Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Trade Offer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Darrelle Revis Trade Offer Reply with quote

Would the lions be interested in trading for the Darrelle Revis? The Lions been looking for a stud CB for some time. REVIS ISLAND is yours for the right price.

Here is the offer:

Darrelle Revis, Jets second round pick ( #39) and Jets 2013 4th round pick for Detroit's #5 pick.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

The Lions don't have the cap room to take on that contract.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way. Prefer Milliner at 5 as DHLF pointed out it would set Det way farther back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Nope.

The Lions don't have the cap room to take on that contract.
Right in the point. We just can't have 70 million tied up in 4 players, besides, our scheme favors an elite DL, not an elite secondary.

EDIT: But, if we could somehow find a way to add him without sacrificing others parts on the team, I would FOR SURE do that trade.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. We just can't afford him. The only way a Revis trade could happen is if we were to magically make Suh's salary go away, which isn't possible even if we traded him.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
Nope. We just can't afford him. The only way a Revis trade could happen is if we were to magically make Suh's salary go away, which isn't possible even if we traded him.

The only way it can happen is if Suh goes the other way.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

The only way it can happen is if Suh goes the other way.

Can't even do that because the cap excellerators in his contract make it basically impossible to cut him this year.

As far as your offer, it's extremely fair just isn't the right move to make for this team at this time. If the conversation was about a pass rusher... then a move like this one makes more since for this team.
LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw yes, as long as he clears medically, and we can clear up cap space with restructuring Stafford's contract.

Idk how much exactly that would save us, but e have $9mill of cap space now. From what I saw, Revis' cap number in 2013 in $9mill and 6 mill for the next 3 years. So I think Revis contract can fit and the money saved from restructuring Staffords deal can be used from the rest of the players.

Lions could also save $3 mill by restructuring Johnson's contract and $2 mill from restructuring Tulloch's contract. There are other things the Lions can do to find cap space (see ---> http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/02/detroit_lions_have_a_handful_o.html )

A shut down corner would be huge and Revis is the best in the game
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
I saw yes, as long as he clears medically, and we can clear up cap space with restructuring Stafford's contract.

Idk how much exactly that would save us, but e have $9mill of cap space now. From what I saw, Revis' cap number in 2013 in $9mill and 6 mill for the next 3 years. So I think Revis contract can fit and the money saved from restructuring Staffords deal can be used from the rest of the players.

Lions could also save $3 mill by restructuring Johnson's contract and $2 mill from restructuring Tulloch's contract. There are other things the Lions can do to find cap space (see ---> http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/02/detroit_lions_have_a_handful_o.html )

DEAL!!! We will fly Revis out to you for a physical. Hold it. Just got a call from Jaguars. Call you right back.

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way Revis plays out his contract, that's one of the big reasons NY is wanting to trade him, he doesn't accept playing out a contract they he thinks under pays him (even though it takes his signature to make the contract).

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
LionsChamps201? wrote:

DEAL!!! We will fly Revis out to you for a physical. Hold it. Just got a call from Jaguars. Call you right back.

Just made deal with Jaguars for #2 pick.

Darrelle Revis, Jets' second( #39) and 2014 first round pick for #2 pick. They want to go after Jadeveon Clowney in next year's draft.

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:

I think the 9 million is high but even if true they have to have 5-6 million for draft picks with some in reserve for late season emergency signings.

The restructures would put the Lions in cap trouble again next season and Revis is a free agent after this season. His contract voids after 2013 and stipulates the franchise tag can't be used.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
They want to go after Jadeveon Clowney in next year's draft.

Well that shouldn't affect their 2013 draft plans.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
famousj wrote:

Forreal. Remember Javon Snead.....errr rather most people probably don't remember Javon Snead. But he was a lock for #1 overall at one time, I swear Shocked
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
famousj wrote:

Forreal. Remember Javon Snead.....errr rather most people probably don't remember Javon Snead. But he was a lock for #1 overall at one time, I swear Shocked

Every year there's a guy that looks like a "lock" for a top ten pick that winds up dropping like a rock for some reason or another. Calais Campbell is one of them, Da'Quan Bowers is another. I love Clowney and I don't think he has as many red flags as Campbell or Bowers, but there's just too much going on between now and the 2014 draft. The Jags could have a surprisingly good season and knock themselves out of contention for Clowney. Or Clowney could destroy his knee and wind up slipping into the 2nd or 3rd round like Lattimore. You just never know.

MrDrew wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: