Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HOLY LINEBACKERS, BATMAN!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: HOLY LINEBACKERS, BATMAN!!!! Reply with quote

Okay, so with all the cap space we just burnt through today, it's reasonable to say Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel are likely to be cut soon. So, that would leave us with Bailey, Poe, Powe, Toribio and that's basically it.

So...if TJax is cut....I was thinking....aaaaannnd....this gives us an opportunity to switch back to the 4-3 if we wanted to do so.

Would we? What would that involve? Who would move positions? Who would we draft?

Here's a quick idea of what we could do:

1st overall: Werner/Ansah

LE: Tamba
DT: Toribio/Powe
UT: Poe
RE: Ansah/Werner
LOLB: Houston
MLB: DJ
ROLB: ????

OR...

1st overall: (GASP!) Manti Te'o? I know, I know...just humor me...

LE: Houston
UT: Poe
RE: Tamba
LOLB: Studebaker
MLB: Te'o
ROLB: DJ

Just a thought. Random thought, at that. Is it a possibility? Would Richardson then be a candidate to pair next to Poe, put Houston & Tamba on either side and hope we can fill the need for OLBs in FA and the draft?

So many variables to consider that my brain's about to explode.

...aaaaaaaaaand go.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutton's a 34 guy though right? Even if we cut T-Jax it stands to reason that we'd stay in that scheme.

I don't see any way in hell Manti Te'O is picked 1st overall though. So there's that. Maybe he's there in the 3rd, is that your reasoning Ryk?
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo has zero chance to get picked top 15. If we took him at 1 I'd puke. Arthur Brown is 3x the player he is.

Also if we were switching to a 4-3 you keep Houston at SLB and take Ziggy or Tank Carradine. Those are the 2 best DEs in the class.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Sutton's a 34 guy though right? Even if we cut T-Jax it stands to reason that we'd stay in that scheme.

I don't see any way in hell Manti Te'O is picked 1st overall though. So there's that. Maybe he's there in the 3rd, is that your reasoning Ryk?

Sutton uses a 3-4 base, but if he's anything like Rex, he'll be very versatile in the different fronts he lines up throughout every game. Rex has gone as far as to have all 11 players on defense in a 2 point stance prior to the snap. If that's the thought process he's bringing to town, I wouldn't rule out a guy like Werner if TJax is, in fact, cut.

As for Te'o? Meh. Personally, I'm not a fan of his at all. Never have been, never will be probably. He's generally considered to be at least a solid prospect, so feel free to substitute other names. I'm really just spitballing here.

If we cut TJax, we'll have lost both of our starting DEs from last year, so this is more about how we're either going to replace them or change schemes since we'll have some flexibility WHEN we replace them.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

Sutton uses a 3-4 base, but if he's anything like Rex, he'll be very versatile in the different fronts he lines up throughout every game. Rex has gone as far as to have all 11 players on defense in a 2 point stance prior to the snap. If that's the thought process he's bringing to town, I wouldn't rule out a guy like Werner if TJax is, in fact, cut.

As for Te'o? Meh. Personally, I'm not a fan of his at all. Never have been, never will be probably. He's generally considered to be at least a solid prospect, so feel free to substitute other names. I'm really just spitballing here.

If we cut TJax, we'll have lost both of our starting DEs from last year, so this is more about how we're either going to replace them or change schemes since we'll have some flexibility WHEN we replace them.

Sutton was here long before Rex was. He was our DC under Eric Mangini. His strategy couldn't be more different from Rex's. He was an extremely conservative play caller as our DC.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ that couldn't possibly be because Mangini came from the same 2 gap 3-4 as Crennel, now could it?

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Sutton was here long before Rex was. He was our DC under Eric Mangini. His strategy couldn't be more different from Rex's. He was an extremely conservative play caller as our DC.

You'll be a huge help in this thread! Thanks for stopping by!

Did Sutton ever show scheme versatility? Was he solely a 2 gapping, 3-4 guy? Or did he have different wrinkles and schemes? Did he ever show any 4-3 looks? Veeeeeeeeerrry curious to read what you have to say.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
EB29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather see this look:

LE: Poe
RE: Ansah/Star

Thats a nasty base D right there with lots of potential nickel looks. Throw in a Ripoti Pitioua singing and a MLB in the 3/4th round depending on CB value at the time of the pick and I feel really good about the offseason.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Id rather see this look:

LE: Poe
RE: Ansah/Star

Thats a nasty base D right there with lots of potential nickel looks. Throw in a Ripoti Pitioua singing and a MLB in the 3/4th round depending on CB value at the time of the pick and I feel really good about the offseason.

Very Happy

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Poe as our Ngata LE and Ansah as our Justin Smith at RE? Hell yeah. I can dig it.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

Why do you insist on condescending anyone you don't know who disagrees with you? He simply disagreed and pointed out facts. All this will do is cause him to respond negatively to anything you say.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Why do you insist on condescending anyone you don't know who disagrees with you? He simply disagreed and pointed out facts. All this will do is cause him to respond negatively to anything you say.

I'm pretty sure Ryk was being completely serious

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Why do you insist on assuming I was being condescending?

That wasn't sarcasm. It was a genuine statement and if you would've actually read the rest of my post, you would've seen that I asked him several questions about Sutton's history with the Jets. If you want me to get condescending, I can, Mr. Mod. Rolling Eyes

bigschmadt00 wrote:
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
green24 wrote:

Did Sutton ever show scheme versatility? Was he solely a 2 gapping, 3-4 guy? Or did he have different wrinkles and schemes? Did he ever show any 4-3 looks? Veeeeeeeeerrry curious to read what you have to say.

He wasn't awfully creative. Guys like Jonathan Vilma had no use at all in Sutton's defense. He has coached in a 4-3 in the past, but he didn't really mix it in that much with the Jets.

It's possible that some Rex has rubbed off on him.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
He wasn't awfully creative. Guys like Jonathan Vilma had no use at all in Sutton's defense. He has coached in a 4-3 in the past, but he didn't really mix it in that much with the Jets.

Ah, gotcha. I'm still confused as to why Vilma didn't work in that defense. Vilma has never been great at shedding blocks, but it was extreme for you guys. I completely forgot about that, actually.

Rex runs more of a 1 gap scheme, not a 2 gap, right? ...Or am I completely wrong about that?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
green24 wrote:

Ah, gotcha. I'm still confused as to why Vilma didn't work in that defense. Vilma has never been great at shedding blocks, but it was extreme for you guys. I completely forgot about that, actually.

Rex runs more of a 1 gap scheme, not a 2 gap, right? ...Or am I completely wrong about that?

Rex runs everything. Laughing

1-gap, 2-gap, 3-4, 4-3, 4-6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: