Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Outlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Nic, I apologize if I missed this somewhere, but didn't Gamble play a lot of safety for Carolina?

I think honestly what we have to look at is, as you said. Glenn is gone, resigning him would be an absolute stunner unless he plays for virtually nothing. TJax paycut would almost be unfair how much less he would have to make, but it could happen. If it doesn't, honestly I think our first round pick is very forced. And if we can't trade back (heck even if we can) and as long as he checks out, I think it's gotta be Star. He can play NT, Poe slides out to end. And maybe we get a guy like Canty (who seems to have no shortage of suitors) to rotate with Bailey and a mid/late round guy.

My biggest sadness with not having 34 is that I think at least one of these guys Te'o, Ogeltree (least favorite), Rhodes, Brown and Minter will be there. All of which easily would have started for us. But honestly, we got a starting QB with that pick, so it's still a good pick. I think we need a stronger ILB than any rotation of Jones/Siler. I love Siler as a thumper, but I feel like he lacks the gift outside of the redzone. For my money, it's really close between CB2/ILB as our second biggest need. If we keep TJax, I would bump those to our number 1, depending on our 1st pick.

DT,
Gamble has played exclusively at cornerback for the Panthers since being drafted in round 1 out of Ohio State.

I should clarify - Edgar Jones is merely a special teamer and depth player IMO. Siler brings atleast some veteran experience (although limited) and I think that bring some value. I like a couple of prospects that could push Siler - Kevin Reddick and Gerald Hodges to name just two. Reddick IMO could push Siler sooner rather than later and make an immediate impact on special teams.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT, you gotta go with CB#2...ILB #2 does not need to be a 3 down player and isn't as important on the first 2 downs, especially in a passing league/division. We also have 3 pro bowlers surrounding whoever we stick in that spot, so that will make it easier on him.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage, that is a very good point. I just don't want to ignore the spot, because even though Belcher was "ok" in the position we all knew when he screwed up, WITH those pro-bowlers around him.

Upon further review though, you're right I'd probably bump CB2 up a little ahead of ILB. But I think if the ILB sitting there is clearly better than the CB available, you don't hesitate.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Rage, that is a very good point. I just don't want to ignore the spot, because even though Belcher was "ok" in the position we all knew when he screwed up, WITH those pro-bowlers around him.

Upon further review though, you're right I'd probably bump CB2 up a little ahead of ILB. But I think if the ILB sitting there is clearly better than the CB available, you don't hesitate.

Yeah, but then again the whole way the defense was run last year was screwed up. Eric Berry looked incompetent much of the year as did DJ the first few games. We just flat out needed a strategic change and Romeo was either too stubborn or too overwhelmed with dual duties to make it happen.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask the Chiefs fans a question. Up until now I've been convinced that Joeckel or Fischer is going #1 overall but I've read some of your comments in the B.A. thread and the reasons you've suggested against it make a lot of sense.

So then that brings to mind the other 'top players' in the draft. The Kansas Chiefs, in my mind did a great thing by tagging B.A., resigning Bowe, and resigning Colquitt.

Do you think there is any chance that the Chiefs trade out of the 1st round pick to acquire more picks..hypothetically speaking, like a trade to the St. Louis Rams to acquire BOTH of their 1st's and..considering what the Redskins paid last season, maybe a 2nd or 3rd on top of it.

Granted if they were to trade back to the Rams they'd be moving WAY back. So I would find it more likely that they would trade back with a team like the Cardinals or Buffalo Bills who would likely target Geno Smith.

Worst case scenario, if they traded back with the Bills, they'd be at 8 and have their pick of a lot of quality players. Potentially including guys like Dion Jordan, Cordarrelle Patterson, Mingo, Star Lotulelei, etc (I think Milliner would be gone by this point)

Or do you think they'll stick it out at #1 and make a pick?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask the Chiefs fans a question. Up until now I've been convinced that Joeckel or Fischer is going #1 overall but I've read some of your comments in the B.A. thread and the reasons you've suggested against it make a lot of sense.

So then that brings to mind the other 'top players' in the draft. The Kansas Chiefs, in my mind did a great thing by tagging B.A., resigning Bowe, and resigning Colquitt.

Do you think there is any chance that the Chiefs trade out of the 1st round pick to acquire more picks..hypothetically speaking, like a trade to the St. Louis Rams to acquire BOTH of their 1st's and..considering what the Redskins paid last season, maybe a 2nd or 3rd on top of it.

Granted if they were to trade back to the Rams they'd be moving WAY back. So I would find it more likely that they would trade back with a team like the Cardinals or Buffalo Bills who would likely target Geno Smith.

Worst case scenario, if they traded back with the Bills, they'd be at 8 and have their pick of a lot of quality players. Potentially including guys like Dion Jordan, Cordarrelle Patterson, Mingo, Star Lotulelei, etc (I think Milliner would be gone by this point)

Or do you think they'll stick it out at #1 and make a pick?

Tons of variables to consider but my honest opinion is that they end up staying at #1 after looking at different potential scenarios of trading down. If Star Lotulelei checks out medically, I could definitely see him getting serious consideration at #1 for us. Our one returning defensive lineman outside of Tyson Jackson is Allen Bailey who was a rotational player for us. Jackson is due just north of $17 million in 2013 so something will need to be done.

IF the Chiefs stayed at #1 and Lotulelei checks out medically, I would definitely be ok with him being the pick. We could offload Jackson's salary and bring in someone like Chris Canty or Cullen Jenkins to play the other end spot. We then re-sign Ropati Pitoitua as another rotational defensive end. Again, assuming Star checks out medically, I like him ALOT more than Shariff Floyd.

That being said, both of the trade scenarios you mentioned would definitely be worth considering. The only thing is it takes two to tango and I am not sure what teams would be looking to jump to the first pick. I could see the Rams being content with their picks while my one hope is that a team like the Bills would really like Geno Smith as their franchise quarterback and look to leapfrog the competition.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Do you think there is any chance that the Chiefs trade out of the 1st round pick to acquire more picks.

One can hope so.

IMO, this is not only the best option, it needs to be what we really go after. Even if we only add a 2nd this year, and maybe a later round pick, so long as we don't go much past 10-12, I'd be happy. The fact is we will probably reaching 5-6 slots anyway, or addressing a position of non-immediate need.

I'd also keep an eye on moving Albert. If we are far enough apart, the team may decide to move him before the draft, as we would need to have that sorted out before we pass on Joeckel.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm sure we would LOVE to trade down the question is who wants to trade up???
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Geno is the QB that Dorsey/Reid have pegged as their guy, trading out of the No. 1 pick would be great. Even if we can move back 1-4 spots, that'd be fine. We could likely still pick get our guy plus a late-round pick.

I'm 90% sure Geno isn't the guy we're after, so trading down is entirely possible. If not, I think we look at Warmack or Fisher.

`
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just figured I'd slap this in here, since it seems silly to start another thread. But welcome to the NFL Terrell Sinkfield, if for nothing else someone is going to draft this kid as a return man...

4.19 40-yard dash...

Here is the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/northern-iowa-terrell-sinkfield-runs-recordbreaking-4-19-141840831--nfl.html
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vs Baylor 2011 (RG3)

vs Miami 2012

vs Oklahoma 2012

vs West Virginia 2012

vs Texas 2012

vs Oregon 2012

I was gonna watch these and note what Arthur did on every play, and I did for Miami and Baylor and I got halfway through OU, but he's so freaking good my hand is tired.

to add on to this expect some giant write up on why this guy is the best player in the draft and why we should take him number 1.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:
Unless Geno is the QB that Dorsey/Reid have pegged as their guy, trading out of the No. 1 pick would be great. Even if we can move back 1-4 spots, that'd be fine. We could likely still pick get our guy plus a late-round pick.

I'm 90% sure Geno isn't the guy we're after, so trading down is entirely possible. If not, I think we look at Warmack or Fisher.

`

Just curious as to why you think that? Does Fisher play guard? Even if he does, do you think it's possible they would value a G over a DL player?

RVM, say I buy that AB is the best player in the draft...does that make him worth it at the position he plays? Over say your best CB available?

wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Yeah I'm sure we would LOVE to trade down the question is who wants to trade up???

I think there is a very good chance that Arizona and/or Buffalo would be interested. I truly don't believe Geno Smith is getting passed the Oakland Raiders.

Thank you guys for entertaining my question.

@Arrowhead, I definitely think that Fisher is capable of playing Guard, he's a very good OT/OL. However, I don't believe they would draft Fisher to play Guard with the #1 overall pick. If they drafted him, I think they'd do so to make him an OT Whether that be LT and putting B.A. at RT or the reverse. Personally, if they traded down and wanted a Guard, I think Warmack is a better bet because he is a True Guard.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Wilson getting some press.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tyler-wilson-could-emerge-as-nfl-draft-day-surprise-032313019.html
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's actually a prospect I like and a guy I thought we might take in the 2nd before we traded that pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: