Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs place tag on OT Branden Albert
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, glad you chimed in. Sometimes I wonder if these guys on the sports shows even think about stuff like that. My first thought was the same as yours, that we'd have a massive hit. We honestly would lose a lot of money by cutting him looking at your numbers, so then Joeckl at RT makes even less sense.
Flexx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
Good work by the new regime today. Really hope this ends all the Joeckel talk.
Well you can wish that, I don't. Not sure the Chiefs will either. He still may be the BPA in there minds.

You want to pay $9.66 million to our LG? Or do you want us to use the #1 pick on a LT that will sit for a year? Neither of those scenarios make any sense to me.
No, I don't but the Chiefs may. It doesn't have to make sense to you or to me only to the organization.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
Well you can wish that, I don't. Not sure the Chiefs will either. He still may be the BPA in there minds.

You want to pay $9.66 million to our LG? Or do you want us to use the #1 pick on a LT that will sit for a year? Neither of those scenarios make any sense to me.
No, I don't but the Chiefs may. It doesn't have to make sense to you or to me only to the organization.

Going along with that line of thought (and not necessarily advocating for this at all just trying to think of all of the roster possibilities), but maybe the Chiefs could keep Albert at LT and IF they draft Joeckel or Fisher for example, they could have Joeckel/Fisher play LG in 2013. At that point Stephenson would have another year of experience under his belt (albeit not starting in this scenario) and Joeckel/Fisher could potentially compete with Stephenson for the starting LT role (with the idea that Stephenson would end up being a swing-tackle). This is definitely outside-of-the-box and at first I was wondering what Reid would think of a 6'-6" (Joeckel) or 6'-7" (Fisher) guard but then I remembered that Todd Herremans has played guard and tackle for the Eagles.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd Herremans, that dude's a hack. Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig
BrotherlyLove

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Todd Herremans, that dude's a hack. Laughing

Umm no. he's been a very good lineman at multiple positions for the Eagles for years
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:

I said that I hope it ends the talk of Joeckel and then you said you don't. That would imply that you want to do those things. Either way, I never said that it is impossible that we still take Joeckel. All I said was that I hope the talk of it ends. Seems like everybody that has replied to my post has that confused.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:

I said that I hope it ends the talk of Joeckel and then you said you don't. That would imply that you want to do those things. Either way, I never said that it is impossible that we still take Joeckel. All I said was that I hope the talk of it ends. Seems like everybody that has replied to my post has that confused.
No, I don't want to do anything. I would like the Chiefs to not rule him out as yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: