Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs place tag on OT Branden Albert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Chiefs place tag on OT Branden Albert Reply with quote

Quote:
Chiefs tag Branden Albert, per league source.

http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/308685480252301312
Tom Brady Tribute
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for no lateral moves (hopefully)! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
EB29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideal scenario played out here. Bowe done long term BA tagged. We can get a look at Stephenson and draft a DL 1st. While still working to extend Albert depending on how everything plays out.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also great news!! What a day!
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work by the new regime today. Really hope this ends all the Joeckel talk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This move is by far the most impressive. The new regime saw exactly what many Chiefs insiders and (smart) fans have been saying for quite some time. Albert NEEDS to be tagged to not only see about his health, but to see about Donald Stephenson behind him. I am so happy with this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1
Quote:
Really hope this ends all the Joeckel talk

Perhaps this will begin the trade back and get a 2nd rd pick back talks. I could really see a DL or CB in the mix right now.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
This move is by far the most impressive. The new regime saw exactly what many Chiefs insiders and (smart) fans have been saying for quite some time. Albert NEEDS to be tagged to not only see about his health, but to see about Donald Stephenson behind him. I am so happy with this.

+1

Easily the best move for the future of this franchise. I mean, I like Albert and all, but Stephenson will now have a chance to win the job he was drafted to win. Albert's also crazy motivated now so he can cash in next offseason, too. Win/win for the Chiefs both in short term and long term. Love this move the most out of the 3 signings today...and I LOVE that we have Bowe locked down now!

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really am not convinced that this means we don't sign Albert long term. If we could get him locked up for less money it'd be smart still. I agree though, looking at the "talent" on the roster, it truly would indicate we're ok with waiting and seeing.

But if we were willing at the beginning of the day to be working on a long term deal, I don't see why that would change.
Flexx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
Well you can wish that, I don't. Not sure the Chiefs will either. He still may be the BPA in there minds.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another genius move. I really think during this draft you will see the Chiefs address the offensive line, defensive line and add a #2/#3 WR. Don't be shicked if they also draft a mid-round QB if they see one they like.

They are really moving in the right direction. Again, congrats Chiefs fans.
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
Well you can wish that, I don't. Not sure the Chiefs will either. He still may be the BPA in there minds.

You want to pay $9.66 million to our LG? Or do you want us to use the #1 pick on a LT that will sit for a year? Neither of those scenarios make any sense to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think he's saying you can't completely discount it. And I think he's right, as do several talking heads. Now I don't see it likely, but I digress.

Remember, we could still trade Albert, though it's already being said that we aren't stopping working on the long term deal. Anything that might knock a couple million off this year's cap number would be ideal.

Someone on NFL network also brought up a good point that our current regime has NO ties to Winston, and we could draft someone like Joeckl and slide him in at RT which would also free up money. Don't really like it, because again I don't see that move IMPROVING our team but more sustaining our team.

KC_Guy, any idea what would we clear by dumping Winston just out of curiosity?
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting Joeckel to play RT is just as likely as Albert playing LG....it'd be the same as no empty beer cans at Ryk's home on draft day.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I just think he's saying you can't completely discount it. And I think he's right, as do several talking heads. Now I don't see it likely, but I digress.

Remember, we could still trade Albert, though it's already being said that we aren't stopping working on the long term deal. Anything that might knock a couple million off this year's cap number would be ideal.

Someone on NFL network also brought up a good point that our current regime has NO ties to Winston, and we could draft someone like Joeckl and slide him in at RT which would also free up money. Don't really like it, because again I don't see that move IMPROVING our team but more sustaining our team.

KC_Guy, any idea what would we clear by dumping Winston just out of curiosity?

I am not KC_Guy, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night....

His remaining prorated signing bonus amount would be escalated into the 2013 year if we cut him which according to spotrac.com is $6,300,000 ($2,100,000 in 2013, 2014, and 2015). His base salary in 2013 is $4,900,000 so we would be hit with $1,400,000 in dead money. I don't know any of the guaranteed amounts (if there are any) that would also be added to the dead money. Again, not considering any guaranteed amounts, it looks like if we were to cut Winston in 2014 that the dead money amount would be $300,000 so unless he completely falls on his face, I think we keep him around for atleast the next two years and likely through his contract.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: