Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs sign WR Dwayne Bowe to 5-year deal; Re-sign P Colquit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Nic, I wouldn't mind seeing us slide a little of this year's money into Hali's next year. My biggest issue with hypothetically cutting either of Hali or Flowers is it instantly creates huge gaping holes to fill. But I understand you're not advocating for it.

I too would love us to work with Berry/Houston.
Flexx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Flexx wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
So now is it Ansah/Star/Floyd/Milliner?
Well you can leave him out if you want but I think JOECKEL is still in the mix. Albert could be moved to G? Just because he has been tagged doesn't mean will be signed next year? New organization and maybe they are not high on Stephenson as LT? Maybe there is a sign and trade for Albert in the works?
Lots of guestions but that is what makes FOOTBALL so much fun.

Albert will NOT be playing G. Hell will freeze over, the loch ness monster will be not only read, but discovered, and Ryk will go an entire draft weekend without beer before Albert plays G for us this year.
When all the above happens, then what? LOL

For Albert to play OG, we'd have to convince him he could get Carl Nicks money at that spot.

And if OG is that big of a need, then why not just take Warmack at #1? Then at least you're money is put to position a little more traditionally, and you arguably have a better duo.

Everyone wants to site Albert's history at OG, but he's now over 5yrs removed from that experience, and that was college level. He's been playing LT now longer then he ever has OG, and at the NFL level.
Yes I agree, Albert should stay at LT. Been saying that for awhile now. Just saying the Chiefs could want him at LG so they could take Joeckel/Fisher/Lane. There thinking is for the betterment of the TEAM not the player. Not saying I agree or disagree w/it just putting it out there.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Flexx wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Well you can leave him out if you want but I think JOECKEL is still in the mix. Albert could be moved to G? Just because he has been tagged doesn't mean will be signed next year? New organization and maybe they are not high on Stephenson as LT? Maybe there is a sign and trade for Albert in the works?

Albert will NOT be playing G. Hell will freeze over, the loch ness monster will be not only read, but discovered, and Ryk will go an entire draft weekend without beer before Albert plays G for us this year.

For Albert to play OG, we'd have to convince him he could get Carl Nicks money at that spot.

And if OG is that big of a need, then why not just take Warmack at #1? Then at least you're money is put to position a little more traditionally, and you arguably have a better duo.

Everyone wants to site Albert's history at OG, but he's now over 5yrs removed from that experience, and that was college level. He's been playing LT now longer then he ever has OG, and at the NFL level.
Yes I agree, Albert should stay at LT. Been saying that for awhile now. Just saying the Chiefs could want him at LG so they could take Joeckel/Fisher/Lane. There thinking is for the betterment of the TEAM not the player. Not saying I agree or disagree w/it just putting it out there.

Albert will not play LG. You'll see. LOL. He would refuse to sign the tender. Plus there is still a chance the tag is pulled or he is traded. He will be signed to play LT and nothing but it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Flexx wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Flexx wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:

Albert will not play LG. You'll see. LOL. He would refuse to sign the tender. Plus there is still a chance the tag is pulled or he is traded. He will be signed to play LT and nothing but it.

I would be shocked if Albert refused to sign the tender for $9MM. I don't care if we want him to be the waterboy, he's not turning that down. He also understands that holding out is one thing, but not signing the tender would give him the perception and stigma of being a malcontent or prima donna, which ultimately will really hurt his chances long term.

Now he might hold out ala Bowe, but honestly he'll probably do that anyway.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Quote:
Letting two top 10 players at their position walk when they are willing to stay is damned if you don't in my mind.

But yea, seems like the Chiefs are just content to be average to above average...we'll see I guess. Maybe Andy Reid surprises us with Smith.

GaTechRavens wrote:
Quote:
I don't think they're damned if they let those guys walk at all. Bowe turns 29 this year, isn't really any better than a bottom of the top 10 receiver, and has faced injuries in the past. He's the exact kind of player that bad teams invest in and good teams shy away from.

I'm more comfortable with Albert because it's a one year deal, but he's turning 29 this year as well and he's basically as good as he's ever going to be right about now. An expensive long term contract - which is what they seem to be going after - is going to do more harm than good.

Flaccomania wrote:
Quote:
Agreed here -- they are "damned if they don't" if you're looking short-term.

However, as a team that just went 2-14, I don't see the value in signing guys like that to a high money contract when in reality, the chances they become legitimate SB contenders in the next 3-5 years is very low.

I think they would have been better served to let them walk, use the cap space to sign several "solid" guys to help fill out the roster and give more quality depth, used the draft to target longer-term guys, and build the team more thoroughly. Then again, that philosophy was thrown to the wayside when they traded for Mr. Mediocre Alex Smith. So, I guess with that in mind, these moves make sense -- but I think it sets them up for a few years of mediocrity before changes are inevitably made again.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's your point, Nic?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
When I tally up the 2013 numbers :

2013 base salary (fully guaranteed) of $750,000
2013 prorated signing bonus : $3,000,000
2013 workout bonus : $250,000

Bowe is only going to count for $4,000,000 against the 2013 salary cap which is a big savings IMO.

How do signing bonuses work? They can give him 15 million up front for signing and we that doesn't count against the cap space for this year? Why not make it 20 million bonus? Why isn't this done with other guys if it saves so much cap room? I'm really out of the loop when it comes to this.

It look like we may be able to get our FA CB now that Bowe is costing us about 6 or 7 million less this year than we originally thot.

signing bonus gets for cap purposes counts equal amount each year for first 5 years of contract. So since Bowe's signing bonus was 15 mil that will count 3 mil against the cap every year.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert could, Albert won't, Chiefs could, Chiefs won't...sometimes this is what I feel like we're doing with this...

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Albert could, Albert won't, Chiefs could, Chiefs won't...sometimes this is what I feel like we're doing with this...

You've just lost all credibility. I've never seen a horse in any of the Star Wars movies. Pssh. Good day to you, sir.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You've just lost all credibility. I've never seen a horse in any of the Star Wars movies. Pssh. Good day to you, sir.

To have the chance to post lego storm troopers beating a lego horse...

Worth it!

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
To have the chance to post lego storm troopers beating a lego horse...

Worth it!

Haha, fair enough.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Flexx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Flexx wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Flexx wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:

Albert is not stupid. If he wants to get paid and play, he will. Don't think it will come to that but that possibility is always there.
Taylor916

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Albert worth trade wise? He may very well have been franchised for the possibility of a trade. If we can get a first or second rounder, I'd love to trade him and grab Joeckel, unless we are secretly going for Geno. Albert is not worth what he is asking for as he is injury prone. That being said, I would over pay him if need be to keep a good Left Tackle if we cannot get a better one.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor916 wrote:
What is Albert worth trade wise? He may very well have been franchised for the possibility of a trade. If we can get a first or second rounder, I'd love to trade him and grab Joeckel, unless we are secretly going for Geno. Albert is not worth what he is asking for as he is injury prone. That being said, I would over pay him if need be to keep a good Left Tackle if we cannot get a better one.

I've been thinking about it a lot. I'm thinking a good deal for us would be a 2nd this year and conditional 2014. Sound familiar? Very Happy

I honestly think it's fair value.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Taylor916 wrote:

I've been thinking about it a lot. I'm thinking a good deal for us would be a 2nd this year and conditional 2014. Sound familiar? Very Happy

I honestly think it's fair value.

I would be up for that. Hopefully Stephenson could take the next step so we could have some flexibility come draft time not to mention the cap savings.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: