Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ziggy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ryk, have you ever seen Ngata? This guy looks like a slot receiver compared to him...lol

I got so much more excited for the draft today. If we can slide back to say 8...literally so many guys that could impact and improve our team.

I know, the Samoan descent got the best of me...

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost seems like overkill and a lot of development time needed to teach two raw athletic freaks like Poe and Ansah, would Dorsey take that gamble?
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah reminds me of the other Giants DE, Jason Pierre-Paul.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Justin Tuck was absolutely the first guy that came to mind watching him.

Looking at it from that perspective, wouldn't you give up the 1st overall pick for a younger, more athletic version of Tuck? Wink

For conversation's sake, is a poor man's Haloti Ngata. More like a stronger, but slower Randy Starks. Hmm. Neither is really the greatest comparison. Thoughts?

I just can't see him beasting it up in the 3-4 unless he packs on at least 15 more without losing his burst. Too much chance of ruining a player and not using his potential for the #1 pick. I won't be upset if he was the pick though. Cause that means they think they can make it work.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Almost seems like overkill and a lot of development time needed to teach two raw athletic freaks like Poe and Ansah, would Dorsey take that gamble?

If what he's said in press conferences is true, then yes. As long as Ansah is his top ranked player, that is. It's all about BPA with Dorsey.

simonwayne wrote:
Ansah reminds me of the other Giants DE, Jason Pierre-Paul.

JPP is more of a "quick twitch" athlete than Ansah is. Ansah is more about power and athletic ability than speed/quickness and athletic ability if that makes sense. Ansah is certainly athletic and quick enough to play OLB and has a similar build to JPP, but since Ansah plays with so much power, I like his potential on the line in a 3 point stance better.

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I just can't see him beasting it up in the 3-4 unless he packs on at least 15 more without losing his burst. Too much chance of ruining a player and not using his potential for the #1 pick. I won't be upset if he was the pick though. Cause that means they think they can make it work.

Was it you who posted the thread about Justin Smith and the impact he has for the 49ers a little while back? Might've been Mike. Not sure. Anyway, Justin Smith is widely considered to be one of, if not THE best 3-4 DE in the league, right? Well, he's 6'4" and weighs in at 285. He's not as athletic as Ansah, is about as strong in his upper body, but Smith does have a stronger lower body. All that means is that Ansah would be asked to bulk up his lower body a bit (again, keep in mind he's only played football for 2 years, so he's still filling out his frame anyway) and then we have a taller, more athletic DE than Justin Smith. Obviously, technique would have to be taught...but I truly feel like Ansah can be that kind of impact player.

Here are Justin Smith's combine workout numbers:

6'4"
267 lbs
34" vertical
34 3/8" arm length
26 reps of 225 lbs
4.64 forty yard dash
117" broad jump

..and here are Ansah's:

6'5 1/2"
271 lbs
34.5" vertical
35 1/8" arm length
21 reps of 225 lbs
4.63 forty yard dash
118" broad jump

Starting to see where I'm going with this? Ansah is the prototype for our version of Justin Smith. I want him so bad I can taste it.

That is, if I no can haz Geno.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda get where you're coming from and I'm warming up to the idea, still think he'd be a better 4-3 end though.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I kinda get where you're coming from and I'm warming up to the idea, still think he'd be a better 4-3 end though.

I'll get you to come around. Maybe I'll have to bribe you again with a Bacon Jalapeno Burger to accomplish that feat, but it shall be done. Mark my words! Laughing

bigschmadt00 wrote:
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, here comes the comments about Ryk's.juicy meat again...
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Nic, I like the Justin Tuck comparison. A lot. I'd say Ansah is more athletic and has a higher ceiling, but they're very similar players in terms of physical build and overall skill set.

Da_Zou13 wrote:
I dont think his potential is wasted at 34 DE. He has plenty of size and room to add weight too. Most people think that it is hard to produce at this position, but a player like JJ Watt Justin Smith can have a huge impact for a defense.

Exactly why I'm so high on him. He's easily the best pass rusher in this year's draft and he's only been playing football for two years. Therefore, his technique is super raw and his instincts are only going to get better, too. He's at around 270 lbs right now and he moves better than Justin Houston or Jared Allen did at the combine. He has the frame to add on another 10-15 lbs of bulk without losing his athleticism and that would only mean more dominance as a pass rusher and getting a stronger lower body to help in the run game.

I envision Ansah being a wildcard you have to account for on defense. On rushing downs, it'll take him some time to learn technique (just like every other 3-4 DE in the history of the league, even JJ Watt...), but once he does, he'll certainly be strong enough and athletic enough with long enough arms to effectively 2 gap if necessary. He's obviously a great pass rushing threat already as a DE, whether it be as a 4-3 or 3-4 DE. The great thing about him is his versatility and reported work ethic. He's athletic enough to move to OLB in certain packages or even to permanently replace Tamba once his play starts to decline. He's also a good fit as a 3 technique in certain packages, so just think about what that means for our defense. At any given point, we could have four guys on our line who can effectively put pressure on the line in Houston, Hali, Ansah and Poe. Hell, who knows how TJax will react if we run a 1 gap scheme? He could become a legitimate threat, too. Just depends on the scheme and the talent around him.

Some people will say "that's overkill". Well, to that, I say "New York Football Giants".

If we don't take Geno, I want Ansah. And I want him BAD.

I would hope I've built up some credibility when projecting players to the NFL, but I feel I specialize in corners, defensive lineman and offensive lineman. Everyone was down on Poe last year, but I feel like I was the only one who liked him.

Ziggy gives me the same giddy feeling I had last year with Poe. Great work ethic, great measurables, desire to learn and an incredible motor. This kid is going to be something special and aside from Geno, I really don't see anyone else who is worth a top 5 pick, considering how each player projects to our roster. Of course, I like Ansah much more than Star when you look at what our team needs are (pass rush, pass rush, pass rush).

Ry, I wasn't clamoring to have Poe's lovechild like you, but I definitely saw the potential there! Give me some credit! LOL

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
Mongo, are you referencing Arthur Brown, LB Kstate or Aldon Smith DE/OLB for the 49ers?

Smith, thanks. OMG, I'm turning into my Dad.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we can move away from the strict 2 gapping scheme. Versatility is key and it limits what guys like Ziggy could do for us in our scheme. If we move to a mix of 2 gapping and 1 gapping then Ziggy could probably dominate in a couple years.

Imagine having Poe and Ziggy there. I don't know if there is a better size/athleticism combo out there.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, very true, Nic. You were one of the few who liked him. It felt like it was me against the world last year with Poe, lol.

...and OIL, I don't know of a more athletic duo in a 3-4 D-line. It'd be fun to watch, that's for sure.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Haha, very true, Nic. You were one of the few who liked him. It felt like it was me against the world last year with Poe, lol.

...and OIL, I don't know of a more athletic duo in a 3-4 D-line. It'd be fun to watch, that's for sure.

Like try getting the edge with those guys running you down. Good luck buddy.
EB29

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Like try getting the edge with those guys running you down. Good luck buddy.

Imagine if the unthinkable happened and Allen Bailey played to his potential as well. That would be 3 athletic freaks. A guy can dream

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
bigballin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR DEFENSE -

If we are drafting...

OLB/ILB- gimme Jarvis Jones

DE- gimme Sheldon Richardson

NT- gimme Star Lout...or Brandon Williams in the 2nd/3rd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: