Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys place franchise tag on Anthony Spencer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baixis wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Baixis wrote:
With Pitt releasing Harrison, is there any chance they would be interested in trading a 2nd, or maybe a couple thirds, for Spencer? I would take those deals.

You still start the asking price at two 1sts and work your way down. I'd be elated with Pittsburgh's 1st rounder (even though I know we won't get it) because we'd have back-to-back selections in the 1st round. We'd be able to go o-line and d-line, then safety in the 2nd round.

Oh, for sure! That's what we ASK! I just don't think there's any way in hell that any team would give that. I DO think though, that a 3-4 team in need (PITT!) would consider a couple 3's or a 2, and like you said, theirs is right there with ours, which I would love! Even if it wasn't their 1st, their 2nd would still give us THREE top-50 picks! Good for them AND good for us.

No disagreement here. I'd do backflips if we were to get that 17th pick, though. The thought of Warmack/Richardson in the 1st with Reid in the 2nd is really exciting. Of course, to Slam and I, the thought of a Wamack/Cooper 1st round would be worthy of a Joan Rivers Praise Party.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Baixis wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Baixis wrote:
With Pitt releasing Harrison, is there any chance they would be interested in trading a 2nd, or maybe a couple thirds, for Spencer? I would take those deals.

You still start the asking price at two 1sts and work your way down. I'd be elated with Pittsburgh's 1st rounder (even though I know we won't get it) because we'd have back-to-back selections in the 1st round. We'd be able to go o-line and d-line, then safety in the 2nd round.

Oh, for sure! That's what we ASK! I just don't think there's any way in hell that any team would give that. I DO think though, that a 3-4 team in need (PITT!) would consider a couple 3's or a 2, and like you said, theirs is right there with ours, which I would love! Even if it wasn't their 1st, their 2nd would still give us THREE top-50 picks! Good for them AND good for us.

No disagreement here. I'd do backflips if we were to get that 17th pick, though. The thought of Warmack/Richardson in the 1st with Reid in the 2nd is really exciting. Of course, to Slam and I, the thought of a Wamack/Cooper 1st round would be worthy of a Joan Rivers Praise Party.

If we pulled it off, would you wear an I Heart Jerry Jones sig for a month?

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Baixis wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Baixis wrote:

If he pulled that off and our first two rounds looked like either of the ones below, I'd wear an I <3 Joan Rivers sig until the opening game of the season:

1st Round - Chance Warmack
1st Round - Jonathan Cooper
2nd Round - Eric Reid

1st Round - Chance Warmack (or Jonathan Cooper)
1st Round - Sheldon Richardson
2nd Round - Eric Reid

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Baixis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Baixis wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Baixis wrote:

If he pulled that off and our first two rounds looked like either of the ones below, I'd wear an I <3 Joan Rivers sig until the opening game of the season:

1st Round - Chance Warmack
1st Round - Jonathan Cooper
2nd Round - Eric Reid

1st Round - Sheldon Richardson
2nd Round - Eric Reid

I like your first option the best! I would also throw these in myself:

1st Round - Fluker
2nd Round - Eric Reid (or Elam)

1st Round - Chance Warmack (or Jonathan Cooper or Fluker)
2nd Round - Warford (or OT Watson)
2nd Round - Eric Reid (or Elam)

I REALLY like the idea of a Safety and TWO OL! With Spencer gone, I would probably wait til the 3rd to grab some competition for Crawford, or another DT.
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@fishsports: Source tells me A. Spencer today told #Cowboys he's 'willing ASAP' to start on forging long-term deal to cut $10.6M cap impact in half.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
@fishsports: Source tells me A. Spencer today told #Cowboys he's 'willing ASAP' to start on forging long-term deal to cut $10.6M cap impact in half.

To be honest, this might be a decent move IF its a contract that can be terminated early without much damage.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

To be honest, this might be a decent move IF its a contract that can be terminated early without much damage.

I'm pretty sure his contract won't be though. Jerry will overpay Spencer but will think it's okay since the contract will have built in restructures.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.

Last edited by Tony7188 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Im disappointed in you FM30. The only good move we can make regarding spencer is trading him at this point. We have no cap room and have few ways of generating cap room. Trading spencer could help out a lot.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Im disappointed in you FM30. The only good move we can make regarding spencer is trading him at this point. We have no cap room and have few ways of generating cap room. Trading spencer could help out a lot.

Thats not my first option by any means. My preference is to deal him for picks. But that is unlikely at this point. Agreeing to a deal should cut his first year cap in half, generating around $5M in cap space for us to work with. If we can structure it in a way that we can cut him in three years when he is likely underachieving, then I will be happy. But my first preference is to trade Spencer.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Da Boyz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trade with Pittsburgh fits and would be great. Don't count on it though, this isn't a move that the Steelers tend to make.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think Pittsburgh has cap problems themselves. And no, they aren't trading their first when they could use it on a player 1/3 of Spencer's price, 7 years younger, and quite possibly better in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone seriously think that Jerry would trade Spencer? I know speculation is fun, but Jerry hasn't traded a roster player for picks in the first two rounds since he bought the team (I belive that research was by Bob Sturm).

R.I.P. B2TB
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDeezy wrote:
Does anyone seriously think that Jerry would trade Spencer? I know speculation is fun, but Jerry hasn't traded a roster player for picks in the first two rounds since he bought the team (I belive that research was by Bob Sturm).

Jerry had also never spent a 1st round pick, let alone a top ten pick, on an OL since he bought the team until two seasons ago. Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean it can't.

^^^mack

Last edited by Desperado82 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDeezy wrote:

Herschel Walker?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: