Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

brings some familiar faces with Smith?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanekc88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: brings some familiar faces with Smith? Reply with quote

hey what's up Chiefsnation!!!! I know their is a free agent thread but I figured this would be different because its a Ex smith teammates..

would you guys want to bring in Walker, Moss, Goldeson if they are not resigned at all?

Moss would want to play with a "contender" well the market will not be big for him.. what do you say?? bargin deal for 1 year??

Delanie Walker is a guy I am pretty high on and would love to see him on our squad next season.. 2-4 year deal. he can block, catch,run,run decent routes.. he does drop some balls here and there but I honestly would take him to pair with moeki.

Any other notable guys you would want to help Alex Smith???
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ok with Walker, but remember depending on our own guys we may not have that much room to work with.

Goldson, if we keep Bowe and or Albert and re-work rather than dump Jackson, just isn't even possible to think about. Now if we tag Bowe and drop Jackson and let Albert walk maybe, but that is leaving us with more holes than we started with.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
shanekc88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I'd be ok with Walker, but remember depending on our own guys we may not have that much room to work with.

Goldson, if we keep Bowe and or Albert and re-work rather than dump Jackson, just isn't even possible to think about. Now if we tag Bowe and drop Jackson and let Albert walk maybe, but that is leaving us with more holes than we started with.

agreed. the reason I did not even give my own explanation was because I couldn't figure out the right cap situation for him..

unless. We get Tamba to cut some of his contract to help the team. TAG Albert,Re Sign Bowe, (which ever saves us more money) Since Bowe has already been tagged his price will go up so I think tagging Albert makes the most sense..

yeah thats just not going to happen Goldson wants to much..
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delanie Walker the swiss army knife? The guy who can play special teams, block, catch, and provide a good locker room presence, that Delanie Walker? Naw why the hell would I want him?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Delanie Walker the swiss army knife? The guy who can play special teams, block, catch, and provide a good locker room presence, that Delanie Walker? Naw why the hell would I want him?

Hah well my friend I grew up in San Jose CA, which is 45 min from San Francisco. The fans i have grew up with and talked to all have mixed feelings on him.. the main reason being he is to inconsistent with his hands... Secondly he misses blocks....

i think they are just nit picking a couple bad snaps the guy had.. I am really high on Walker. I agree with you. bring him in
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the price is right I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Walker. The key will be his expectations. I am not sure I see him as necessarily a solid #1 tight end but a very good schematic tight end that plays a complimentary role. I am looking for Moeaki to take the next step in his development as a tight end with a competent quarterback throwing him the ball and definitely wouldn't mind drafting a developmental tight end.

The potential issues as I see them could be Walker's expectations on salary and role combined with the fact that we are not necessarily at the point where we are a contender.

I would be ok with Moeaki as our #1, signing FA David Thomas as the #2, and drafting a developmental prospect (ex. Nick Kasa) at some point in the middle rounds. That would probably be more cost effective when compared with the salary commitments.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be all for the addition of Delanie Walker. I don't he would break the bank and he would be a very solid addition.

Also didn't he attend UCM in Warrensburg? I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain.
Dexter McCluster #22 5-8 170 The Original Offensive Weapon
46 Receptions 438 Yards 9.5 Avg 1 TD 43 long
8 Rushes 5 Yards .6 Avg 0 TD 5 long
54 Punt Returns 631 Yards 11.7 Avg 2 TD 89 long
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he did attend UCM.

KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Yeah, he did attend UCM.

That's what I thought. Maybe he would like to return to the area
Dexter McCluster #22 5-8 170 The Original Offensive Weapon
46 Receptions 438 Yards 9.5 Avg 1 TD 43 long
8 Rushes 5 Yards .6 Avg 0 TD 5 long
54 Punt Returns 631 Yards 11.7 Avg 2 TD 89 long
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
If the price is right I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Walker. The key will be his expectations. I am not sure I see him as necessarily a solid #1 tight end but a very good schematic tight end that plays a complimentary role. I am looking for Moeaki to take the next step in his development as a tight end with a competent quarterback throwing him the ball and definitely wouldn't mind drafting a developmental tight end.

The potential issues as I see them could be Walker's expectations on salary and role combined with the fact that we are not necessarily at the point where we are a contender.

I would be ok with Moeaki as our #1, signing FA David Thomas as the #2, and drafting a developmental prospect (ex. Nick Kasa) at some point in the middle rounds. That would probably be more cost effective when compared with the salary commitments.

I believe you wrote this before today's events, don't look now but we are a legit playoff contender. Look at all we've taken care before any FA, #1 pick, and the rest of the draft.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
adamq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:

That is incorrect.

Delanoe would be a great player if he could catch the damn ball, but it seems more often than not it just bounces right out of his hands. Walker is a solid all around player, but his hands are bad enough to keep him from being a #1 TE.

Goldson would be a very nice complement to Berry but he wants 8M/yr, which is ridiculous.

Moss is washed up and should be nothing more than a 3rd/4th option at best

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Moss wants to go to a contender, and I see him taking FAR less money to play for one. Honestly NE, Houston are my thoughts on him. The fact remains he can still get open and stretch the field, though certainly not like he used to. Set him up opposite of a guy like AJ, and it could be a pretty wicked combo.

adamq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:

Moss wants to go to a contender, and I see him taking FAR less money to play for one. Honestly NE, Houston are my thoughts on him. The fact remains he can still get open and stretch the field, though certainly not like he used to. Set him up opposite of a guy like AJ, and it could be a pretty wicked combo.

He played fot a contender last year and was completely invisible in the super bowl and majority of the playoffs.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: