Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Apollo's Prospects 2013 Edition (4 more prospects)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jureki said they will look to Chris Ivory in FA as long as his tender is not too high.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
Jureki said they will look to Chris Ivory in FA as long as his tender is not too high.

He's primed for a breakout year IMO. The Saints have a lot of RB depth too. Pierre Thomas, Sproles, and Ingram were all ahead of Ivory on the depth chart. They may not be able to afford the million+ it'll take to bring him back. Or they'll tender them and ship him off to the highest bidder.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph Randle/RB/Oklahoma State*
6’0” 204lbs
NFL Comparison: DeMarco Murray/Cowboys
Projected Round: 2-4
• Best pass blocking RB in the draft- a willing and fearless blocker, recognizes blitzers quickly and will stand his ground and deliver a pop or cut block them
• A good, not great athlete, can break off big runs and won’t get caught from behind by most defenders
• A good north/south, cutting runner, shows very good acceleration out of his cuts
• A balanced runner, doesn’t juke himself out of his shoes, rarely stumbles or slips, doesn’t go down on soft contact
• A tough RB, runs a lot bigger than his size would suggest, will lower his shoulder and pick up a few more yards
• Very patient, allows his blocks to develop but also doesn’t dance behind the line
• Has continued to pack on good weight over the past year, gained 12 pounds from the 192 he was listed at
• Proven to be durable despite his size and running style
• An effective receiver, soft reliable hands, doesn’t turn his eyes upfield until he has full control of the ball
• Extremely productive over last 2 years as a starter- 482 carries, 2633 yards (5.5YPC), 38 TDs, and 61 receptions for 490 yards and 2 TDs

• Lean frame combined with an upright running style makes you wonder how well he’ll hold up in the NFL
• Fumbling issues, had a bad stretch from the end of 2011 to the beginning of 2012 (5 fumbles in 6 games), didn’t have any fumbles in the first 22 games of his college career
• Ran mostly from a shotgun formation with a lot of draws, will have to adjust to other running schemes
• Doesn’t show much variety in terms of moves, open field moves limited to quick cuts, not a big problem though
• Ran through a lot of big holes in OKST’s offense which leads to questions about how good his vision really is

Why I want him on our team: What does Arians require that his running backs do well? Run and protect the QB. He wants 3-down backs and Randle can be exactly that. Randle is a Demarco Murray clone except Randle doesn’t have the extensive injury list that Murray had in college which has hurt him in the NFL as well. Both played in the same college conference in similar spread offenses, have the same lean build, good speed and upright powerful running style, are capable receivers and blockers, but had fumbling issues in college. I think if Randle can muscle up to 215 (which I think he can) his size shouldn’t be an issue. The fact that Randle’s fumbling issues can been pinpointed to one bad stretch tells me he just got into the bad habit of not covering up the football. That is a learned behavior, and as frustrating as our backs have been with fumbling over the past 4-5 years, I always think fumbling issues can be fixed.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randle will go to high for us.

That annoys me.

He will go early 2nd round, once the scouts watch the tape, he is the complete back.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Randle will go to high for us.

That annoys me.

He will go early 2nd round, once the scouts watch the tape, he is the complete back.

You never know. This year's RB class is not top heavy but it has a lot of depth. I expect there is a lot of variation in teams' RB rankings. I think Lacy and Bernard are the top 2 guys but after that it's pretty mixed up. It all depends on the fit of the RB to the team's scheme. He'd be there for us in the 2nd IMO but the highest I would be willing to spend is a 3rd for any RB in this class.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernard is only 5'8 and he aint no Barry Sanders.

Agree there is those 2 and then the rest

Still think Randle goes high, we cannot risk another 2nd rounder on RB, not this year anyway
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write ups. I would LOVE it if Kelece or Thorton would be a Cardinals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a bunch of prospect I wanted to do this year but I can't seem to find the time to do all of them. At the least I'll list some more names/comparisons/draft projection/etc and add more to it if I can find the time. I'll start off with four guys who didn't participate at the combine who could be mid-late round steals.

Kyle Juszczcyk/Harvard/H-Back
6'1" 248lbs
NFL Comparison: James Casey/Eagles and Delanie Walker/Titans
Projected Round: 6-7

Why I want him on our team: Last name is pronounced "USE-check." Without knowing exactly what kind of TE Arians would look for to compliment Housler, I want to give Juszczcyk some attention. He was a very productive receiver for Harvard and was basically a swiss-army knife type of player. He would line up as a FB, H-Back, inline TE, and at slot WR. He also has good athleticism to be a match up nightmare. He's a 4.7-4.75 guy and had 24 reps on the bench. He also showed surprising explosiveness (37" vertical and a 10' 1" broad jump) and agility and acceleration at his pro day (4.19 short shuttle and a 6.93 three cone drill). He's a savvy route runner, gets off the line quickly and shows reliable hands in traffic. He's also a very tough player and has the effort and pop to be a great blocker. In short, I think he can basically bring what Sherman brings to our team but he's also a well developed receiver with a lot of versatility. I think he has the skill set to be a good ST player as well. The problem with Juszczcyk is that he played weak competition. But I watched his Senior Bowl tape and he definitely held his own as a blocker. Unfortunately, he was lined up at FB the whole time.

Uzoma Nwachukwu/Texas A&M/WR
6'0" 194lbs
NFL Comparison: Pierre Garcon/Redskins and Devery Henderson/Saints

Why I want him on our team: Name pronounced "U-Zo-ma" "WA-CHA-KU." He began his college career with a great freshman season, catching 40 passes for 708 yards (17.7 avg) and 6 TDs. Nwachukwu has failed to top those numbers though in his remaining college years. Part of this has to do with competing with other highly talented guys (Ryan Swope, Jeff Fuller, Mike Evans, etc) and the rest is because he is a very raw receiver. He struggles to disengage from press coverage and his hands are inconsistent and you have to question his inconsistent production since he has played with talented QBs (Jerrod Johnson, Tannehill, and Manziel). With that said, Arians is a guy that likes to throw deep and Nwachukwu is an explosive athlete. He's a 4.4-4.45 guy who has great explosiveness (39.5 vertical and 10'10" broad jump) and all around athleticism (25 reps, 4.21 shuttle, 6.77 cone, 11.28 long shuttle). Despite being raw, he's a solid route runner, an effective blocker, and also has the skill set to contribute on ST. I think Nwachukwu has the potential to be a solid #4 receiver who would give our receiver core a speed boost and a guy who can stretch the defense with the fly route.

Quanterus Smith/Western Kentucky/OLB
6'4" 253lbs
NFL Comparison: Cameron Wake/Dolphins
Projected Round: 3-4

Why I want him on our team: Smith exploded onto the scene in 2012 racking up 12.5 sacks (despite missing 4 games) at a rate of 1.25 per game before tearing his ACL late in the year. Because the injury occurred late in the year, it begs the question of whether Smith will even be able to contribute in 2013. Even if he could, he has flaws. He’s a small school guy who doesn’t seal the edge vs the run very well. Despite all that, Smith (barring injury) is a serious pass rushing talent. He has the ability to take over games. In 2012, he racked up 3 sacks against Alabama, 3.5 against Arkansas State, and 5 against Florida International. At times, he is virtually unblockable. He has good size and length to play OLB and has the burst and flexibility to run an arc to the QB. His closing speed is very good and he wraps up the QB well. He has a great speed rush and utilizes a very good arm-over swim move. He’s a high motor player who has improved greatly over his college career.

Lerentee McCray/Florida/OLB
6'2" 250lbs
NFL Comparison: Antwan Barnes/Jets

Why I want him on our team: McCray was never really productive over his Florida career, partly due to injuries, but I’ve seen flashes of what he could be in 2012. He played very well against Luke Joeckel and Jake Mathews in the Texas A&M game this year. It was the only time I actually remember seeing Joeckel struggle in 2012. I think his athletic skill set and high motor could translate to the NFL. He is recovering from an injury so he couldn’t workout yet but he looks like a 4.65-4.7 guy who is flexible enough to bend around the corner. He also does well to convert speed to power and has very powerful hands which Joeckel struggled with. He also physical and tough and even if he’s not a starter down the road, I think he’d be good value late in the day that will bring it every practice. The downside to McCray is that he plays with poor technique and doesn’t have much in terms of pass rush moves. He seems like a guy that plays with speed and power but that is it. Basically what I see in McCray is a guy with good physical tools that has his head on right and plays hard which should help our coaches develop him easier. In the mean time, I think he could be a ST asset.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good write ups as usual, well done

Hadn't heard of the first guy till the other day, cannot see us taking him as he is really a FB who can catch, but Arians prove me wrong.

Do like Smith the more i read about him and watch tape, maybe another OBS ? Can we afford to wait for him to heal?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of Kyle. I think he would be a awesome addition. At Harvard he would just run over guys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Big fan of Kyle. I think he would be a awesome addition. At Harvard he would just run over guys

BA doesnt use the FB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

BA doesnt use the FB

I know that but he played TE in college, he is small but versatile. I would gladly put a 7th round pick on him

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

BA doesnt use the FB

I know that but he played TE in college, he is small but versatile. I would gladly put a 7th round pick on him

He definitely isn't a FB. He's the definition of an H-Back. He can play all over the formation. He's a good blocker but his receiving and movement skills are just as good IMO.

Keep in mind though I said I'm not sure what kind of TE Arians would want as a compliment to Housler so Juszczcyk might not be a good fit for our offense anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: