Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blackhawk Talk - Kane and Toews sign 8-year deals!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19220
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 1m
The #Blackhawks have acquired defensemen David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois from Phoenix for a second-round pick: http://bit.ly/1cA4ul0


I bet Leddy is on his way out
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10972
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 1m
The #Blackhawks have acquired defensemen David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois from Phoenix for a second-round pick: http://bit.ly/1cA4ul0


I bet Leddy is on his way out

Nah. Both of these guys are Rockford guys right now. Leddy is an ascending player. If anything maybe Brookbank goes. He adds nothing.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19220
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 1m
The #Blackhawks have acquired defensemen David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois from Phoenix for a second-round pick: http://bit.ly/1cA4ul0


I bet Leddy is on his way out

Nah. Both of these guys are Rockford guys right now. Leddy is an ascending player. If anything maybe Brookbank goes. He adds nothing.


Rundblad isnt going to Rockford...he is with the Hawks. Brisebois is going to Rockford. Brookbank,Oduya,Rozsival and Leddy are all possibilities. Depends on the deal they get dealt in.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10972
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 1m
The #Blackhawks have acquired defensemen David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois from Phoenix for a second-round pick: http://bit.ly/1cA4ul0


I bet Leddy is on his way out

Nah. Both of these guys are Rockford guys right now. Leddy is an ascending player. If anything maybe Brookbank goes. He adds nothing.


Rundblad isnt going to Rockford...he is with the Hawks. Brisebois is going to Rockford. Brookbank,Oduya,Rozsival and Leddy are all possibilities. Depends on the deal they get dealt in.

Kostka was with the Hawks all year and hardly played. They have a roster spot to fill for now with Hossa out. For some reason Q has wanted to carry 2 extra defensemen this year in lieu of an extra forward for some reason. Not sure I understand that.

Anyway, Leddy is a big part of our PP so he's not going anywhere IMO. Rundblad isn't better than Oduya either, and Roszival is one of our top PK guys. If I recall correctly Roszival and Brookbank are both FA after the year, and I suspect this move is more about that than anything of immediate use outside of injury.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19220
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 1m
The #Blackhawks have acquired defensemen David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois from Phoenix for a second-round pick: http://bit.ly/1cA4ul0


I bet Leddy is on his way out

Nah. Both of these guys are Rockford guys right now. Leddy is an ascending player. If anything maybe Brookbank goes. He adds nothing.


Rundblad isnt going to Rockford...he is with the Hawks. Brisebois is going to Rockford. Brookbank,Oduya,Rozsival and Leddy are all possibilities. Depends on the deal they get dealt in.

Kostka was with the Hawks all year and hardly played. They have a roster spot to fill for now with Hossa out. For some reason Q has wanted to carry 2 extra defensemen this year in lieu of an extra forward for some reason. Not sure I understand that.

Anyway, Leddy is a big part of our PP so he's not going anywhere IMO. Rundblad isn't better than Oduya either, and Roszival is one of our top PK guys. If I recall correctly Roszival and Brookbank are both FA after the year, and I suspect this move is more about that than anything of immediate use outside of injury.


They didnt trade a 2nd round pick for him to sit. He needs playing time to develop. Theoretically they could use Leddy in a Kessler trade. Bowman already indicated they arent keeping all of them.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1156
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hawks have traded 3 prospects recently. (hayes, olsen, pirri). This is a move to restock their prospect pool. thats what makes the organization so good recently, is our ability to lose talent and replace it with younger talent (coincidentally the biggest issue with the cubs)
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Jared Allen | TKL: 24 |Sacks: 1.5 | TFL: 2 | FR | FF: 1 | PD: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7135
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Kostka was with the Hawks all year and hardly played.

Kostka was dealing with some sort of injury, if I'm not mistaken. I remember hearing very little coverage of it.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16705
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4680769/teravainen-expected-to-join-blackhawks

If you don't want to read the whole article:

Teuvo could/will likely join the Blackhawks roster as soon as his season finishes in Finland. His team is currently a 7-seed in the Liiga playoffs, meaning his season there could end as soon as March 16 or as late as April 26.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jspiel24


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 6832
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teuvo bout to eat
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10972
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4680769/teravainen-expected-to-join-blackhawks

If you don't want to read the whole article:

Teuvo could/will likely join the Blackhawks roster as soon as his season finishes in Finland. His team is currently a 7-seed in the Liiga playoffs, meaning his season there could end as soon as March 16 or as late as April 26.

Top tier talent at a rookie salary for the next few years? The Rich get richer, and I ain't complaining.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chitownstar


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 340
Location: Naples Florida
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saad - Toews - Kane

Hossa - Tuevo - Sharp

Awesome!
_________________
Bear Down

Willie Young - Adopt a Bear

#TurnUp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16705
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm pumped for this kid. I really hope he lives up to expectations. Don't want to put unfair expectations on him, though.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10972
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Yeah I'm pumped for this kid. I really hope he lives up to expectations. Don't want to put unfair expectations on him, though.

He looked fully legit in his debut tonight. I can't wait to see him play with Kane and [insert LW here].
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19220
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Yeah I'm pumped for this kid. I really hope he lives up to expectations. Don't want to put unfair expectations on him, though.

He looked fully legit in his debut tonight. I can't wait to see him play with Kane and [insert LW here].


His vision on the ice is pretty incredible
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1156
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Yeah I'm pumped for this kid. I really hope he lives up to expectations. Don't want to put unfair expectations on him, though.

He looked fully legit in his debut tonight. I can't wait to see him play with Kane and [insert LW here].


I agree, it would have been better to see him on the ice with Kaner. Dude was a steal at 18 in '12, lots of people thought he would go top 3. He's been compared to Kane mostly as well.

Correct me if i'm wrong as well, but im pretty sure Tuevo is a LW?
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Jared Allen | TKL: 24 |Sacks: 1.5 | TFL: 2 | FR | FF: 1 | PD: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 35 of 44

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group