Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blackhawk Talk - Kane and Toews sign 8-year deals!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Bickell has been unbelievable. He ties it up with a goal in the first - 1-1.

Anyone know what our cap situation is looking like this offseason? What are the chances that guys like Bickell and Stalberg return?

Pretty unlikely IMO - the cap is going down $6M next year, and Toews, Kane and Crawford are all up (and probably due raises) after 2014.

Stalberg is gone at this point, Bickell they can probably re-sign if he doesn't want a lot of money which might be hard after this post season.

You never know. There are still a few cookies left in this league with the mindset of, "Eh, I want to win Cups."

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^

Are you talking about Stalberg or Bickell, if Bickell then yes I agree but Stalberg is gone after the season and I thinks Coach Q has basically said that with how he has used him this post season.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Bickell has been unbelievable. He ties it up with a goal in the first - 1-1.

Anyone know what our cap situation is looking like this offseason? What are the chances that guys like Bickell and Stalberg return?

Pretty unlikely IMO - the cap is going down $6M next year, and Toews, Kane and Crawford are all up (and probably due raises) after 2014.

Stalberg is gone at this point, Bickell they can probably re-sign if he doesn't want a lot of money which might be hard after this post season.

You never know. There are still a few cookies left in this league with the mindset of, "Eh, I want to win Cups."

He will probably get his 3 mil and long term contract. Someone is going to need to be traded in order for us to keep him.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
He will probably get his 3 mil and long term contract. Someone is going to need to be traded in order for us to keep him.

It's going to come down to one of either two scenarios: Bickell gets paid and Stalberg walks because the Hawks don't have anybody like Bickell in the system besides maybe Kyle Beach, or Bickell gets a payday elsewhere and Stalberg returns for decent price.

Looking at the numbers right now, the Hawks will have just over $2mil in cap space next year. A big problem is that they have $11,908,333 tied up in Bolland, Frolik, Montador, Brookbank, and Olesz for next season. That's a lot of cash for five guys who play on the bottom lines or in Rockford.

2013-14 UFAs: Handzus, Stalberg, Mayers, Bickell, Rozsival, Emery
2013-14 RFAs: Leddy, Kruger

From that list, Mayers, Emery, and Rozsival are as good as gone. Bickell and Handzus have really proven their value this postseason as bottom-six forwards who are tearing it up on the second line. I'm indifferent about Stalberg.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

It's going to come down to one of either two scenarios: Bickell gets paid and Stalberg walks because the Hawks don't have anybody like Bickell in the system besides maybe Kyle Beach, or Bickell gets a payday elsewhere and Stalberg returns for decent price.

Looking at the numbers right now, the Hawks will have just over $2mil in cap space next year. A big problem is that they have $11,908,333 tied up in Bolland, Frolik, Montador, Brookbank, and Olesz for next season. That's a lot of cash for five guys who play on the bottom lines or in Rockford.

From that list, Mayers, Emery, and Rozsival are as good as gone. Bickell and Handzus have really proven their value this postseason as bottom-six forwards who are tearing it up on the second line. I'm indifferent about Stalberg.

I think after what we saw last night, Brookbank is as good as gone.

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Brookbank is basically the blue line equivalent of Brandon Bollig. They're both solely "tough guys," but they're not even great at that. No question they could do better; I'm just saying Brookbank is more likely to be a bottom-two defenseman next season than the Hawks are to re-sign Rozsival.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Brookbank is basically the blue line equivalent of Brandon Bollig. They're both solely "tough guys," but they're not even great at that. No question they could do better; I'm just saying Brookbank is more likely to be a bottom-two defenseman next season than the Hawks are to re-sign Rozsival.

Given the cap tightening next year I would be very surprised if a few of the Rockford guys like Dylan Olsen, Jimmy Hayes and/or Jeremy Morin aren't on the big club next year.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Given the cap tightening next year I would be very surprised if a few of the Rockford guys like Dylan Olsen, Jimmy Hayes and/or Jeremy Morin aren't on the big club next year.

A few more guys to add to the list: Ben Smith and Ryan Stanton are in the press box with Brookbank for the playoffs. In fact, if Stalberg departs Smith might be the first in-system guy to get a shot at moving up.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

A few more guys to add to the list: Ben Smith and Ryan Stanton are in the press box with Brookbank for the playoffs. In fact, if Stalberg departs Smith might be the first in-system guy to get a shot at moving up.

He or Morin I would think. I think either Hayes or Leblanc (who inforgot to mention before) get the first crack to fill the Bickell role.

BTW - shorthanded goal up 2-0??? Seriously???

One more period boys - get it done!!

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q needs to call a timeout now

MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double ot lets go Hawks!
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kane could score the game winner. He is on now.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

called it. HAWKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KANNNNEEEEEEE!!! HAT TRICK!!!

BearsFanForever

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I not say it would be over in 5???

Ya, terrific game, I woke up my whole family when kane score in double OT.
Now the bruins I think will be a pretty tuff team. I could see that series going 6-7 games.. Looking forward to a great matchup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 18 of 44

Jump to: