Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blackhawk Talk - Kane and Toews sign 8-year deals!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They played a great game against my Kings tonight and probably should have won.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 58 Yards- 660 TDs- 8 Tgts- 102
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird with Crawford - he made 31 saves, which is awesome, but also let in 5, which sucks. He's had a great year, 1000x better than last year, hopefully he can get back on track as well.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Bollig got some nice shots in during that fight. That left hook was niiiice. Cool

AZBearsFan wrote:

SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good fight. Our goalie situation has been awful this season. Quick doesn't seem like himself yet after his surgery.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 58 Yards- 660 TDs- 8 Tgts- 102
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
That was a good fight. Our goalie situation has been awful this season. Quick doesn't seem like himself yet after his surgery.

Yeah goalies are so unpredictable from year-to-year. Tim Thomas, Ryan Miller, Jon Quick, and even Crawford off the top of my head were either mediocre/good one year and went to bad/great the next, or vice versa.

AZBearsFan wrote:

CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawks win 2-0 over Calgary. Leddy and Seabs each tally a goal with Kaner getting 2 assists. Emery is now 12-0 I believe.

And I said the fight last night was really good, here's a great picture of it:

[img][/img]http://ph.cdn.photos.upi.com/view/upi/0118b055c44aff56a3eb5180c3176bb9/Los-Angeles-Kings-vs-Chicago-Blackhawks.jpg[img][/img]

AZBearsFan wrote:

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great win....Iginla trade rumors swirling. I would love to have him as long as we dont give up Saad.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
It was a great win....Iginla trade rumors swirling. I would love to have him as long as we dont give up Saad.

Quote:
According to multiple reports, it is believed that Flames general manager Jay Feaster is requiring a first-round draft selection, a top prospect and a secondary prospect in exchange for Iginla. While many believe there is enough gas left in the 35-year-old's tank to be an impact player during a playoff run, there is question whether it's worth a ransom so high.

Besides Iginla's age, the reality of the situation is that he will become an unrestricted free agent at the conclusion of the season. Is it wise to mortgage the future to such an extreme in order to make a solitary push for the Cup?

It's not going to happen.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/3/26/4148410/jarome-iginla-trade-rumors-nhl-deadline-2013
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Quote:
According to multiple reports, it is believed that Flames general manager Jay Feaster is requiring a first-round draft selection, a top prospect and a secondary prospect in exchange for Iginla. While many believe there is enough gas left in the 35-year-old's tank to be an impact player during a playoff run, there is question whether it's worth a ransom so high.

Besides Iginla's age, the reality of the situation is that he will become an unrestricted free agent at the conclusion of the season. Is it wise to mortgage the future to such an extreme in order to make a solitary push for the Cup?

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/3/26/4148410/jarome-iginla-trade-rumors-nhl-deadline-2013

Dont say that because the Blackhawks are still in the mix for him.

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Quote:

We would be dumb to give up that much for a guy we likely won't even resign.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Quote:

I think he has even voiced that he doesnt want to be a rental. Pretty clear that if you trade that much for him your going to resign him.

CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Quote:

I think he has even voiced that he doesnt want to be a rental. Pretty clear that if you trade that much for him your going to resign him.

Yeah no team would give that kind of haul for a 35-year old without having a confirmation that he'll sign an extension.

AZBearsFan wrote:

mikee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Quote:

Yeah no team would give that kind of haul for a 35-year old without having a confirmation that he'll sign an extension.

Iginla doesn't fit on the Hawks all that well. The Hawks are loaded at RW (Hossa,Kane,Stalberg,Frolik). They need a C, preferably one that can win faceoffs. And I just can't see Iginla wanted to move to LW at this point in his career.

If the Hawks make any moves, I can guarantee that Saad will not be involved. The front office loves him. And he is already a key contributor on their top line. No team makes itself better by trading a top line player.

The Hawks are looking to add, not subtract. The only current roster players that might get moved would be Kruger, Bickell (FA in offseason) or Hayes. They might be willing to include one or two of those guys in a package for a second line C. But the options there are limited. My guess is they make a smaller move in trading a prospect and/or draft pick for a 4th line center that can win faceoffs.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee wrote:

Iginla doesn't fit on the Hawks all that well. The Hawks are loaded at RW (Hossa,Kane,Stalberg,Frolik). They need a C, preferably one that can win faceoffs. And I just can't see Iginla wanted to move to LW at this point in his career.

If the Hawks make any moves, I can guarantee that Saad will not be involved. The front office loves him. And he is already a key contributor on their top line. No team makes itself better by trading a top line player.

The Hawks are looking to add, not subtract. The only current roster players that might get moved would be Kruger, Bickell (FA in offseason) or Hayes. They might be willing to include one or two of those guys in a package for a second line C. But the options there are limited. My guess is they make a smaller move in trading a prospect and/or draft pick for a 4th line center that can win faceoffs.

Fair points...he isnt playing tonight btw

IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Quote:

Center has been an issue ever since the Cup win.

The asking price for Iginla is way too much given his age and contract situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 9 of 44

Jump to: