Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Numbers' Post Combine Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Numbers' Post Combine Mock Reply with quote

Arrow Remaining Cuts
QB Trent Edwards ($715,000)

Doesn't fit Kelly's system, so he's cut.

CB Nnamdi Asomugha ($11,300,000 Saved)

Huge disappointment with huge cap hit and over 30.

Cap Room : $45,573,384

Arrow Re-Signed
Safety // Colt Anderson : 3 Year Contract : $980,000 in year one

One of our key special teams players and a solid depth safety, Anderson is brought back on a multi-year deal because his play deserves it.

Long Snapper // Jon Dorenbos : 2 Year Contract : $980,000 in year one

Dorenbos is another key special teamer who is one of the best long snappers in football. He also makes plays down the field on punt and kick coverage as well.

Arrow Free Agency
Cornerback // Sean Smith // Miami Dolphins : 5 Year Contract : $7,000,000 in year one

Smith is brought in to be the left cornerback, and will be used as a press corner much like he was in Miami. Smith is a corner who will talk and get on an opposing receivers nerves, has the length to press, and has the size, speed, and fluidity to run downfield with receivers downfield. He's got good ball skills as well and is a guy who is getting better and better and has just as much upside as any corner in the NFL, at just 26 next year.

0 Technique // Steve McLendon // Pittsburgh Steelers : 4 Year Contract : $3,500,000 in year one

McClendon is scheduled to be a restricted free agent, but with Pittsburgh in cap hell they may be forced to let him walk, potentially uncontested without assigning a tender to him. McClendon is a strong run stuffer with athletic ability to penetrate along the interior enough to keep defenses honest, and will come in immediately and be the run stuffer we have lacked since trading Brodrick Bunkley, and he starts the re-build of the front 7.

5 Technique // Sammie Lee Hill // Detroit Lions : 4 Year Contract : $3,500,000 in year one

The new 5 technique, playing the Red Bryant role in our defense, Sammie Lee Hill is an athletic big man who can stuff the run, and had some production as a pass rusher when he's gotten on the field for the Lions behind a deep defensive tackle corps. He comes in and becomes the 5 technique and gives us a guy with talent and room to grow when given the start.

Free Safety // Glover Quin // Houston Texans : 5 Year Contract : $5,000,000 in year one

Quin is a name you don't hear much around the NFL, but make no mistake, he can ball. With 14 passes defended and 2 interceptions he has solid ball skills, and he has very good range to close on the football. Its no coincidence that since being inserted into the lineup as the starting free safety, Houston's pass defense has greatly improved. Quin takes the money and follows DeMeco Ryans to Philadelphia.

Tight End // Travus Beckum // New York Giants : 2 Year Deal : $1,000,000 in year one

It has been reported Kelly wants to add multiple tight ends, specifically guys who can be H-backs as well as slot guys to stretch the field, and when healthy, Beckum can do that, so Kelly decides to give him a shot here in Philly to find his way.

Remaining Cap Space : $23,618,384

Arrow Trade
The Philadelphia Eagles Trade QB Nick Foles to the New York Jets for a 2013 4th Round Pick (106) and a 2014 Conditional Pick (could be as high as a 2nd, no later than a 4th)

The Eagles decide Foles doesn't fit the new offense and the Jets needing an inexpensive QB due to the idiotic extension given to Sanchez last year and having Marty Morhenwheg decide to pull the trigger on a deal that sends them a young QB who knows the offense and could be the answer. It gives the Eagles an extra pick in 2014 as well as a 4th round selection this year.

Arrow Draft

With the 4th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Linebacker, Dion Jordan, Oregon

Dion Jordan might have the most upside in this class. As a pass rusher he has an explosive first step and you can see development with his pass rushing moves. Against the run he understands how to use his length to shed blocks and can chase down a play from the backside, and in coverage he might be the best linebacker in this class. Jordan probably has to gain 10 or so pounds in order to be a full time player, but he's shown he can add weight, gaining 22 pounds since the end of the season with a bum shoulder, so its not inconceivable to think he can't gain that in camp with an NFL weight and nutrition program. Even if he can't play right away he adds value as a nickel SAM backer who can rush the passer or play in coverage and eventually add strength to be a full time player. Jordan could be an elite player for this defense and in the NFL. He has special upside, and in a defense that will use him as the SAM and take advantage of his skill set and turn him into a big time defensive playmaker in the NFL.

With the 35th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Offensive Tackle, Menelik Watson, Florida State

Watson's development has been a rapid and impressive process over the past year in which he has turned into one of the better tackles in this draft class. Blessed with size, feet, and athletic ability, Watson is a guy with all the tools and coachable attitude to be a stud in the NFL. He's got a really nasty demeanor on the field, and has the elite skillet to match. While he didn't test as well as I would have liked, the film speaks for itself, and it says while he's raw, he's a natural athlete at tackle who wants to knock someone's head off. One play against Miami sticks out to me, he put 2 guys on the ground in the running game with violent blocks. He comes in to learn from Stoutland, but I think he could start at RT immediately, and be groomed into Peters replacement in 2 years. He's got special talent, and has improved leaps and bounds and if he continues to improve at that pace he's got Jason Peters like ability and doesn't have much wear and tear on his body.

With the 67th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Cornerback, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Connecticut

The defense being brought in relies on big, aggressive, and physical press corners on the outside, and with the additions of Sean Smith and now Wreh-Wilson we add that. Blessed with long arms and athletic ability, Wreh-Wilson not only has the physical tools to be a very good NFL corner, but also has the football IQ, as UConn coaches reportedly gave Blidi the option of playing press or off man on the play call. He is a corner who competes, doesn't get thrown at too much, and had his best game of the season against Teddy Bridgewater, who had a nightmare any time he threw the football near Wreh-Wilson including an interception in the endzone that led to Connecticut win. Wreh-Wilson is a talented player who I think could be an immediate starter, and a long term guy as well.

The Philadelphia Eagles Trade the #101 and #106 selections and S Kurt Coleman to the Pittsburgh Steelers in exchange for the #78 Overall Pick

With the 78th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Safety, Duke Williams, Nevada

Every single time I see the Duke of Hazard play I get reminded of T.J. Ward. While he lacks the interception numbers, his play against the run and in coverage is very strong. He's an intimidator over the middle capable of jarring the ball loose. He flies to the football and is a good wrap up tackler, and has a high football IQ. He's capable of covering receivers and tight ends as well, and while he can get too physical which will lead to flags in the NFL, its something he can get over with good coaching. Because of the strong safety class Williams falls through the cracks, but thank goodness he does, as he's going to be a good one in the NFL. Williams will give us the physical play we've lacked in the secondary the past few seasons.

With the 138th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Quarterback, Matt Scott, Arizona

Matt Scott comes in to compete with Dennis Dixon to be the primary backup in Chip Kelly's option spread offense, and he has a lot of skills that could parlay into a long NFL career, potentially as a starter. He's got 4.6 speed, a strong arm, and shows he can throw with accuracy at times, and is roughly 6'2 and shows toughness in and out of the pocket. While we aren't banking on him being the long term starter (that will be in 2014 where several potential spread option quarterbacks available), he is brought in as a project and long term backup for Chip Kelly and if we are really bad, he may get a few starts late in the year.

With the 197th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Wide Receiver, Mark Harrison, Rutgers

Mark Harrison has all the physical tools. 6 foot 3, 231 pounds, with big hands, a long arms to pluck the ball at its highest point. He's also got 4.4 speed, a 38.5 inch vertical, 129 inch broad jump, and a 6.99 3 cone drill, showing good feet and change of direction skills for his size. He uses his big body well in blocking situations, which make him a great fit for Chip Kelly's offense, as well as to shield defenders from the football, and shows a ton of flashes. That said he's got inconsistent hands catching the football, allowing the football to get into his body a lot, and is raw as a route runner at this time. That said, he has been working with Brandon Marshall, and has that kind of upside long term.

With the 210th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Cornerback, Demetrius McCray, Appalachian State

A high upside long corner McCray needs to get physically stronger, like a lot stronger. He only benched 225 4 times and is only 187 pounds at 6 foot one. Although the 4 reps is partly explained by his nearly 34 inch arms, he clearly needs to get physically stronger to play against NFL receivers. That said he had a solid combine and has upside, so is taken as a long term prospect to develop and play special teams. His level of competition is another question mark, but McCray certainly has untapped potential.

With the 212th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select….Defensive End, Abry Jones, Georgia

Jones is an enigma, while he has talent and upside, he is inconsistent. He looked much better 2 seasons ago than last season, and while injuries had something to do with it, he played stiffer and with inconsistent leverage. That said, he has the length, athletic ability, strength, and overall football skills when healthy to at least be a versatile backup along the defensive line.

With the 239th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select….Linebacker, Brandon Hepburn, Florida A&M

Hepburn impressed me at the combine, running a 4.6, with an impressive broad jump and 21 reps on the bench. With long arms and athletic ability he could be a long term backup on the outside, and while I can't say what he does well and doesn't do well because I didn't watch Florida A&M much, at worst he's a 7th round pick with upside athletically who could be good on special teams.

Arrow UDFA
Tight End, Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State

Stoneburner is another athletic tight end to mix in, and its been reported that Kelly wants to stock up on athletic tight ends. The risk with Stoneburner is he too has off-field issues, but the risk is far outweighed by the reward as an undrafted player.

Center, Dalton Freeman, Clemson

Freeman is another athletic offensive lineman who comes in as the backup to Kelce, and hopefully develops into the long term backup. He fits the athletic mold Kelly wants from his lineman.

Quarterback : Michael Vick // Dennis Dixon // Matt Scott
Running Back : LeSean McCoy // Bryce Brown // Dion Lewis // Chris Polk
Tight End : Brent Celek // Travis Beckum // Clay Harbor // Jake Stoneburner
Wide Receiver : DeSean Jackson // Jeremy Maclin // Jason Avant // Riley Cooper // Mark Harrison // Damaris Johnson
Left Tackle : Jason Peters
Left Guard : Evan Mathis // Nate Menkin
Center : Jason Kelce // Dalton Freeman
Right Guard : Todd Herremans // Danny Watkins
Right Tackle : Menelik Watson // Dennis Kelly

Strong-Side Linebacker : Dion Jordan // Jamar Chaney
5 Technique : Sammie Lee Hill // Abry Jones
Middle Linebacker : DeMeco Ryans // Casey Matthews
0 Technique : Steve McClendon // Antonio Dixon
Weak-Side Linebacker : Mychal Kendricks // Brandon Hepburn
3 Technique : Fletcher Cox // Cedric Thorton
Predator : Trent Cole // Brandon Graham // Vinny Curry
Left Cornerback : Sean Smith // Brandon Boykin // Demetrius McCray
Strong Safety : Duke Williams // Colt Anderson
Free Safety : Glover Quin // Nate Allen
Right Cornerback : Blidi Wreh-Wilson // Curtis Marsh

Kicker : Alex Henery
Punter : Mat McBriar
Long Snapper : Jon Dorenbos

Last edited by EaglesFan5-36-81 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, only thing I'd say is I think we'd get more for Foles.....like with the Chiefs...the Jets know what they are getting in Foles because of Marty...leverage would be in our favor. Plus if the Alex Smith trade tells us anything it's that this years class really isn't a good one. So at least a 3rd this year.

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
I like it, only thing I'd say is I think we'd get more for Foles.....like with the Chiefs...the Jets know what they are getting in Foles because of Marty...leverage would be in our favor. Plus if the Alex Smith trade tells us anything it's that this years class really isn't a good one. So at least a 3rd this year.

The reason I did the midrounder this year and a potential 2nd or 3rd next year is to give us ammo to get our QBOTF next year when Bridgewater, Mariota, Boyd, Thomas, and others eligible to come out.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

The reason I did the midrounder this year and a potential 2nd or 3rd next year is to give us ammo to get our QBOTF next year when Bridgewater, Mariota, Boyd, Thomas, and others eligible to come out.

I meant to say it like a 3rd this year and that conditional. Jets know Sanchez sucks, Marty knows what he has in Foles....so if he's trying to trade for him the Eagles are in a pretty good seat of power and would get a pretty good return on him.

I don't think it'll happen because I expect that the price on him is much higher or Nick simply isn't available., or else why else would Andy give all that in a trade for Alex Smith?

Eagles Forum Hall of Famer | 2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Reigning & Final? ENBD Champion
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

I meant to say it like a 3rd this year and that conditional. Jets know Sanchez sucks, Marty knows what he has in Foles....so if he's trying to trade for him the Eagles are in a pretty good seat of power and would get a pretty good return on him.

I don't think it'll happen because I expect that the price on him is much higher or Nick simply isn't available., or else why else would Andy give all that in a trade for Alex Smith?

Rookie head coach overplaying his hand perhaps? Either way, as much promise as Foles showed and as much of a mistake I think it was for Reid to trade for Smith and my doubts it will work, Smith has proven more than Foles in the NFL the past 2 seasons.
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your draft.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Rookie head coach overplaying his hand perhaps? Either way, as much promise as Foles showed and as much of a mistake I think it was for Reid to trade for Smith and my doubts it will work, Smith has proven more than Foles in the NFL the past 2 seasons.

Well I assume Howie would be handling it, I can't disagree about Smith....but a super high second and potentially another one next year for a guy who's almost 30 and never been particularly good when called on to pass it the majority of the time.....makes me wonder what Foles price is.

End of the day I don't think we trade him...at Oregon it seemed like it was more of the job of the QB just to get the ball out of his hands and into those of his playmakers...Foles can do that.

babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thought out and pretty much on point without any glaring deficiencies.
I could see it happening like this.

I would like to see Zach Sudfeld in there somewhere, though.
But, I can't complain.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of it. But I doubt we get both Mclendon and Dickson, both RFA.

McLendon or whatever the name would be a 1 tech, not 0 tech as you wrote.

I think like Sammie Lee Hill, except I would prefer him on the inside, since I'd prefer a 5 tech that could push the pocket, hopefully thornton is that.

But overall I like it, alot.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Kempes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. One of, if not my favourite I've seen.

- FA is solid. Smith and Quin are affordable instant upgrades
- Dion Jordan is the guy I want at #4
- Rest of draft is nice
- Although I like Foles, the trade is beneficial for us long term
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic and well thought out mock. love the first 4 picks especially. Think Watson Wilson and Williams are realistic there and great values at those picks. only thng is am i missing where DRC is or went in this mock tho cause i cant find it..

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I like most of it. But I doubt we get both Mclendon and Dickson, both RFA.

McLendon or whatever the name would be a 1 tech, not 0 tech as you wrote.

I think like Sammie Lee Hill, except I would prefer him on the inside, since I'd prefer a 5 tech that could push the pocket, hopefully thornton is that.

But overall I like it, alot.

Couldv'e sworn Dickson was unrestricted, I'll edit it soon.

As far as McLendon, he'd actually play both, but if you watch the defense in Arizona as well as the similar defenses around the NFL (Seattle) the nose tackle lines up over the center a lot, making him a 0 technique.

Lee Hill can push the pocket actually, dude is a very good player stuck in a stacked DT corps in Detroit.

Bednarik60 wrote:
Realistic and well thought out mock. love the first 4 picks especially. Think Watson Wilson and Williams are realistic there and great values at those picks. only thng is am i missing where DRC is or went in this mock tho cause i cant find it..

Somewhere else, dude makes Maclin look physical.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as DRC is gone i am stoked Cool ... Wilson and Sean Smith FTW

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
willy_law

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, I really like the pick of Matt Scott. He is a guy that Kelly has coached against and knows how to game plan against and also fits into Kellys role on offense. Its a no risk, high reward pick.

Scott has been slowly creeping up on my draft board.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Dickson was drafted in 2010 with Pitta, and only been in the league 3 years, so I assume he's RFA, if not under contract.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: