You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How the Chiefs can be succesful-Role Play GM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Chiefs9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: How the Chiefs can be succesful-Role Play GM Reply with quote

First, I'lll start off by saying I didn't crunch a lot of numbers, but by the looks of it, I feel the Chiefs could make all of these moves. Now that the Alex Smith trade has come and gone, it is time for us to move on whether we agree or disagree. KC can perhaps field an EXTREMELY competetive team this year with the addition of some key players...

FIRST- Matt Cassel will be traded or cut. I hope he is traded but seems unlikely. Any way you slice it, we will be adding to our CAP space by getting rid of him.
SECOND- Tyson Jackson's contract must be re-structured. Moving his contract away from $14 Million will also add to our CAP space.

With what the Chiefs have on the roster now (under contract), here are the major holes I see...
-CB opposite of B. Flowers
-LT
-WR 1 and WR 2
-ILB
-DE opposite of T. Jackson
-FS
-Punter
-RB to compliment Charles

1. The division as of now goes through Denver (Peyton Manning). Chiefs desperately need to sign a top tier corner opposite of Flowers. I would love to sign Sean Smith (MIA) or a guy like Brent Grimes (ATL) or Keenan Lewis (PIT)
2. It appears Dorsey and Reid do not have much faith in Brandon Albert, whether it's injury concerns or whatever, it doesn't appear we're interested. Expect the Chiefs to trade out of #1 and get a guy like Fischer or Lane Johnson, or stay put and draft Luke Joeckle. Either way it will most likely be solved in the draft.
3. It looks as if Dwayne Bowe will sign a longterm contract or be franchised. As for the second wideout, I look for a guy like Brian Hartline to be a great compliment.
4. I think the Ellerbe will be too expensive if he is available. I then look to Brad Jones from GB or a guy like Nico Johnson, John Bostic, or AJ Klein in the draft to come in and start right away.
5. Chiefs should re-sign RP and continue to pursue Chris Canty. This would solidfy an above average O-Line with Poe and Jackson. Where's Allen Bailey been?
6. Kendrick Lewis is the worst tackling defensive player in the NFL statiscally. He'll need some competition. We already signed Abdoullah (Not sure how to spell his name) or get a guy like S. Thomas from Syracuse in the third round.
7. Easy, Sign/Franchise Colquitt.
8. Chiefs will again be looking for another RB. A guy like Jackie Battle coming back intrigues me with his ability to pound the ball inside.

-We can fill all of these needs being active with a high salary cap. If we do this, it will put our Alex Smith trade at ease for a bit. The Chiefs can be an extremely competitive team next season.

-Thoughts/Additions?
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Good work, clearly put lots of thought into it.

2. I remember last year I was a villain in this forum because I said, I don't think Lewis is starting material. Guess I'm not eating crow on that this off-season.

3. I agree Jackson needs to be extended or cut, I'm hoping for extended because while he isn't a personal fav, he's a good run stuff and came on strong at the end of last year. Plus having to replace BOTH starting DEs puts us more in a bind.

4. Totally agree on RP and Canty, for our D line, which is I'm sure what you meant.

5. I like Grimes and Smith too, I think Grimes should be cheaper. Dunta Robinson still has some time left, but the guy seems to make some real mistakes. DRC is also an option, could be the cheapest of those listed. I don't like taking Milliner, simply because it's a big risk, and CBs normally take some time to develop.

6. I don't know why people are so high on Jones but don't mention Hawk from GB. Either would be a solid pick up.

7. I'm still hopeful on the Albert front, but time will show that one. I think Bowe signs a long term deal, and then we can sign/tag Colquitt or Albert. I would guess if we simply offer Colquitt a going rate deal, he should sign with us.
ChrisSmith1987

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How the Chiefs can be succesful-Role Play GM Reply with quote

1. Cassel gets cut... his Salary is to much for any interested team to pick up.

2. T-Jax needs restructure or cut....... the only reason I want him is cus we invested so much in him.... he is getting better but not worth more then 5mil a year.

CB2 - Draft Dee Milliner #1
ILB found in FA (is AJ Hawk available?)
DE - Not sure im too excited but Canty.... but we need someone.
FS - D. Goldston! not sure if he is more of a SS.... if he is we can slide E.Berry into iether S postion
QB2 - Chase Daniels is available, he has spent time behind D. Brees!
WR- Hartline would come cheap and he is underrated
LT - Albert is my choice
RB2 - Draft Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go check out the cap discussion thread, there's no way we can afford all of these guys, unless you want to cut Berry or Tamba.

If you even want one UFA the quality of Grimes or Sean Smith, that's going to take at a minimum, $6-7MM this year.

Honestly, people need to understand that we can ether keep Albert, and then maybe pick up 1-2 lower level UFA's like Jones/Canty, or let him walk, Afford someone like Grimes/Smith.

The question could come down, just from an apples to apples perspective, would you rather a combo of Joeckel and Grimes/Smith, or Albert and Milliner.

Honestly I'll take the latter, but again that means now real impact UFA's.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis was definitely afraid of contact with his injured shoulder all year. If he can get over that his offseason he'll be back to playing good football. It was NOTICEABLY effecting him when trying to tackle.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Lewis was definitely afraid of contact with his injured shoulder all year. If he can get over that his offseason he'll be back to playing good football. It was NOTICEABLY effecting him when trying to tackle.

I think that's where Al Harris comes in. Teach and show him to be more physical

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
odendin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are cheaper options - people here keep regurgitating the same players like they're the only ones available.

The value isn't going to be found with expensive free agents - we have to look elsewhere.

If Reid and Dorsey are good talent evaluators, I'm sure they'll find that value - in the draft and via free agency.
odendin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With what the Chiefs have on the roster now (under contract), here are the major holes I see...

-CB opposite of B. Flowers
Greg Toler, Darius Butler (FAs)
Draft

-LT
Doug Free if released
Draft

-WR 1 and WR 2
Franchise Bowe and draft two
-ILB
Larry Grant, Moise Fokou (FAs)
Draft

-DE opposite of T. Jackson
Sammie Lee Hill, Vance Walker (FAs)
Draft

-FS
Corey Lynch to SS (FA), move Berry over to FS (he wants to play FS)
-Punter
Resign
-RB to compliment Charles
draft

I'm not thinking big money but if we do go after someone like Jones, Hawk, Moore, Bushrod, resign Albert we'll have to free up some $$$

Cut Cassel, Studebaker
Restructure/extend Tyson, Hali

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: