Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report/Rumor: Chiefs, Bowe a couple million apart on deal.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Report/Rumor: Chiefs, Bowe a couple million apart on deal. Reply with quote

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/03/01/chiefs-bowe-few-million-apart/#more-8957

Quote:
The Kanas City Chiefs and the agent for WR Dwayne Bowe are doing there best to avoid a franchise tag. The problem is, they are $2-$3 million apart in discussions.

Don't know how credible the source is but still...good news.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same site that reported Alex Smith deal done during combine, few days before Glazer confirmed. Great news.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Dorsey, get it done! $2 to $3 million overall isn't a huge divide. Hopefully Dorsey can negotiate contracts better than he can negotiate trades.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Come on Dorsey, get it done! $2 to $3 million overall isn't a huge divide. Hopefully Dorsey can negotiate contracts better than he can negotiate trades.

At first I thought it was 2-3M per year. I almost threw in the towel. Laughing

If he gets Bowe to a good contract it will ease the pain of the last big move. Same boat as you Nic.
Flexx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I like the trade. Unlike some, I am willing to give benifit of doubt. It always gets me how some fans are so quick to complain when things don't go the way THEY think they should. They just started on the job. Relax. Give them some time and a break.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
I like the trade. Unlike some, I am willing to give benifit of doubt. It always gets me how some fans are so quick to complain when things don't go the way THEY think they should. They just started on the job. Relax. Give them some time and a break.

I like the acquisition of Smith. He is a huge upgrade over Matt Cassel. My issue is the compensation - that is it. Dorsey jumped into the pool a little too quickly IMO and we didn't even wait until we got closer to March 12th. Make the 49ers start to think of the reality of having a backup QB on the roster for over $9 million in each of the next two years. They couldn't afford to keep Smith based on his salary and more importantly the lockerroom NEEDS to become Kaepernick's lockerroom. Baalke and Harbaugh know this.

chiefs82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want Bowe/Albert/Colquitt signed long term. If Dorsey can deliver that, I'll forget all about trading what could have been Trufant at #34 Wink

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I like the acquisition of Smith. He is a huge upgrade over Matt Cassel. My issue is the compensation - that is it. Dorsey jumped into the pool a little too quickly IMO and we didn't even wait until we got closer to March 12th. Make the 49ers start to think of the reality of having a backup QB on the roster for over $9 million in each of the next two years. They couldn't afford to keep Smith based on his salary and more importantly the lockerroom NEEDS to become Kaepernick's lockerroom. Baalke and Harbaugh know this.

We have no way of knowing what the Raiders/anyone else offered. We clearly WANTED Smith. I just don't get why the compensation for Alex is so bad when he's a better player than the recent QBs traded for 2nds (or more). I didn't like the compensation immediately either, but that's cause we were delusional that we'd get him for a 4th. a 4th for Alex Smith when Kolb got DRC/2nd? That would be INSANE value.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is there is no price tag too big for a QB if that QB works out. If he doesn't work out, you are getting fired anyways even if you traded less to acquire him.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

We have no way of knowing what the Raiders/anyone else offered. We clearly WANTED Smith. I just don't get why the compensation for Alex is so bad when he's a better player than the recent QBs traded for 2nds (or more). I didn't like the compensation immediately either, but that's cause we were delusional that we'd get him for a 4th. a 4th for Alex Smith when Kolb got DRC/2nd? That would be INSANE value.

I never said 4th. I would have been quite ok with our 3rd (which is essentially a low 2nd). You are right, we don't know what Oakland offered - and maybe the Chiefs didn't know either. But again, they would have had some juggling to do if they traded for Smith considering they already have Palmer (they would save $3,660,000 by cutting Palmer), again, let's say that Oakland offered their highest non-1st round pick - that would have been their third round. We could have trumped that with our third. If a team was willing to give up a king's ransom for Smith, then we let them do so. That is all I am saying. None of us know what the inside deals were. All we can do is speculate.

Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I never said 4th. I would have been quite ok with our 3rd (which is essentially a low 2nd). You are right, we don't know what Oakland offered - and maybe the Chiefs didn't know either. But again, they would have had some juggling to do if they traded for Smith considering they already have Palmer (they would save $3,660,000 by cutting Palmer), again, let's say that Oakland offered their highest non-1st round pick - that would have been their third round. We could have trumped that with our third. If a team was willing to give up a king's ransom for Smith, then we let them do so. That is all I am saying. None of us know what the inside deals were. All we can do is speculate.

coulda been Cleveland or Arizona, or maybe Oak offered their 3rd plus a 2nd next year, just because Oakland didn't have 2nd doesn't mean they couldn't beat our 3rd. Remember that SF has tons of picks this year and picks next year likely would have been just fine with them.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

coulda been Cleveland or Arizona, or maybe Oak offered their 3rd plus a 2nd next year, just because Oakland didn't have 2nd doesn't mean they couldn't beat our 3rd. Remember that SF has tons of picks this year and picks next year likely would have been just fine with them.

The way that Oakland would have likely topped our 3rd is by future picks, which is manageable. I definitely am interested in the rumors or reports of what was offered. I hope something shakes out and we get more inside information on what teams were interested, etc. If Arizona was ready to dump Kolb then they could have jumped in on the Smith sweepstakes.

Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think Arizona and Cleveland are possible trade partners from #1. Could be they want to leapfrog Jax/Oak to get Geno Pray

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Its because its Alex Smith, everybody already knows how well he can and that he isn't a franchise QB.

Kolb didn't have that stigma.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I also think Arizona and Cleveland are possible trade partners from #1. Could be they want to leapfrog Jax/Oak to get Geno Pray

Please be right. I would be ecstatic if the Cardinals/Browns were willing to swap first round picks and trade their second to draft Smith.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: