Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Abraham doesnt close the door on falcon return

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: John Abraham doesnt close the door on falcon return Reply with quote

Quote:
Cut Friday by the Falcons, defensive end John Abraham took the high road when the time came to talk about the team.

Possibly because he knows he could be back.

“We are going to take it day by day,” Abraham told NFL Network regarding the possibility of a return, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “They have to weigh their options, I have to weigh mine. If something better comes up for either one of us, I think we are going to make it happen.”

Abraham, who was wearing Falcons gear during the interview, was asked whether the team is better without him. And he didn’t say no.

“You never can tell,” Abraham said. “It is like when San Francisco changed quarterbacks — it could have been a good move or a bad move, but they ended up going to the Super Bowl. You really can’t judge that. You hope for the best, you hope for the best for Atlanta. I have so many friends on the team, I don’t want to see them do bad.”

Especially since he may be doing bad, or good, right alongside them.

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to resign him, what is the rules on that as pertaining to salary cap? Does his previous number still stand against the cap or is it a new number?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
If we were to resign him, what is the rules on that as pertaining to salary cap? Does his previous number still stand against the cap or is it a new number?
his old number is completely dissolved outside of the dead money already on the books. we would just take him at a salary.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: