Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andre Smith
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Andre Smith Reply with quote

Is reportedly looking for 9 mill a year. That's less than I expected. I don't think it should be a question, pay him immediately

Do you think it's too much?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean obviously id like to lock him up

but both him and MJ93 played great in Contract years... so id hope they would keep up their progression if paid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

but both him and MJ93 played great in Contract years... so id hope they would keep up their progression if paid

Agreed. But Andre has really played well the last 2 seasons. He hasn't caused any issues, I think he graded out as the best RT in the game last year. I think it's a no brainer at that price

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Agreed. But Andre has really played well the last 2 seasons. He hasn't caused any issues, I think he graded out as the best RT in the game last year. I think it's a no brainer at that price

yeah id def lock him up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lock him up. Oline cohesion is under rated.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the other top RTs making? That seems like top LT $ to me.
sparky151

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any team including the Bengals will give Andre 9 mil. Whitworth is making 6 mil. To justify that, a team would have to either think he'll be an elite LT or have money to burn. With a flat cap over the last 4 years, nobody has money to burn.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
I don't think any team including the Bengals will give Andre 9 mil. Whitworth is making 6 mil. To justify that, a team would have to either think he'll be an elite LT or have money to burn. With a flat cap over the last 4 years, nobody has money to burn.

+1. Duane Brown just signed a contract at 8m per year. Fats is not worth that much. 7m per year at most for him..
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$9M seems like a little much to me.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
What are the other top RTs making? That seems like top LT $ to me.

Eric Winston either is or is really close to being the highest paid RT at 5.5m per season. Which makes Andre Smiths 9m per year ridiculous. 7m is the realistic ceiling...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I look into salaries that is a lot of money. We have the cap room but have to remember that we have to pay Geno and possibly AJ next season along with Dunlap.

It all depends where Andre ranks in importance with that group. I would like to see him back though

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre should average around 6 million realistically. If he can get more elsewhere, I see Fluker being taken. As far as cap numbers, if we intend to keep all of our younger guys intact, then the numbers have to be held in check. MJ should average 6-7 million over the life of a the deal. Dunlap would be in the same category. What does Suh average? Like 8 mill? Well thats what Geno should average then too (or maybe a bit more). AJGreen would be the only guy who averages in 8 digits, if even he does I don't know.

If we start paying all our guys like that, we will find ourselves in cap purgatory rather quickly. Look at Pitt. They kept redoing guys' contracts to get under the cap, yet sooner or later they can't do it anymore and have to start over.

I am OK with gicving Andre and MJ (and even Geno) big money THIS YEAR, but get them to sign longer contracts and bring down the cap hit in later years by giving them big salaries or roster bonuses that hit in this years cap leaving more room for the others in the next two years.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 mill is pretty steep. The sad fact is he could make that money on the open market. Im fine with paying him. He's too pivotal to our offence. We love running right behind him and Zeitler. I'm on Andre's side with this one.

Not to mention im not confident Fluker would be available at 21. And after him there is a huge drop-off in RT talent.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
9 mill is pretty steep. The sad fact is he could make that money on the open market. Im fine with paying him. He's too pivotal to our offence. We love running right behind him and Zeitler. I'm on Andre's side with this one.

Not to mention im not confident Fluker would be available at 21. And after him there is a huge drop-off in RT talent.

i personally do not even like DJ Fluker and would be angry if we took him at 21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

i personally do not even like DJ Fluker and would be angry if we took him at 21

I like him but would hate to lose Andre to use another 1st round pick on a RT. If we lose him, i say we roll with Collins or sign someone cheaper in FA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: