Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6869
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
Yeah I see both sides of the fence in regards to trading Cole. If we could find a decent deal with a partner outside of a team we'd play, than sure. As long as the compensation is right. But similar to if Revis got traded for the Jets, we wouldn't receive the proper value for Cole at this point in his career. Not to mention his contract is not easily worked around either. With that said, Cole can still be very valuable, and while he may not perform at his peak in this defense, he provides good versatility and is still our best pass rusher no matter.who we draft/sign. I had no idea where to place Trent in my dpth chart but he could take Jordan under his wing in this scenario. He can still rush the passer, play ok enough if asked to drop in short coverage, and potentially play maybe 3 posiions within this D. DE, Pred, Olb on some plays, and DE on basic 4-3. Cole is one of the longest tenured Eagles and I think he deserves to stay.


Who gets to stay because they are the cutest or have the best smile?

No GM for you!


Let me elaborate. The style of football Cole plays is the kind of football our whole team needs to play. Build the team in the mold of an in house vet who resembles what the Eagles are all about!


3-4?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Th@Bird$


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 171
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
Yeah I see both sides of the fence in regards to trading Cole. If we could find a decent deal with a partner outside of a team we'd play, than sure. As long as the compensation is right. But similar to if Revis got traded for the Jets, we wouldn't receive the proper value for Cole at this point in his career. Not to mention his contract is not easily worked around either. With that said, Cole can still be very valuable, and while he may not perform at his peak in this defense, he provides good versatility and is still our best pass rusher no matter.who we draft/sign. I had no idea where to place Trent in my dpth chart but he could take Jordan under his wing in this scenario. He can still rush the passer, play ok enough if asked to drop in short coverage, and potentially play maybe 3 posiions within this D. DE, Pred, Olb on some plays, and DE on basic 4-3. Cole is one of the longest tenured Eagles and I think he deserves to stay.


Who gets to stay because they are the cutest or have the best smile?

No GM for you!


Let me elaborate. The style of football Cole plays is the kind of football our whole team needs to play. Build the team in the mold of an in house vet who resembles what the Eagles are all about!


3-4?


I was talking in terms of his attitude and aggression/hustle on the field but He'll translate better than most of you project IMO. He was scouted as an OLB initially. Can still set the tone in the running game and rush the passer better than most other options this offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35287
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone came with a younger player or mod round value, I would probably Trade Cole, the extra 1.5 in cap hit has no meaning we have ton of room. And with Graham and curry, younger and cheaper and probably better fits
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6869
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
If someone came with a younger player or mod round value, I would probably Trade Cole, the extra 1.5 in cap hit has no meaning we have ton of room. And with Graham and curry, younger and cheaper and probably better fits


Hunt, too, seems better suited to coming off the edge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Th@Bird$


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 171
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yous are seriously undervaluing Coles worth to this team. He's our best pass rusher and run defender. If the values not right in a deal well need to take advantage of his skillet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14551
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Dion would be the SAM linebacker and trent cole/graham will be predators.


Like the idea of Cole/Graham splitting time, but I think one of them will move around to SAM, predator, nd possibly DE to get more snaps. We need to have our best talent out there



Well Trent and Graham can't cover so they are forced to play the predator role.


While I agree they're not the greatest in coverage, or any good at it at all, I believe they can play well enough in coverage to be moved around in this new scheme. I think they are going to rotate at predator and play SAM now and then when Billy Davis wants to throw in a wrinkle or two to confuse the O. Mostly on obvious downs or when both OLB's are blitzing



Yeah but you took dion jordan there is no reason on earth for him to not play sam because he can cover.


That's my fault for misplacing him on depth chart, gotta fix that. But Jordan IS raw and you never know how well coverage skills, especially at OLB, translate to the nfl. I think there will be occasions where Cole/Graham may play SAM, no way in hell full time


While Jordan is somewhat raw, its his pass rush moves that need refinement and weight that needs to be gained, not his coverage abilities, for a linebacker to be able to cover the slot and line up over the tight end in an offensive conference like the PAC-12 and hold his own is highly impressive and shows potentially elite coverage skills for an outside backer.

Also, to everyone trading Cole, he's not getting traded, because he's coming off his worst season and the value we'de be receiving likely wouldn't be worth the money we'de lose against the cap. They are going to give him the chance to earn his keep next year and if he doesn't improve on his 2012-13 season he'll be cut and we'de save $1.8 million against the cap instead of loosing $1.5 million against the cap this year by cutting or trading him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Th@Bird$


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 171
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Dion would be the SAM linebacker and trent cole/graham will be predators.


Like the idea of Cole/Graham splitting time, but I think one of them will move around to SAM, predator, nd possibly DE to get more snaps. We need to have our best talent out there



Well Trent and Graham can't cover so they are forced to play the predator role.


While I agree they're not the greatest in coverage, or any good at it at all, I believe they can play well enough in coverage to be moved around in this new scheme. I think they are going to rotate at predator and play SAM now and then when Billy Davis wants to throw in a wrinkle or two to confuse the O. Mostly on obvious downs or when both OLB's are blitzing



Yeah but you took dion jordan there is no reason on earth for him to not play sam because he can cover.


That's my fault for misplacing him on depth chart, gotta fix that. But Jordan IS raw and you never know how well coverage skills, especially at OLB, translate to the nfl. I think there will be occasions where Cole/Graham may play SAM, no way in hell full time


While Jordan is somewhat raw, its his pass rush moves that need refinement and weight that needs to be gained, not his coverage abilities, for a linebacker to be able to cover the slot and line up over the tight end in an offensive conference like the PAC-12 and hold his own is highly impressive and shows potentially elite coverage skills for an outside backer.

Also, to everyone trading Cole, he's not getting traded, because he's coming off his worst season and the value we'de be receiving likely wouldn't be worth the money we'de lose against the cap. They are going to give him the chance to earn his keep next year and if he doesn't improve on his 2012-13 season he'll be cut and we'de save $1.8 million against the cap instead of loosing $1.5 million against the cap this year by cutting or trading him.


Good points on Jordan, but I guess Im one person who believes he won't be full time year one. He will take some time to do as you say. Maybe he's better suited at SAM but I doubt he's out there at SAM full time year one that's all. Hell be moved around

I totally agree about cole too. He's not done as an eagle just yet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5700
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:

Good points on Jordan, but I guess Im one person who believes he won't be full time year one. He will take some time to do as you say. Maybe he's better suited at SAM but I doubt he's out there at SAM full time year one that's all. Hell be moved around

I totally agree about cole too. He's not done as an eagle just yet


You are not the only person that believes that. I am one of the biggest Dion Jordan supporters on this forum, and I think that he won't be a full time starter till year 2. You don't draft him for his immediate impact. You draft him for his skyscraper ceiling, as well as his athletic abilities.


Last edited by AZ_Eaglesfan on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Th@Bird$


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 171
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
[quote="Th@Bird$"
Good points on Jordan, but I guess Im one person who believes he won't be full time year one. He will take some time to do as you say. Maybe he's better suited at SAM but I doubt he's out there at SAM full time year one that's all. Hell be moved around

I totally agree about cole too. He's not done as an eagle just yet


You are not the only person that believes that. I am one of the biggest Dion Jordan supporters on this forum, and I think that he won't be a full time starter till year 2. You don't draft him for his immediate impact. You draft him for his skyscraper ceiling, as well as his athletic abilities.[/quote]


Yeah I see him as an Aldon Smith type role player mostly used for his athleticism year one. If he packs on enough weight I can easily see him playing full time next season. It's kind of risky to draft for potential in the top 5 but I think this years draft is an exception for the lack of top notch talent plus Jordan has a lot of promise to at least be a solid nfl starter for years which is equally important when drafting someone so high. For these exact reasons I wouldnt mind Ansah either
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group