Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 2.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

Coaching staff- Chip and the boys'

Players let go - Anyone not listed on depth chart

Players re-signed- S Colt Anderson for 3 years, LS Jon Dorenboss for 1 year

Free Agency- NT/DE Ricky Jean-Francois for 3 years, CB/S Dunta Robinson for 2 years, CB Derek Cox for 5 years, FB/TE James Casey for 4 years, OG Donald Thomas for 4 years, QB Dennis Dixon for 2 years, ILB Stewert Bradley 1 year

Draft:
Round 1- Dion Jordan DE/OLB
Round 2- Jonathan Cyprien SS
Round 3- David Quessenberry OT
Round 3- Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB(Eagles trade Foles for 2013 3rd, 7th, & 2014 2-4th conditional) (W/ Jets)
Round 5- Kwame Geathers NT
Round 5- Kenjon Barner RB(Eagles trade 2014 4th and 2013 7th for 2013 5th)
Round 6- Braxton Cave C
Round 7- William Gholston DE
Round 7- Jordan Rodgers QB

Depth Chart

Offense:
QB- Mike Vick, Dennis Dixon, Jordan Rodgers
RB- LeSean McCoy, Bryce Brown, Kenjon Barner
FB- Stanly Havili
WR- Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, Riley Cooper, Damaris Johnson
TE- Brent Celek, James Casey, Clay Harbor
LT- Jason Peters, David Quessenberry
LG- Evan Mathis
C- Jason Kelce, Braxton Cave
RG- Donald Thomas, Danny Watkins
RT- Todd Herremans, Dennis Kelly

Defense:
DE- Fletcher Cox, William Gholston
NT- Antonio Dixon, Kwame Geathers
DT/DE- Ricky Jean-Francois, Cedric Thornton
LEO/PRED- Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Vinny Curry
ILB- Demeco Ryans, Casey Matthews, Stewert Bradley
ILB- Mychal Kendricks, Jamar Chaney
SAM- Dion Jordan
CB- Bildi Wreh-Wilson, Curtis Marsh
FS- Nate Allen, Dunta Robinson(rotate at cb-may start to groom Wilson)
SS- Jonathan Cyprien, Kurt Coleman, Colt Anderson
CB- Derek Cox, Brandon Hughes
Nickel- Brandon Boykin

So what does everyone think?

Last edited by Th@Bird$ on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
mpieco

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more i think about it, the more i think trent cole is going to end up being traded to a 4-3 team (ideally in the afc) for something like a 3rd rounder. I think he is going to be too far out of his element in this defense (much like freeney for colts last year) and we should deal him while he still has good value.

Your pick of dion jordan, and then having him ahead of cole on the depth chart made me think of that.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpieco wrote:
The more i think about it, the more i think trent cole is going to end up being traded to a 4-3 team (ideally in the afc) for something like a 3rd rounder. I think he is going to be too far out of his element in this defense (much like freeney for colts last year) and we should deal him while he still has good value.

Your pick of dion jordan, and then having him ahead of cole on the depth chart made me think of that.

Trent Cole's contract makes him not worth trading.
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I see both sides of the fence in regards to trading Cole. If we could find a decent deal with a partner outside of a team we'd play, than sure. As long as the compensation is right. But similar to if Revis got traded for the Jets, we wouldn't receive the proper value for Cole at this point in his career. Not to mention his contract is not easily worked around either. With that said, Cole can still be very valuable, and while he may not perform at his peak in this defense, he provides good versatility and is still our best pass rusher no matter.who we draft/sign. I had no idea where to place Trent in my dpth chart but he could take Jordan under his wing in this scenario. He can still rush the passer, play ok enough if asked to drop in short coverage, and potentially play maybe 3 posiions within this D. DE, Pred, Olb on some plays, and DE on basic 4-3. Cole is one of the longest tenured Eagles and I think he deserves to stay.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion would be the SAM linebacker and trent cole/graham will be predators.

Also this is a team that might not win a game next year. Your DL is pretty horrible. Dixon and Jean-Francois aren't starting quality players.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?

Last edited by ninjapirate on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Like the idea of Cole/Graham splitting time, but I think one of them will move around to SAM, predator, nd possibly DE to get more snaps. We need to have our best talent out there
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Like the idea of Cole/Graham splitting time, but I think one of them will move around to SAM, predator, nd possibly DE to get more snaps. We need to have our best talent out there

Well Trent and Graham can't cover so they are forced to play the predator role.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

While I agree they're not the greatest in coverage, or any good at it at all, I believe they can play well enough in coverage to be moved around in this new scheme. I think they are going to rotate at predator and play SAM now and then when Billy Davis wants to throw in a wrinkle or two to confuse the O. Mostly on obvious downs or when both OLB's are blitzing
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

While I agree they're not the greatest in coverage, or any good at it at all, I believe they can play well enough in coverage to be moved around in this new scheme. I think they are going to rotate at predator and play SAM now and then when Billy Davis wants to throw in a wrinkle or two to confuse the O. Mostly on obvious downs or when both OLB's are blitzing

Yeah but you took dion jordan there is no reason on earth for him to not play sam because he can cover.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Yeah but you took dion jordan there is no reason on earth for him to not play sam because he can cover.

That's my fault for misplacing him on depth chart, gotta fix that. But Jordan IS raw and you never know how well coverage skills, especially at OLB, translate to the nfl. I think there will be occasions where Cole/Graham may play SAM, no way in hell full time
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:

No doubt that Cole and Graham will be the predator in this defesnse. If we got Jordan he would play SAM, because that is literally the perfect role for him. The ability to get after the passer and still be effective in coverage is perfect for that position. Not sure I like the FA... would rather get just Sean Smith then a combo of Robinson/Cox. Don't Like the Cyprien pick. Get Elam and call it a day. Hate the Barner pick. Why pick a RB in the first 5 rounds when that is our deepest position? We can't afford to make luxury picks like this.
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:

No doubt that Cole and Graham will be the predator in this defesnse. If we got Jordan he would play SAM, because that is literally the perfect role for him. The ability to get after the passer and still be effective in coverage is perfect for that position. Not sure I like the FA... would rather get just Sean Smith then a combo of Robinson/Cox. Don't Like the Cyprien pick. Get Elam and call it a day. Hate the Barner pick. Why pick a RB in the first 5 rounds when that is our deepest position? We can't afford to make luxury picks like this.

Ok maybe I misinterpreted the role of the predator and assumed Jordan was a great fit there. Still think he is just not the perfect situation with how our roster is built. I'll adjust the depth chart now.

As for Cyprien vs Elam you can take your choice but I think Cyprien turns out the better pro. And Barner in the 5th isn't much of a luxury pick like you said, it's a 5th round pick. Plus he adds to the return game. He's not useless or anything he can contribute plus I think he better suits the offense than Polk as our 3rd RB who Chip may want to use especially if there's an injury.

I like Sean Smith but he's going to ask for more money than he's probably worth and Cox will be cheaper. Plus Dunta Robinson is brought in to spot start at corner until we develop our young drafted corner (Wilson). He's a very physical corner and can come in and play nickel back, either outside position, and free safety. Both together Cox and Dunta will be cheaper than Smith and more physical.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:

As for Cyprien vs Elam you can take your choice but I think Cyprien turns out the better pro. And Barner in the 5th isn't much of a luxury pick like you said, it's a 5th round pick. Plus he adds to the return game. He's not useless or anything he can contribute plus I think he better suits the offense than Polk as our 3rd RB who Chip may want to use especially if there's an injury.

I like Sean Smith but he's going to ask for more money than he's probably worth and Cox will be cheaper. Plus Dunta Robinson is brought in to spot start at corner until we develop our young drafted corner (Wilson). He's a very physical corner and can come in and play nickel back, either outside position, and free safety. Both together Cox and Dunta will be cheaper than Smith and more physical.

The biggest problem I see with Cyprien is that he isn't a massive hitter, and he seems to lack deep range. That is a bad combination. If your going to get a guy that will stick anyone who comes around, then you can live with some range problems early, as he can develop into a better safety. Watching Cyprien on tape, he kind of bails out on deep balls, leaving the middle wide open. Elam has the ceiling, the athletic ability, and the resume, don't over think it.

Cox is an average corner at best, and signing him long term is just a mistake. It is no secret that Robinson has lost a lot in the past two years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall flat on his face next year. Smith is a young, very physical corner who played very good in streaks last year. I think he fits perfectly in Philly, and would love to see him be our big FA signing.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
Yeah I see both sides of the fence in regards to trading Cole. If we could find a decent deal with a partner outside of a team we'd play, than sure. As long as the compensation is right. But similar to if Revis got traded for the Jets, we wouldn't receive the proper value for Cole at this point in his career. Not to mention his contract is not easily worked around either. With that said, Cole can still be very valuable, and while he may not perform at his peak in this defense, he provides good versatility and is still our best pass rusher no matter.who we draft/sign. I had no idea where to place Trent in my dpth chart but he could take Jordan under his wing in this scenario. He can still rush the passer, play ok enough if asked to drop in short coverage, and potentially play maybe 3 posiions within this D. DE, Pred, Olb on some plays, and DE on basic 4-3. Cole is one of the longest tenured Eagles and I think he deserves to stay.

Who gets to stay because they are the cutest or have the best smile?

No GM for you!
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Th@Bird$ wrote:

Who gets to stay because they are the cutest or have the best smile?

No GM for you!

Let me elaborate. The style of football Cole plays is the kind of football our whole team needs to play. Build the team in the mold of an in house vet who resembles what the Eagles are all about!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: