Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The unassuming I don't do mocks mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
The only hole in this mock that I see is Allen being penciled in as the starter again next year without any real competition. I get that he's only a 2nd year player and he COULD improve, but given his lackluster (I'm being nice) level of play his rookie year, he NEEDS some competition.

Love the rest of the mock, though. Loves me some Ansah.

That's valid...I don't suppose you see or want us taking a LG in this draft high enough that we would expect him to be the starter, right? (outside of the small chance Warmack is the pick)

So that leaves FA....and I hope they can get somebody decent to challenge Allen, but if not what other choice do we have other than the idea in my mock of talking Lilja out of retirement.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigballin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
pretty much zero chance that Ansah goes #1. if we go DE it'll be Floyd most likely.

Ah yes...we have been needing another Glenn Dorsey for a while now.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is our defensive scheme changing or staying the same? To date we have not asked our ends to rush the passer but rather anchor and stop the run. That's why all along Star was the only highly touted DL who I thought fit our scheme.

Now players like Floyd "could" play 5 tech but IMO needs to be in a 3-4 scheme that asks/allows their ends to rush more. Anchoring and disengaging once fully engaged are probly Floyd's biggest weaknesses and would really be exposed in our D if we continue to run it the way we have to date.
bigballin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Is our defensive scheme changing or staying the same? To date we have not asked our ends to rush the passer but rather anchor and stop the run. That's why all along Star was the only highly touted DL who I thought fit our scheme.

Now players like Floyd "could" play 5 tech but IMO needs to be in a 3-4 scheme that asks/allows their ends to rush more. Anchoring and disengaging once fully engaged are probly Floyd's biggest weaknesses and would really be exposed in our D if we continue to run it the way we have to date.

If we are going to draft Floyd then we might as well sign Dorsey...they are identical.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anchoring and disengaging once fully engaged are probly Floyd's biggest weaknesses and would really be exposed in our D if we continue to run it the way we have to date.

Other than the T-rex arms you mean?
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think he has those problems lol. Kid like ceelo lol
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
If we are going to draft Floyd then we might as well sign Dorsey...they are identical.

No. Just...no. Floyd is not Glenn Dorsey. I could see the comparison to a guy like Sedrick Ellis or Peria Jerry, but not Glenn Dorsey. Dorsey's arms are freakishly long (longer than Jake Long's, who is 6'7"). Dorsey was a much better athlete (at draft time) than Floyd, too. The only similarities between Dorsey and Floyd are overall strength and the position they played in college. That's it. They both project(ed) well as a 3 technique, but Floyd is not going to do well in the NFL unless he's allowed to be a penetrating 1 gap 3 technique. If he's asked to 2 gap...and I mean EVER 2 gap...he will fail. Miserably. Once a lineman gets his hands on him, he's pretty much incapable of shedding that block. That shows on tape, too. Against college lineman. You think it's gonna get easier for him in the NFL? Nope. He's nothing more than a sub-package player, but if he's asked to start as a 3 down lineman, it's not gonna be pretty. Do not want. At all. He doesn't even have a great burst that most 3 techniques need to be successful. He's a well rounded prospect who is technically sound, but that's it. Think of him as the Aaron Curry of Defensive Tackles. Jack of all trades, master of none. Not even worth a 1st round pick IMO, let alone a top 5 or top 10 pick.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree, yet how can so many experts be fooled to that extent?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I tend to agree, yet how can so many experts be fooled?

It's all about projecting players to the NFL based on athletic potential and NFL readiness. If a team feels like a player with a low ceiling but a high floor will help their team, that could warrant a 1st round pick in some situations. This year, the draft class as a whole is weak at the top, so it all boils down to whose hype machine is at full tilt leading up to the final days of the draft.

Plus, at the same time, there almost always one player who falls like a rock that the "experts" just can't seem to explain. Daquan Bowers, Decastro, Riley Reiff, Courtney Upshaw and Muhammed Wilkerson all immediately come to mind. The only player I would agree with being surprised about falling is Decastro. I was a big fan of Bowers too and thought he'd go higher, but apparently, he failed a drug test and failed a physical at the combine and it wasn't publicized until after the draft.

That's what's great about the draft, though. There are 32 different professional opinions on every player...and then plenty more so called "expert" opinions from ESPN and the pundits. That's what makes it fun! Laughing

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I tend to agree, yet how can so many experts be fooled to that extent?

Really? Do we not remember the laundry list of "great prospects" like Aaron Curry, Vernon Gholston, Ryan Sims, Rolando McClain, Jason Smith, and Jamaal Anderson just to name a few.

They are fooled for two main reasons IMO.

1) They do not have any clue as to a players motives or intentions.

2) They project success based upon raw talent way too much, often over looking glaring issues staring them right in the face, like T-Rex arms.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but the difference is, the way i'm hearing it Floyd just doesn't have the ability to be that good. Yet he's projected as a high pick..it almost seems as if '09 Tyson Jackson was a better prospect from what i'm hearing.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I don't love Floyd in a 3-4 as much as I did months ago.. but I still think he's a stout DT that has a great first step and leverage to get penetration. Ideally, he should go to a 4-3 team.. but I think he can be good either way.

I was trying hard to find out what Justin Smith's arm length was.. but couldn't. I see lots of concerns here about the 31 and 3/4" arm length. It could be a concern, sure. Think ... Either way, the scheme fit and being a top 5 pick doesn't work wonderfully for me.. but I don't love anyone as a top 5 pick except for maybe the OTs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Smith's arms are 35 something, thought someone posted that, maybe Ryk when comparing Smith and Ansah.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I think Smith's arms are 35 something, thought someone posted that, maybe Ryk when comparing Smith and Ansah.

Hmmm, okay. Would love to have a link. If 35 something, cool... but they look shorter to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

Hmmm, okay. Would love to have a link. If 35 something, cool... but they look shorter to me.

Aldon Smith has 35-3/8" long arms. I don't think Justin Smith has comparable arm length. I think someone is getting the Smiths mixed up. I haven't been able to find Justin Smiths arm length yet either.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: