Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which 3 players would help most?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeNBlue86#2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Which 3 players would help most? Reply with quote

If Denver got to just pick 3 players from the draft class who would they take? I think it would have to be impact players now instead of someone who would help down the road (joeckel or a qb or something).

I think I would take millner, warmack, and Floyd. Austin or Jordan would be good too but I think those 3 would have the most immediate impact. Or get 2 tackles like Floyd and Richardson.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go realistic so I would love for us to trade down and pick three impact players in the second or third round. Matt Elam is a guy who stands out him and Moore would make a great tandem. He would be a top 15 pick if he was 3 inches taller and plays bigger than he really is. He can blitz is good against the run and can cover. I also would love to draft Ryan Swope he ran a 4.34 40 time is a good route runner. He would be great in the slot and can add another dimension to our offense. You look at guys like Cruz and Welker and can see the impact of a slot Wr.The third guy would either be a d tackle, corner, or mlb.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT Sharrif Floyd
CB Dee Millner
OG Chance Warmack

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
primetime714

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Star Lotulelei - DT- assuming his heart checks out
-Chance Warmack - OG
-Demarcus Millner- CB
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any player in draft:
1. Chance Warmack
2. Sharrif Floyd
3. Star Lotulelei

Will likely be around at #28:
1. Johnathan Hankins
2. Desmond Trufant
3. Tank Carradine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

primetime714 wrote:
-Star Lotulelei - DT- assuming his heart checks out

Even if he gets a clean bill of health, and what I've read he should be okay with some changes to his diet, I think Floyd would be the better option for us given his ability to collapse the pocket from inside.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of drafting Warmack or Floyd. They're both overrated.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Not a fan of drafting Warmack or Floyd. They're both overrated.

Agreed. Floyd was nice when he was being mocked to us at 28. Now there's talk of consideration for #1 overall? Absolutely not.

As for Warmack, he's a good player, and will be a good pro, but he isn't better than Cooper.

My three would be:

OG Johnathan Cooper
WR Tavon Austin
CB Dee Milliner

Those three improve on three big areas immediately.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Agreed. Floyd was nice when he was being mocked to us at 28. Now there's talk of consideration for #1 overall? Absolutely not.

That's just crazy talk. I remember the hype Marcel Dareus got at the time he was coming out and some of it was over the top, but Floyd isn't half the prospect Dareus was. Surely this is "draft experts" just running their mouths?

broncos67 wrote:
As for Warmack, he's a good player, and will be a good pro, but he isn't better than Cooper.

Warmack's basically a one-dimensional power guy. Not worth a 1st if you ask me.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

That's just crazy talk. I remember the hype Marcel Dareus got at the time he was coming out and some of it was over the top, but Floyd isn't half the prospect Dareus was. Surely this is "draft experts" just running their mouths?

broncos67 wrote:

To your first question, I would say probably. Floyd will be a good pro, not an elite one like you would expect #1 overall (even in a weak draft) to be. He'll go Top 5 though. My guess is Oakland, but who the hell knows.

Warmack just strikes me as the quintessential safe bet. In this draft, which is weak, but has lots of question marks, a safe guy gets overdrafted by a team not wanting to get screwed.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "safe" guys are the ones who worry me most, because they're usually the most overrated. Alfred Morris should have been a "safe" guy last year but almost no one was even interested in drafting him. I felt the same way about Bernard Pierce, who I know several people didn't like coming out. I thought he was great, and still do.

In contrast, anyone remember Aaron Curry? Laughing Heck even Reggie Bush was considered safe by many, yet I knew for 100% fact that the guy was going to be a bust.

The "safe" guys are usually the types who just have the least critical evaluations made on them, usually because they fit a superficial checklist of what is prototypical for the position(Aaron Curry is the poster child of this). When of course what a team should really look for is a guy who's different, who doesn't play like guys at the position typically do because he's special. That's what we did when we picked Von Miller. People were confused on what position he would be, that he couldn't cover and that he was too small to be an End. That reasoning sure looks stupid now doesn't it?
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
The "safe" guys are the ones who worry me most, because they're usually the most overrated. Alfred Morris should have been a "safe" guy last year but almost no one was even interested in drafting him. I felt the same way about Bernard Pierce, who I know several people didn't like coming out. I thought he was great, and still do.

In contrast, anyone remember Aaron Curry? Laughing Heck even Reggie Bush was considered safe by many, yet I knew for 100% fact that the guy was going to be a bust.

Love Bernard Pierce. After he destroyed Maryland's defense (not saying much) I knew he'd be special. He was unreal that game. Morris, admittedly I knew nothing about.

I thought Curry would be special because he was just so damn good. He fell off a cliff big time. I agree on Bush, I never cared much for him. He's been better once the expectations for him soured.

Regardless, safe is so relative. I think OL on the whole are fairly safe picks (at least the safest of the bunch) because if an OT sucks, he could potentially play OG. If an OG sucks, sometimes they can play C. You have more options. If a CB sucks, well, he probably won't do much in the end.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Morris, admittedly I knew nothing about.

No one did. After Shanahan drafted him I immediately dug up what highlights and such I could find and was impressed but never thought he would be as good as he has been, I still thought he would be a backup in Washington. Even Shanahan admitted he had no idea, he had the guy playing Fullback at the Senior Bowl. Laughing
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If were going to talk "overrated" the #1 player on that list HAS to be CB Dee Milliner. The talk of him at top-5 is mind-numbing. Hes going to get absolutely abused in the NFL against taller WR's.

Look at the Texas A&M, LSU and Notre Dame games. All those teams lined-up their tallest WR's/TE's and went right at Milliner. Hes got speed and can play in a soft zone coverage but if hes lined-up man-to-man with tall and physical WR's, hes going to get abused. Mark my words.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

Yea, I don't think I would spend a top 15 pick on him. I guess I'd be OK with him at 28 though, since that's at the back end of the first round anyways, and our interior line is weak. Thing is, we already have a one-dimensional mauler in Franklin. If we wanted to go that route, we'd be better off getting a good OT, and moving Franklin inside. He might have to shed a bit of weight, as he's pretty slow on his feet. Seems like I remember him playing guard some in college though? Might not be that hard of a transition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: