Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 PRO DAY THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s0wra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Sundquist was on Path to the Draft last night and said that he felt that E J was worthy of a 1st round pick.

Interesting since he was a finalist to be the Jets GM. It's hard to say if he was the Jets GM if he would have taken him a 9, tried to trade back, tried to trade up into the late 1st or just meant that he had a 1st round grade on him but would have no intention of actually picking him.

Just seemed like an interesting "what if" to look back on in a couple of years.

Sig by Jamison.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ConorTOrr 34m
Both Idzik and Bradway at Tennessee pro day. Will get to take a look at Cordarrelle Patterson. #nyj #jets

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s0wra wrote:
Ted Sundquist was on Path to the Draft last night and said that he felt that E J was worthy of a 1st round pick.

Interesting since he was a finalist to be the Jets GM. It's hard to say if he was the Jets GM if he would have taken him a 9, tried to trade back, tried to trade up into the late 1st or just meant that he had a 1st round grade on him but would have no intention of actually picking him.

Just seemed like an interesting "what if" to look back on in a couple of years.

I wouldn't be upset taking a shot at EJ, but not at 9 in the late first maybe (doubt he lasts till there)
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets are not in brilliant position of taking raw qb in the first round. 3rd or later is more ideal for Jets.

Nassib and Manuel have tools that make NFL teams want to draft aggressively.

Jets have Garrard and Sanchez as quarterbacks and David Lee as QB coach. They are other reasons Jets should not draft qb that high.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Jets are not in brilliant position of taking raw qb in the first round. 3rd or later is more ideal for Jets.

Jets have Garrard and Sanchez as quarterbacks and David Lee as QB coach. They are other reasons Jets should not draft qb that high.

At this point Sanchez is a reason to draft a QB high.... Garrard could be fine for us if he stays healthy which I doubt him doing.
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="KBS756"][quote="s0wra"]Ted Sundquist was on Path to the Draft last night and said that he felt that E J was worthy of a 1st round pick.

Just seemed like an interesting "what if" to look back on in a couple of years.[/quote]

I wouldn't be upset taking a shot at EJ, but not at 9 in the late first maybe (doubt he lasts till there)[/quote]

If we are trading back into the 1st for one of the second tier guys would that mean he would then sign a 5 year deal giving us another year of a rookie deal which would be better fianancially. I think with the new cba if we waited until after the 1st our player would sign a 4 year deal. So with Luck, Griffin and Wilson it will be Wilson who gets the big deal first. Just something else to consider....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

At this point Sanchez is a reason to draft a QB high.... Garrard could be fine for us if he stays healthy which I doubt him doing.

raw non NFL ready qb to contest against Sanchez? ha.

Garrard is a player not a teacher.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

raw non NFL ready qb to contest against Sanchez? ha.

Garrard is a player not a teacher.

I think EJ is more NFL ready then many give him credit for. He isn't going to be as polished as an Andrew Luck or a Robert Griffin the III but how many are?

Many people thought Cam Newton wasn't ready to start right away and he had far more mechanical issues than EJ does yet in his first year he was able to have a very significant impact.

I think by all accounts EJ is a very tough hard working guy with solid character, and also very coachable and could get a lot better with NFL coaching. For him I personally think it is just about getting the right coaching the rest of the talent is there just needs to be coached up and in todays NFL we have seen it happen more rapidly.

And on Garrard I never took him for a teacher, he could be a serviceable starter for us if he stays healthy, but his recent injury history leads me to believe that wont be the case
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel is not coachable player. Intelligent person with hard head at sports.

He has no idea how to play football right. He is nowhere near to Cam Newton's game skills.

Fortunately for Newton that his OC ran the simplistic vertical offense. Mornhinweg runs a complex Walsh offense.

Nassib is better ideal for Jets if we are to draft raw qb. He absorbs playbook well and plays fast.
famousj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the problem with drafting Matt Barkley. I keep hearing he does not have a strong arm. I prefer accuracy over strength. As long as Barkley can make all the NFL throws. All QBs don't need to sling the ball 50 yds down the field to be effective. I will pick Barkley if the Jets can get a second #1 pick for Revis in which can trade down into the lower half of the first round to select Barkley. Barkley's pro day will answer alot of questions about his arm strength and accuracy.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
I don't see the problem with drafting Matt Barkley. I keep hearing he does not have a strong arm. I prefer accuracy over strength. As long as Barkley can make all the NFL throws. All QBs don't need to sling the ball 50 yds down the field to be effective. I will pick Barkley if the Jets can get a second #1 pick for Revis in which can trade down into the lower half of the first round to select Barkley. Barkley's pro day will answer alot of questions about his arm strength and accuracy.

I think Barkley has the accuracy, but I honestly am not sure if he can make all the NFL throws and taking any throws away from an arsenal of playcalling is a weakness I don't want our QB to have.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:

He has no idea how to play football right. He is nowhere near to Cam Newton's game skills.

Fortunately for Newton that his OC ran the simplistic vertical offense. Mornhinweg runs a complex Walsh offense.

Nassib is better ideal for Jets if we are to draft raw qb. He absorbs playbook well and plays fast.

I wouldnt presume that EJ isnt coachable ... honestly I think anyone is coachable if they have the will and work ethic.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am told John Idzik/GM/New York Jets is at Tennessee pro-day...ditto for Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin...

Tennessee's Top Prospects
WR Cordarrelle Patterson
WR Justin Hunter
OL Dallas Thomas
QB Tyler Bray
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:

People misuse adjective words on arm strength.

Barkley has enough strength to make all throws but he has timing issue.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

I wouldnt presume that EJ isnt coachable ... honestly I think anyone is coachable if they have the will and work ethic.

Sanchez has outstanding work ethic. His game skill sucks. Manuel may edge him because he can move the chain with his legs. Big problem on Manuel is he does not stick to play or adjust plays for better opportunity during football action. He has tendency to cancel a play out too quick without a good contingency plan.

It is uncertain that Manuel is able to loosen up on the field so drafting him that high is terrible idea. If Jets fail to polish Sanchez up then I don't see how Jets can shape up Manuel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: