Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

To the cut - where we need to be

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: To the cut - where we need to be Reply with quote

We have made a few good moves in getting closer under the cap. Still have a a few big moves to make and decide on before that. Restructure Gross? Beason? Williams? Gamble? Who else?

I say we either cut Williams or Stewart (or trade), restructure Beason (injury incentive), Gross (not same player used to be) Gamble (injury incentive, good but not great, and if he wants to stick around in Carolina that 10 million dollars is too much) Restructure Williams but I don't think he will want to restructure.

It may come down to either keeping Williams or Gamble and Id rather keep Gamble. We have 2 really good RB's, but only 1 good CB. Keep Gamble and let either Stewart/Williams do their thing.

I think a few veteran players will be restructuring too in order to help clear salary cap space. Kalil and Olsen already doing so, I can see Smith-Anderson-Johnson-Godfrey all taking pay cuts.

My ideal rest of the offseason:
-Trade Stewart/Williams for a 3rd
-Restructure Gross and Beason
-Keep Gamble by restructuring
-Sign Mike Wallace (start salary low with high roster bonuses and back end the deal of the contract)
-Few stop gap signings
-Few stop gap cuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: