Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

VNC's Post-Combine Mock (Time to revamp the WR's)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: VNC's Post-Combine Mock (Time to revamp the WR's) Reply with quote

Extended/Restructured

DE- Jared Allen- Restructured
DT- Kevin Williams- Pay Cut

Re-Signed

RT- Phil Loadholt- 5 years
FB- Jerome Felton- 3 years
WR- Jerome Simpson- 1 year
OG- Joe Berger- 1 year
MLB- Jasper Brinkley- 1 year
LB- Marvin Mitchell- 1 year
CB- AJ Jefferson- 1 year tender
CB- Marcus Sherels- 1 year
SS- Jamarca Sanford- 2 years

Not Returning

OG- Geoff Schwartz
WR- Devin Aromashadu
OLB- Erin Henderson
OT- Troy Kropog
S- Andrew Sendejo

Released
WR- Michael Jenkins
RB- Matt Asiata
WR- Stephen Burton
DT- Letroy Guion

FREE AGENCY

Spielman makes 1 splash and finds a few bargain players that will fit nicely.

WR- Greg Jennings- 5 years, By the looks of it, we're going to be in the running for this guy. This move now allows us to assess some other positions early in the draft. I would prefer Wallace but Miami outbids us.

OLB- Daryl Smith- 1 year, Coming off a major injury, nobody wants to invest the money so we snag him on a "prove yourself" contract.

QB- Rex Grossman- 2 years, FA QB's are weak but Rex has some experience and will help out Ponder.

CB- Bradley Fletcher- 1 year, Fletcher just doesnt fit in STL anymore and is coming off a major injury. Spielman gets him cheap.

OG- Chad Rinehart- 3 years, Rinehart will come in and give Fusco or Johnson a run for their money and will be a starter

WR- Percy Harvin is traded to the Seattle Seahawks for a 2013 1st and 7th round pick as well as a 2014 3rd round pick

2013 NFL DRAFT

Round 1 (23)

WR- Cordarrelle Patterson- Tennessee, Its starting to seem like he is going to fall and Im not sure how we could ever pass him up. I know he's raw but who better to teach him than Greg Jennings? He's a must pick here.

TRADE- The Vikings give up their 1st round pick(via SEA) to San Francisco for their 1st round pick (31) and 3rd round pick (93).

Round 1 via SF (31)

MLB- Manti Teo- Notre Dame, Spielman loves drafting Notre Dame players and Teo improved during his pro-day. Having 7 INTs as a MLB is unheard of. He can cover and he can defend the run. For all the crap he's taking, I think he's a steal right hear and he will be a great NFL LB.

TRADE- The Vikings give up their 2nd round pick(52) and 4th round pick (120) to Miami for their 2nd round pick (42) and a 2014 6th round pick.

Round 2 (42)

CB- Desmond Trufant- Washington, There will be a CB or two that could fall here. I say its Trufant and we must trade up. Spielman has hinted a few times that he would like to trade up in the 2nd. Now we have 3 immediate starters so far.

Round 3 (83)

DT- Kawann Short- Purdue, There will also be some DT's that fall here. Short is a no-brainer at this point.

Round 3 via SF (93)

LB- Gerald Hodges- -Hodges can play both outside and inside. Since we decide to keep Brinkley, Hodges will play outside on running downs but he will stay on the field for passing downs and Brinkley will come off.

Round 4 via DET (102)

SS- Shamarko Thomas- Syracuse, Even though Sanford was re-signed, I still feel this would be a great upgrade. A year ago, Frazier said Sanford was strictly a special teamer. He played great this past year but I think he goes back to special teams. Thomas has great speed and is a big hitter.

Round 5 (155)

OG- Alvin Bailey- Arkansas, Bailey will come in and compete for a starting job. I believe he will have a good chance to beat out either Johnson or Fusco

Round 6 (189)

RB- Latavius Murray- UCF, I actually played against him in high school. He has great size and has been a solid back at UCF. Supposedly 26 teams went to his pro-day.

Round 7 via ARZ (213)

OLB- Brandon Magee- Arizona St., I believe Henderson is a questionable starter in this league. In turn, we bring in Magee to give him some competition.

Round 7 (214)

CB- Khalid Wooten- Nevada, Good value late in the draft

Round 7 via Seattle (229)

OT- Ricky Wagner- Wisconsin, Could use some depth at OT.

Last edited by vikesnewcoach11 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:01 pm; edited 21 times in total
joru1000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool, we drastically reach for a 2nd-3rd round DT but it's okay because his last name is Williams!11!1. But nice try I guess.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Oh cool, we drastically reach for a 2nd-3rd round DT but it's okay because his last name is Williams!11!1. But nice try I guess.

I think he will move ahead of Hankins. Hankins didnt have a great combine. Also with Lotulelei's status up in the air Williams could easily move up. He also had a good combine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

Also Ive seen a good amount of mocks having him in the first so Im not sure why you're saying "drastically"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about the value with that trade, i think it favors us heavily.

I would be ecstatic to get Hunter and Hopkins, but highly doubtful either one of them falls that far.

I dont really like the Sylvester Williams pick in the first, id much rather go Short or Jenkins there.

Not crazy about the FA signings either, though i do like Moore.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
I dont know about the value with that trade, i think it favors us heavily.

I would be ecstatic to get Hunter and Hopkins, but highly doubtful either one of them falls that far.

I dont really like the Sylvester Williams pick in the first, id much rather go Short or Jenkins there.

Not crazy about the FA signings either, though i do like Moore.

Maybe a 5th instead of a 6th? Or even one of our 4ths? Williams really impressed me when I was watching the combine. He moves very well for his size. Short is a possibility but Jenkins worries me. He weighs like 20 more pounds than phat pat did. Williams can provide run stopping as well as a pass rush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

Williams actually isnt a bad pick, I think he will surpass guys like Short, Jenkins and Hankins. He isnt a big name like those guys, but he is a more ideal fit at the one technique spot and he is a pretty good pass rusher.

I generally dont like the idea of a round one Dt, but Williams is probably my top choice at 23 (assuming Floyd/Richardson are off the board).
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

Williams actually isnt a bad pick, I think he will surpass guys like Short, Jenkins and Hankins.He isnt a big name like those guys, but he is a more ideal fit at the one technique spot and he is a pretty good pass rusher.

I generally dont like the idea of a round one Dt, but Williams is probably my top choice at 23 (assuming Floyd/Richardson are off the board).

^agreed 100%

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's fine mock.

every mock has bits and parts and choices that seem unusual or don't make guys happy. heck, the REAL drafts do that, why shouldn't the mocks?!

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i think it's fine mock.

every mock has bits and parts and choices that seem unusual or don't make guys happy. heck, the REAL drafts do that, why shouldn't the mocks?!

haha good point VD. I mean we all know Spielman loves to trade and him moving up into the second wouldnt surprise me. We completely revamp our WR's and still assess our other positions of need. At first sight it seems unrealistic but the more I thought about it this could definitely happen.

Sylvester Williams would be an instant starter next to KWill and take his spot when he retires.

Hunter and Hopkins could make an awesome combo for years to come and help Ponder improve a ton. Dont forget we still have the best slot WR in the league to top it all off.

Bostic would be a great player on this defense. Could and should be an instant starter. He was one of the fastest LB's at the Combine as well which helps him coverage wise

Mcfadden is another guy that could contribute right away as well.

Bailey could give Johnson or Fusco a run for their money.

As for the FA's: I look at Smith and Fletcher as two of the best "prove yourself" guys we could get. Neither will get big money but both are very capable of playing at a high level.

Moore really solidifies our safeties for a long time.

The way I look at it is: Yes, Spielman isnt a big spender in FA BUT if he's willing to give Carlson big money, I feel he will fork out a good amount of money to at least one FA and I think Moore could be our guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

And by the way...Mike Mayock has Williams as the #3 DT in the draft this year.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Love this mock I think McFadden and bailey might be a reach but not by far great job I love reading mocks like this and hoping it happens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple blood wrote:
I Love this mock I think McFadden and bailey might be a reach but not by far great job I love reading mocks like this and hoping it happens

Leon McFadden is good player. Ideal fit for the Cover 2. Heady player with good instincts and he is strong in run support. Would be a great pick. Also, love me some DeAndre Hopkins.

Maxx Williams For Mackey
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice work. I don't see this being unrealistic outside of the trade up (we'd probably have to give some more there).

- The Safety position is set for years
- The WRs are young and talented
- Good competition at the CB and LB positions
- Rex wouldn't be my first choice, but you could do worse for a backup
- I like Williams fit on the DL.

Great job!

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the end results. I hadnt considered taking two of the top WR's but maybe they will. Only one out of two made it on the field last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: