Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Discussion: Bucs Get Revis, Jets Get #13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoj398

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys feel about Kenny Phillips? The Giants and Him are far apart in the money talks. according to G-men fans, hes a beast when healthy, but hasnt been able to stay healthy.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:
Dang Stevie Johnson is recruiting Brandon Gibson. I watched all of Sams Throws yesterday, and I came away how impressed I with Gibson. He has chemistry with Bradford and is a very reliable asset to our team. Gibson should be our number one priority this offseason. I have always been a Gibson fan. He isn't a number one. He is a good number two that I can see blosm in his second year of same offense.

Is this a joke?

Brandon Gibson has worked against single coverage his entire time as a Ram and has routinely failed to produce even mediocre results. He's not fast, he's not big, he doesn't have great hands, and he disappears for games or even months at a time.

So I'm not the only that has noticed his houdini routine?

Give on Gibson man, it will help you sleep at night.

he actually came on down the stretch but I agree he's very inconsistent.

I really don't know what to feel. I honestly wouldn't mind letting Danny and Gibby go and drafting two wide receivers. Drafting Austin and Hopkins/Wheaton/Hunter would save us a bunch of money and probably be an immediate upgrade as well.
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we Resign Hunter

Saw on instagram today a message he left for a fanpage

Dude loved playing for us and loved the fans. Said it was a much better experience than he had with the Jets

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:
Dang Stevie Johnson is recruiting Brandon Gibson. I watched all of Sams Throws yesterday, and I came away how impressed I with Gibson. He has chemistry with Bradford and is a very reliable asset to our team. Gibson should be our number one priority this offseason. I have always been a Gibson fan. He isn't a number one. He is a good number two that I can see blosm in his second year of same offense.

Is this a joke?

Brandon Gibson has worked against single coverage his entire time as a Ram and has routinely failed to produce even mediocre results. He's not fast, he's not big, he doesn't have great hands, and he disappears for games or even months at a time.

So I'm not the only that has noticed his houdini routine?

Give on Gibson man, it will help you sleep at night.

he actually came on down the stretch but I agree he's very inconsistent.

I really don't know what to feel. I honestly wouldn't mind letting Danny and Gibby go and drafting two wide receivers. Drafting Austin and Hopkins/Wheaton/Hunter would save us a bunch of money and probably be an immediate upgrade as well.

That is Gibson routine though, he plays the 1st few weeks and all of us are like "OMG! Brandon Gibson is goingz to be dah best efa!" Then disappears in the middle of the season then the last few weeks he shows up to save his roster spot.

So Garbage!

Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
I hope we Resign Hunter

Dude loved playing for us and loved the fans. Said it was a much better experience than he had with the Jets

I would love to sign him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
How do you guys feel about Kenny Phillips? The Giants and Him are far apart in the money talks. according to G-men fans, hes a beast when healthy, but hasnt been able to stay healthy.

I'm VERY high on him. Would be a tremendous signing. And I think would lead to Mikell getting cut, not because they play the same position, but freeing up his money and plugging in a SS from this years draft would make fiscal sense if you pay for a higher priced FA FS.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Emcee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
I hope we Resign Hunter

I gotta imagine playing for any NY team in any sport probably sucks, at least relative to playing for another team.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:

I want him if his demands are reasonable.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newest rumors regarding players we could target...

Rotoworld wrote:
The Falcons have "ramped up" negotiations with free agents William Moore and Sam Baker.

Rotoworld wrote:
Free agent FS Louis Delmas is taking a physical with the Lions on Friday. It's an indication the sides are nearing a new deal.

Rotoworld wrote:
SI's Peter King expects the Eagles to show interest in free agent Danny Amendola. King notes that new coach Chip Kelly wants players who can "play fast and smart," and Amendola fits the bill when healthy. Philadelphia could save cap space by releasing incumbent slot receiver Jason Avant, and make a big upgrade by replacing him with Amendola. Expect Amendola to command $6 million a year.

Rotoworld wrote:
Free agent Steven Jackson says his disagreement with the Rams isn't about money, but more about his role moving forward.
"I embrace the fact that I took in Daryl [Richardson] and Isaiah Pead and taught them a lot," said Jackson. "... But for where Iím at going into year 10, Iím not ready to step back and just become a primary backup or reduced role guy, to be a part of a running back by committee." In free agency, Jackson will seek a "bell cow" role on a Super Bowl contender. That's not the Rams.

IDOG_det on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Agency soft-opening starts at midnight

Many may not know, but in the new CBA they built in a NBA-like 3 day negotiation period prior to the actual start of the new league year. It supposed to help cut down on the tampering, but it really hasnt.

So starting at midnight we could see some of the "agreed in principle" deals going down, but until pen hits paper I could see alot of false information out there. And end up with some teams getting burnt by agents.

If nothing else it should be fun tonight
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Free agent Steven Jackson says his disagreement with the Rams isn't about money, but more about his role moving forward.
"I embrace the fact that I took in Daryl [Richardson] and Isaiah Pead and taught them a lot," said Jackson. "... But for where Iím at going into year 10, Iím not ready to step back and just become a primary backup or reduced role guy, to be a part of a running back by committee." In free agency, Jackson will seek a "bell cow" role on a Super Bowl contender. That's not the Rams.
Pretty much what we all already knew. He and whomever signs him to be that type of back will likely be very disappointed if they dont have another back to spell him.

Its time to move on, Snead & Fisher can say all the right things about wanting him back, but it makes no business sense to pay him anymore. I also think he would be holding back the team from starting new, and getting away from the losing past.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

I'm VERY high on him. Would be a tremendous signing. And I think would lead to Mikell getting cut, not because they play the same position, but freeing up his money and plugging in a SS from this years draft would make fiscal sense if you pay for a higher priced FA FS.

Why so high on Kenny Phillips? I havent watched tons of giants games, but hes never stood out to me. Id rather sign a guy like winston and address safety in the draft than sign Kenny or Delmas.

Am i completely off on him?
RamRod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguars released Dawan Landry today. How has he played in recent years? Would he be a possibility for us?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Jaguars released Dawan Landry today. How has he played in recent years? Would he be a possibility for us?

He's basically what Quinton Mikell is now. A guy who is susceptable in coverage, but plays well in the box and around the line of scrimmage...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Jackson is being interviewed on ESPN. He seems that he is good as gone. It seems his mind is made up. For instance, one thing he said is I wish I could still keep up with all of my foundations in St. Louis. He is complaining about not being cow bell. He said it was a tough decision leaving St. Louis. Is he leaving what the heck. He says some teams are on his radar. He has a number of teams on his radar. He says best way to end career is to go out like Ray Lewis.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 6 of 101

Jump to: