Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Discussion: Bucs Get Revis, Jets Get #13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
Brodie wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Brodie wrote:
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora expects the Rams to "strongly" pursue free agent Jared Cook if he indeed reaches the market.
Rams coach Jeff Fisher was Cook's head coach in Tennessee, and St. Louis OC Brian Schottenheimer made solid use of similarly vertical tight end Dustin Keller with the Jets. The Rams will have a need at slot receiver if Danny Amendola departs, and Cook played the vast majority of his 2012 snaps in the slot. Just about to turn 26, Cook figures to command in excess of $5 million per year

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5165/jared-cook

5 million does not seem bad at all
Not at all, like I said before, as long as the "being concidered a WR" was just a ply to make the Titans not Tag him, I will be happy to sign Cook. They werent really using him, and he has a ton of talent that has yet to be tapped into, but shows it.

I would love to get him on a 4 year deal worth about $23 million, and give him a $10m signing bonus
Y1- $1m Base + $2.5m Bonus
Y2- $5m Base + $2.5m Bonus
Y3- $3m Base + $2.5m Bonus
Y4- $4m Base + $2.5m Bonus

And it would only costs us $3.5 against the Cap for this season.

He seemed to really hate playing over there so it would not surprise me at all if it was a ploy

It was 100 % a ploy to get outta TEN. He hasn't wanted to be in nashville for 2 years now. Hopefully for you guys he turns it around and becomes a top 3 TE. He has the talent. But he can be sort of a locker room cancer. He didn't understand the term rebuilding...
Outside perspective... to be fair, you guys criminally underutilized him. Even if he liked his teammates and Tennessee, you can hardly blame him. He deserved a lot more playing time.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
According to both the Boston Herald and ESPN's Adam Schefter, Wes Welker has no plans to re-sign with the Patriots before testing the market next week. A Tuesday report from CSN New England stated that the two sides were "closing in" on a deal. That may have been premature.

Guess they aren't so close after all. There is actually some growing talks that the Patriots have decided that if Welker gets to the open-market they'll walk away and focus their efforts on getting Amendola signed quickly...

Just talks at this point, but something to watch...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Just talks at this point, but something to watch...
I thought that was a bit pre-mature, I think Welker just wants out of New England. Plenty of Title contenders would want him, and he would be much more appreciated & more handsomely paid. Welker has a big personality and BB kills all personality in that organization, I could see where guys would get sick of it, especially if they are only regressing each year. Its highly likely that they are using Danny as leverage, and could very well snatch him up if Welker walks. I think Bill would overpay Amendola, and give him all the money they were going to give Wes just to spite Welker.

The Hartline situation is still more fluid than reports let on as well, I think these two (Hartline & Welker) are just trying to gather their teams best offers and will then take those into the market. Take a quick lap around the pool to see if anyone else is biting on a deal like that (or better it) then will come back to these deals on the table if they cant find a better situation.

Reports of asking prices this early are usually never accurate, especially when they are projecting a guy to become the Highest Paid player at his position and he isnt even the consensus best FA at his position this offseason. The $7-$8m number is based off of three things; A) the supposed deal that he turned down from the Titans that would have given him about $5m per year but we dont know much about that actual offer, and we do know he hated it in Tennessee B) The fact that he was threatening to fight to be considered a WR and cost about $10m on the Tag, even though that was clearly a ploy to get himself out of there. C) and lastly its a # that comes from a Contract like Finley's deal (averaging $7m per), which only gave him $1m guaranteed and everything else was voidable.

It would seem Cook is looking for 2 things, Being a big part of the offense & security. Because if this was just about the money he would have taken the guaranteed $6m and fought to get another guaranteed $4m. Martellus Bennet was in a similar situation last offseason (with less leverage) but he was all potential and teams werent sure what they could get out of him as the #1 TE. And all he got was 1 year and $2.5m. Cook will certainly surpass that, but to think these two situations are so different to think that cook can get a long term deal @ $7-$8m per is just nonsense. (unless it is extremely back loaded and he wont ever see the money, then he is dumb)
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Stevie Johnson is recruiting Brandon Gibson. I watched all of Sams Throws yesterday, and I came away how impressed I with Gibson. He has chemistry with Bradford and is a very reliable asset to our team. Gibson should be our number one priority this offseason. I have always been a Gibson fan. He isn't a number one. He is a good number two that I can see blosm in his second year of same offense.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
Dang Stevie Johnson is recruiting Brandon Gibson. I watched all of Sams Throws yesterday, and I came away how impressed I with Gibson. He has chemistry with Bradford and is a very reliable asset to our team. Gibson should be our number one priority this offseason. I have always been a Gibson fan. He isn't a number one. He is a good number two that I can see blosm in his second year of same offense.

Is this a joke?

Brandon Gibson has worked against single coverage his entire time as a Ram and has routinely failed to produce even mediocre results. He's not fast, he's not big, he doesn't have great hands, and he disappears for games or even months at a time.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Is this a joke?

Brandon Gibson has worked against single coverage his entire time as a Ram and has routinely failed to produce even mediocre results. He's not fast, he's not big, he doesn't have great hands, and he disappears for games or even months at a time.

So I'm not the only that has noticed his houdini routine?

Give on Gibson man, it will help you sleep at night.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chiefs released RT Eric Winston.
Winston just signed a four-year, $22 million contract with Kansas City last offseason, but after franchising LT Branden Albert on Monday and there being a plethora of young tackle prospects in the draft, his services were no longer needed. The move saves just $700,000 in cap space. Winston should have plenty of options on the open market. For what it's worth, he's played most of his career in a zone-blocking scheme. A reunion with the Texans would make some sense. The Dolphins, Rams, Ravens, Redskins and Lions also showed interest in him last offseason. His release clears a path for the Chiefs to take one of Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft if they so choose.
Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter Mar 6 - 8:20 PM

Per Rotoworld

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans

Last edited by DEE RAWL on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT Eric Winston was released by the Chiefs today. I don't know how it went for him last season (obviously not great), but I do recall there being interest in him before he signed with Chiefs. I've always liked the guy and thought he was excellent coming into last season.

Any thoughts? Could potentially shore up a HUGE hole we have on the right side prior to the draft.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
RT Eric Winston was released by the Chiefs today. I don't know how it went for him last season (obviously not great), but I do recall there being interest in him before he signed with Chiefs. I've always liked the guy and thought he was excellent coming into last season.

Any thoughts? Could potentially shore up a HUGE hole we have on the right side prior to the draft.

The only thing in question with this would be cap space.

Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

True, but who knows how much he demands on the market at this point. If he was stellar and worth his contract, the Chiefs wouldn't have let him go. I'm thinking his price is down

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

True, but who knows how much he demands on the market at this point. If he was stellar and worth his contract, the Chiefs wouldn't have let him go. I'm thinking his price is down

yeah that is a good point, guess we will have to just wait and see.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Or Andy Reid has officially lost it and is creating more holes on his roster that dont need to be there...

Winston was a good RT last year, not Great, but not bad. They barely saved any cap space this year by cutting him (but did save real cash). Most are surprised and even a bit perturbed at the move.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Or Andy Reid has officially lost it and is creating more holes on his roster that dont need to be there...

Winston was a good RT last year, not Great, but not bad. They barely saved any cap space this year by cutting him (but did save real cash). Most are surprised and even a bit perturbed at the move.

I think this move just shows that they are going to draft Joeckel and put him at RT. They probably think he is the best value at #1.

Reid likes to pass and Winston is a better run blocker, a guy like Joeckel will give Chiefs 2 OT that will be good in pass protection.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I think this move just shows that they are going to draft Joeckel and put him at RT. They probably think he is the best value at #1.
I agree thats what they will do (possibly Fisher tho) but I also think this is another bad move by Reid.

Ill quote someone from the News Forum "This kind of move is how terrible football teams are built." You just cut a guy who was very good last year, while franchising another at the same position just to draft a 3rd? And then are likely to loose Albert now as he isnt going to sign as a RT or G.

First the Smith trade, and now this? Maybe the last 3 years in Philly were just showing Reid doesnt have it anymore, not that he was just in desperation mode trying to save his job.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I agree thats what they will do (possibly Fisher tho) but I also think this is another bad move by Reid.

Ill quote someone from the News Forum "This kind of move is how terrible football teams are built." You just cut a guy who was very good last year, while franchising another at the same position just to draft a 3rd? And then are likely to loose Albert now as he isnt going to sign as a RT or G.

First the Smith trade, and now this? Maybe the last 3 years in Philly were just showing Reid doesnt have it anymore, not that he was just in desperation mode trying to save his job.

I agree, I like the move for the Rams. We had interest in him until we signed Wells, I think it is possible the Rams go after him in FA.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 5 of 101

Jump to: