Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Discussion: Bucs Get Revis, Jets Get #13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hoj398


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 1004
Location: Detroit, Mi
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Quote:
The National Football Post's Dan Pompei reports the Rams are not interested in trading RT Rodger Saffold.
Saffold, a 35-game starter at left tackle, was initially a bit disgruntled over the team's decision to move him to right tackle after the signing of LT Jake Long. Things have reportedly "calmed down," and that showed with Saffold's decision to show up to voluntary workouts last week. Pompei adds that the "expectation" is Saffold will be a Ram for a "long time."


Looks like Saf is back in our corner

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/stl/st-louis-rams


i sure hope so. with Long and Saffold, Watkins, and hopefully Warmack or Cooper we'll have a very good young o-line for years to come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9416
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets and Bucs have agreed in principle to a Darelle Revis deal. The Jets will receive the #13 pick and more in this draft...

This is important to us, because it could mean the Jets could target Tavon Austin with this additional pick now...
_________________

TommyC376 on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoj398


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 1004
Location: Detroit, Mi
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jets and Bucs have agreed in principle to a Darelle Revis deal. The Jets will receive the #13 pick and more in this draft...

This is important to us, because it could mean the Jets could target Tavon Austin with this additional pick now...


they got ROBBED. its for a 1st this year and a 4th next year, which could turn into a 3rd, Revis got 6 years 96 million
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7656
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jets and Bucs have agreed in principle to a Darelle Revis deal. The Jets will receive the #13 pick and more in this draft...

This is important to us, because it could mean the Jets could target Tavon Austin with this additional pick now...


they got ROBBED. its for a 1st this year and a 4th next year, which could turn into a 3rd, Revis got 6 years 96 million
Robbed? How? They had no leverage, they had to trade him. He wasnt coming back and they had already made a big deal about having to move him.

No one was offering anything close to what the Bucs were. Im shocked they got as much as they did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45204
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jets and Bucs have agreed in principle to a Darelle Revis deal. The Jets will receive the #13 pick and more in this draft...

This is important to us, because it could mean the Jets could target Tavon Austin with this additional pick now...


I'd say its the opposite. IMO TB was a bigger threat.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2428
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal for both sides. Tampa helps their horrible pass def on what's basically 6 1 year deals for 16 million per. Jets get a first this year to get an impact player and what should be a 3rd next year for a guy they had to move cause they weren't going to pay him. It is funny though he went for less draft compensation than Harvin.
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trung31


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 888
Location: STL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Rotoworld. Jason Cole thinks we'll take Hopkins if Austin is gone. Thoughts?


According to Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole, the Rams are "likely" to draft either Tavon Austin or DeAndre Hopkins with the No. 16 overall pick.
Presumably, St. Louis prefers Austin. But a number of teams drafting ahead of the Rams could use the all-purpose playmaker, too. The Rams have shown a considerable amount of pre-draft interest in Hopkins, who is more of a reliable possession receiver but with better ball skills and physicality than Austin. This is the first time we've seen Hopkins openly linked to the "teens" area of round one. Apr 21 - 6:41 PM
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2428
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion going on in the draft thread about that very report.
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9416
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trung31 wrote:
Per Rotoworld. Jason Cole thinks we'll take Hopkins if Austin is gone. Thoughts?


According to Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole, the Rams are "likely" to draft either Tavon Austin or DeAndre Hopkins with the No. 16 overall pick.
Presumably, St. Louis prefers Austin. But a number of teams drafting ahead of the Rams could use the all-purpose playmaker, too. The Rams have shown a considerable amount of pre-draft interest in Hopkins, who is more of a reliable possession receiver but with better ball skills and physicality than Austin. This is the first time we've seen Hopkins openly linked to the "teens" area of round one. Apr 21 - 6:41 PM


Jason Cole and Yahoo Sports in general are pretty poor in their approach. I wouldn't read too far into anything being put out there right now...
_________________

TommyC376 on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9416
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see that Rolando McClain was arrested yet again, just weeks after being picked up by the Ravens...

Remember when people thought we should take a chance on him...
_________________

TommyC376 on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3160
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Norris at rotoworld has us moving up with the Titans::

10. Tavon Austin

22. Jonathan Cooper

He makes a few trades that seem realistic

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/43099/344/mondays-mock?pg=2
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17053
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams restructured Chris Long's contract, freeing up 4.5mil.

There's the money we needed in the draft.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boboso20


Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 369
Location: El paso, Tx
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Anyone see that Rolando McClain was arrested yet again, just weeks after being picked up by the Ravens...

Remember when people thought we should take a chance on him...


That guy is a bum and shouldn't even be in the nfl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3715
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
The Rams restructured Chris Long's contract, freeing up 4.5mil.

There's the money we needed in the draft.


Interesting.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brodie


Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1804
Location: Oakland
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
The Rams restructured Chris Long's contract, freeing up 4.5mil.

There's the money we needed in the draft.


Interesting.


Not sure I like that, hopefully it doesnt bite us in the future
_________________


Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 99 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group