Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Discussion (Around the League)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
McShay's newest mock has us taking Tyler freaking Eifert at 6.

What a monster fail

Tyler Eifert is going to be a very very good player, but you're right.

Completely agree.

I wouldn't be overly upset though, we could do a lot worse than drafting a very, very good player at 6.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
mchjstnk wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Such a strong TE class that as much as I like Eifert, taking him anywhere in the first I wouldn't be happy with.

Gavin Escobar, Travis Kelce, Vance Mcdonald are great value if we can get one of them in the 3rd or even 4th.

Those three will not be even close to the type of player Eifert will be. I would have no problem with drafting Eifert, I dont think I would do it at #6 though. Obviously a trade down to 11 or 12 and I would do it in a heartbeat.

But they will be good players imo and the disparity isn't enough to justify an early 1st round pick being used over a 3rd or 4th.

Eifert is in my opinion by far the best TE prospect in this draft and h the chance to be a much better player in the NFL.

Eiffert is the #1 offensive player that I would put on the browns big board. Especailly in trade down scenarios.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but picking a TE in the top ten is dumb.

Like other mentioned, there are only a couple all time that I would spend a top ten pick on.

Not to mention all reports are that Cameron is coming on strong.

Maybe if this guy was touted as an all world prospect, but he's not.

There are far bigger needs and there are players just as good as him who fill those needs.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Like other mentioned, there are only a couple all time that I would spend a top ten pick on.

There are far bigger needs and there are players just as good as him who fill those needs.

This

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

This I like Eifert, but I would take him late teens early 20's there really is not much that seperates him from the likes of Zach Ertz, Vance Mcdonald

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

zelbell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only way i'm picking a TE in the top 10 if he's a Gronk-like player in terms of ability, where he's a beast blocker and also a very good receiver

I'm not taking Eifert in the top 10 because he is a terrible blocker as evidenced by him playing out wide for Notre Dame all season

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: stay tuned?
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seahawks gave Kam Chancellor a 4 year 28 million dollar extension, could possibly set the market for a deal for TJ

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
the only way i'm picking a TE in the top 10 if he's a Gronk-like player in terms of ability, where he's a beast blocker and also a very good receiver

I'm not taking Eifert in the top 10 because he is a terrible blocker as evidenced by him playing out wide for Notre Dame all season

His blocking is my issue as well.

I've said it before, but I'd rather have a guy who is a better blocker than receiver if forced to choose one or the other. Heath Miller for example.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listening to ESPN Cleveland today they were talking about this McShay Mock with us taking Tyler Eifert but they said it had us trading down for him

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
listening to ESPN Cleveland today they were talking about this McShay Mock with us taking Tyler Eifert but they said it had us trading down for him

No he had him at six

buno67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:

No he had him at six

well I swear I heard McShay talking on an ESPN 850 show today and they were saying it was a trade down to get Eifert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
zelbell wrote:

His blocking is my issue as well.

I've said it before, but I'd rather have a guy who is a better blocker than receiver if forced to choose one or the other. Heath Miller for example.

funny you say that

Quote:
COMPARES TO: Heath Miller, TE, Steelers - While more athletic than Miller, Eifert has a similar skill-set with his ability to make tough catches in tight spaces, winning one-on-one situations. Also has the speed to be a threat vertically or down the seam.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664437/tyler-eifert

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:

No he had him at six

well I swear I heard McShay talking on an ESPN 850 show today and they were saying it was a trade down to get Eifert

6. Cleveland Browns

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

buno67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
buno67 wrote:

No he had him at six

6. Cleveland Browns

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

yeah ive seen the blog and stuff but I remember hearing it on the radio and thinking back to this thread because it was saying they want a trade down for the browns to get him

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way the salary structures for top picks has changed, the argument against guards, tight ends etc has changed a bit. It used to be completely unreasonable to take a guard or tight end that high, because you were instantly making them the highest paid player in the league at their position, on top of the opportunity costs of passing on another player. The pick could only really be worth it if they were a good QB or DL, really good WR or LT, or an absolute stud RB or non-DL defender.

Now if you draft someone like Eifert at six, and hes a stud, you are still paying him less than what the top of the line Tight Ends make, so its fair.

The argument is now purely opportunity cost. You are giving up the opportunity to draft someone who plays a more important position at a discount to what the great players at their position make.

I think its still too risky to not take potential stud defender in the top ten, because in this draft it seems the defensive guys will be the steals in top 10. Eifert will probably be really good, but I'd rather go a different avenue. Hes not special enough for a top 10 spot. Like other guys said, unless you are getting Graham or Gronk, top ten for a tight end isnt particularly exciting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 60 of 61

Jump to: