Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Abraham
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: John Abraham Reply with quote

If you don't know, he was released by the Falcons today.

Normally I'm not one to start a thread about FAs, but I think Abraham to the Dolphins makes a lot of sense. Granted, he'd only be a band-aid here as he's 34, but it would give us a good rotational pass rusher that we desperately need on the other side of Wake. He's coming off a 10 sack, 6 FF year so he hasn't regressed much so if we can sign him to a decent 2-3 year deal, it would allow us to focus on offense this draft.

Discuss.

Nacho Simulation Football League
pope137

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay with a Miami favorable 2 year deal. It would allow us to continue to develop Vernon and maybe another rookie or even wait a year to draft another. We have a ton of needs so productive bandaids at the right price are okay with me as long as we take the steps to prevent a mess at that position when he leaves.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:
I'm okay with a Miami favorable 2 year deal. It would allow us to continue to develop Vernon and maybe another rookie or even wait a year to draft another. We have a ton of needs so productive bandaids at the right price are okay with me as long as we take the steps to prevent a mess at that position when he leaves.

Considering Wake is also 31, its questionable how long he can stay around too. Definitely we'd have to spend some late round picks at the position for the future, but I definitely think we may have a future starter in Vernon. Love the way the kid plays on ST, think he could be a beast for us if he can develop.

But Wake & Abraham would be a solid two guys for at least a few seasons while we groom younger DEs. I could see us offering a front-loaded 2-year deal to Abraham considering all the cap space we have.

Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: John Abraham Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

Normally I'm not one to start a thread about FAs, but I think Abraham to the Dolphins makes a lot of sense. Granted, he'd only be a band-aid here as he's 34, but it would give us a good rotational pass rusher that we desperately need on the other side of Wake. He's coming off a 10 sack, 6 FF year so he hasn't regressed much so if we can sign him to a decent 2-3 year deal, it would allow us to focus on offense this draft.

Discuss.

Abeham is so old I'm remember reading about him in the Bible. So, pass on acquiring him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: John Abraham Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Discuss.

Abeham is so old I'm remember reading about him in the Bible. So, pass on acquiring him.

He's only a few years older than Wake ...

Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we grab a vet I would rather take Freeny...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. He is often injured and has lost a step. I don't even want to waste my time

UniversalAuthor
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: John Abraham Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Abraham is so old I'm remember reading about him in the Bible. So, pass on acquiring him.

Laughing Nice!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:

Often injured...? He's only missed two regular season games in the last six years, dude. Sure ... he's had some nicks that caused him to get reduced play time but I wouldn't call him injury prone by any stretch.

Also he is coming off a year where he played all 16 games while getting 10 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, and 7 pass deflections. He may not be quite as good as he was a few years ago, but the guy is still playing at a high level.

Blagasse67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

Often injured...? He's only missed two regular season games in the last six years, dude. Sure ... he's had some nicks that caused him to get reduced play time but I wouldn't call him injury prone by any stretch.

Also he is coming off a year where he played all 16 games while getting 10 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, and 7 pass deflections. He may not be quite as good as he was a few years ago, but the guy is still playing at a high level.

He was in and out of games this year. I just don't see him as worth it. Right now we need to focus on getting younger

UniversalAuthor
Deadeye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather not.

-He's running on fumes at age 34.

-I don't see Abraham being around if/when Miami ever makes a playoff run since we won't be a contender in 2013.

-We're hopefully going to have a young DE from the draft that will need the reps.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll mention another name that we could sign. Michael Bennett. Still young at 28 and has pass rush ability.

UniversalAuthor
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were a contender, yes, but we are not 1-2 positions away from a SB, this would be dead money.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as DE goes ... it's either dude from Cincinnati or the draft. So that's a NO to Abraham ... LEt a playoff team rent him for a season or two.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
As far as DE goes ... it's either dude from Cincinnati or the draft. So that's a NO to Abraham ... LEt a playoff team rent him for a season or two.

dude from cincy getting the tag
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: