Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Guys Rams Should Target in Free Agency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: 5 Guys Rams Should Target in Free Agency Reply with quote

Here are names of 5 guys that won't wow anybody, but fill needs on the team at most likely lower rates. These guys are on the right side of 30, have played for coaches that are on the Rams staff currently (except for Walker), and know the scheme well. 

Shonn Greene RB NYJ- A younger, most likely cheaper alternative to Jackson. Had same amount of yards as Jackson and twice the TDs. Good insurance plan in case Pead/Richardson can't step up and fill the lead role. 

Delanie Walker TE 49ers- A do it all winning player. From special teams to blocking he does all the small things that it takes to win. Former college WR has good speed. May not be a number 1 TE, but is a winning player. 

Matt Slauson LG NYJ- Solid LG. Fills a huge hole. 

Matt Shaghnessy Oak- Cheaper alternative to William Hayes. Had 7 sacks in 2010, 4 last year

Justin Durant SLB Det- Solid SLB coming off a 100 tackle season
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thanks on Shonn Greene. I think Richardson and Pead could out produce him as soon as next year.
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Guys Rams Should Target in Free Agency Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
Matt Shaghnessy Oak- Cheaper alternative to William Hayes. Had 7 sacks in 2010, 4 last year

We want Hayes back.
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Brink I would pay two cents to have Greene on our team and stunt the growth of our youngsters.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to see Durant come here

^El Ramster^
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
no thanks on Shonn Greene. I think Richardson and Pead could out produce him as soon as next year.

Greene would be an insurance policy if those 2 don't produce. He also would complement the other 2 very well.
FRO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Guys Rams Should Target in Free Agency Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
FRO wrote:

We want Hayes back.

I understand, but are you willing to give him starters money? At what price do you pay a non-starter when the offense needs attention in the starter department.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRO wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:

Greene would be an insurance policy if those 2 don't produce. He also would complement the other 2 very well.

we don't need an insurance policy imo. I think Richardson showed what he could do early last year and Pead still has tons of athletic ability. Plus most of the analysts who broke down Pead last year were impressed with his explosion and pass blocking.

I think all of us get caught up with trying to sign veterans too much and we need to trust Snead and his scouts evaluations(one of the NFL.com analysts said that the young gms at the combine were extremely impressive but even amongst them Snead stood out as the most intelligent, thoughtful, driven one). I think Snead knows what he's doing and I think Pead and Richardson will do very well as our rb combo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: