Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draftnik Mocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Well I disagree with what appears to be your conclusion Jersey. The problem isn't that Kyle Rudolph hasn't lived up to his potential so much as, just like with your Alex Smith example, Kyle Rudolph simply was overrated as a player coming out. You watch Rudolph play and there is honestly nothing impressive about him. Physically he's just a guy who's 6'6, and height tends to be overrated in the NFL. His run after the catch ability is non-existent, he's not very powerful, doesn't play with much agility, he's just another meh Tight End like Dustin Keller and many others.

I also don't buy at all that Rudolph is being held back in Minnesota. If anything, as has often occurred, teams with weak Quarterbacks and/or weak wide receivers like with Minnesota tend to have Tight Ends with inflated stats. Most Tight End routes are much easier throws for Quarterbacks too so it makes sense for a lesser QB to target them(like how often Sanchez throws to mediocrity Dustin Keller). The reality I think is that Kyle Rudolph just isn't all that good a player and that "draft experts" were wrong. I think the Tight End and Safety positions in particular are too often misunderstood by draft experts and even by NFL teams.

Anti, you know better than this. You have a smart football mind and are completely neglecting the biggest issue regard Ponder.

You know very well that a QB that can drive the football to the outside receivers open up plenty of holes for the TE. Because Ponder is so poor in throwing the ball outside, the box gets clogged, leaving not much room for Rudolf to move around. Obviously, AP plays a big role in this but it doesnt take away from Ponders lack of skills.

I watched the Vikings play a couple times last year and came up very unimpressed with Ponder but very impressed with the offensive unit as a whole. I believe that if they had a QB that can extend the defense another 5-10 yards, that team would be really good. Rudolf does see a lot of targets but the footballs hes thrown are usually in tough windows and without a lot of room to run.

Tyler Eifert to me is a physical specimen that can catch the football as good as he can be an asset in the run game. The ND offense certainly doesnt help his draft stock. If he played in Stanfords offense (in place of Ertz), I guarantee everyone would be all over him. Hes got the physical abilities that Gronk had coming out but needs to polish them more.

I haven't followed the TE's much, but as I see it isn't Eifert more likely to be long gone at 28, and Ertz having a good shot at being available.

I agree with you JF that Eifert is the better pass catcher and playmaker at the position. Its just been in my mind that he'll be gone probabaly in the early 20s at the latest.

I agree with you 100%, elliot. I dont see a way that he falls to #28.

IMO, I see teams like the Chargers (#11), Panthers (#14), Steelers (#17), Cowboys (#18 ), Giants (#19), Bears (#20), Rams (#22), and Texans (#27), all being a good fit for him before our pick.

Reason I am speaking the way that I am is because if Eifert did fall to #28, I would think long and hard about taking him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love how this mock played out for Denver:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Round 1 - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
Round 2 - Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
bobdevine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock draft used other mock drafts as input to find the the consensus pick:
Quote:
28. Denver Broncos: Desmond Trufant, Cornerback, Washington, 31 percent

Other Options: Damontre Moore, 19 percent; Bjoern Werner, 13 percent; Sylvester Williams, 13 percent

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/43778736
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:

I'd pray for this to happen although I still don't think we should grab a safety, in the 2nd at least.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:

I'd pray for this to happen although I still don't think we should grab a safety, in the 2nd at least.

Yeah I'd be on cloud 9 with Moore and Cyprien as our first two picks!

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the final days before the draft, here's a couple more mocks:

Local sport writers pick for their team:
Quote:
28. DENVER (Mike Klis, Denver Post) Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama: "Lacy would be the last piece to an offensive powerhouse. He would replace an aging Willis McGahee."

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/20/sports/la-sp-nfl-mock-draft-20130421

A survey of multiple mocks:
Quote:
Tank Carradine, DE, FSU 24% of Broncos Mock Drafts
Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU 10% of Broncos Mock Drafts
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M 8% of Broncos Mock Drafts
Datone Jones, DE, UCLA 8% of Broncos Mock Drafts
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington 8% of Broncos Mock Drafts
Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State 6% of Broncos Mock Drafts

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/4/22/4250346/broncos-six-pack-breaking-down-the-broncos-top-draft-prospects
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
In the final days before the draft, here's a couple more mocks:

Local sport writers pick for their team:
Quote:
28. DENVER (Mike Klis, Denver Post) Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama: "Lacy would be the last piece to an offensive powerhouse. He would replace an aging Willis McGahee."

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/20/sports/la-sp-nfl-mock-draft-20130421

Gosh I hope Klis is wrong. Te'o or a RB at #28 are the only things we could do this week that would upset me.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: