Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draftnik Mocks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
RazorStar wrote:
I honestly think Alex Okafor would be the best pick we could make. It moves Wolfe inside and makes our pass rush like three times better. Plus when the best DE in the draft falls to you, you have to take him, right?

Opinions of that guy are so polarizing. I can't get a good feel, everyone says different things.

I really like him as far as DE goes this draft. He or Carradine make a lot of sense IF Doom is gone.

DE makes since even if Doom stays at a reduced price. It actually kills two birds with one stone (sliding Wolfe in). Its just a matter of how good the players available at 28 are.

Carradine might be the best DE in this entire draft. I'm 90% sure he'll be around. If not, Okafor isn't too bad either.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
RazorStar wrote:
I honestly think Alex Okafor would be the best pick we could make. It moves Wolfe inside and makes our pass rush like three times better. Plus when the best DE in the draft falls to you, you have to take him, right?

Opinions of that guy are so polarizing. I can't get a good feel, everyone says different things.

I really like him as far as DE goes this draft. He or Carradine make a lot of sense IF Doom is gone.
I think Okafor is a good player. He needs to add about 15-20 pounds of bulk and play LE in a 4-3. He has great leverage and violent hands. He is already a good player against the run. Not a great burst of the edge, but he is a good pass rusher. I would be OK with him.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Carradine might be the best DE in this entire draft. I'm 90% sure he'll be around. If not, Okafor isn't too bad either.

He is my favorite DE.

I think the FO has made it clear that they are cool with having a base package and a pass package. So, IMO we keep Wolfe at DE in base and continue sliding him inside in pass. We need two new players though, a new base DT who eats blocks and stuffs the run and another interior pass rusher to pair with Wolfe. Thats how I would do it at least.
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
RazorStar wrote:

Datone Jones is one I like. He's probably getting overdrafted because Des in class are sucky. Though i know some question his bend to get around OTs effectively enough. Though his build always could bulk him up 20lbs and make him a fulltime DT.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Datone Jones one of the few ill be upset if we pick. Too much Robert Ayers in him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a month to go, here's a sampling of mock drafts:

Pat Kirwan - Johnathan Hankins, DT
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/fullnflmockdraft-PatKirwan

Pete Prisco - Jesse Williams, DT
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/fullnflmockdraft-PetePrisco

Charley Casserly - DaMontre Moore, DE
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/170651

NFP - Sam Montgomery, DE
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Mock-Draft-Version-90.html

Don Banks - Tank Carradine, DE
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130327/nfl-mock-draft-3/

Looking at other lists of mock drafts, most have the Broncos taking a defensive player at #28.
http://www.dcprosportsreport.com/MockDraft.htm
http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php
http://sportsjabber.net/mock-draft-database/
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Datone Jones one of the few ill be upset if we pick. Too much Robert Ayers in him.

Nothing like Ayers. He's more physical. Plays a natural 5-tech at UCLA.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carradine doesn't do anything for me. Coming off ACL Tear, most of his experience is JUCO, 1 year starting D-1.

Alex Okafor is Robert Ayers but 10 pounds lighter. Anyone expecting him to come in and be a sack guy will be sorely disappointed.

Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, or bust in the first round.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I don't know much about college prospects. What I'm gathering from reading everyone's posts and mock drafts is that a defensive player should/will be taken at #28. Is there greater 'need' on this side of the ball?

Our slot seems to be in no-man's-land as far as the available defensive talent that will be on the board. It seems everyone is clamoring over someone else. I see some saying that a big board second round is difficult to prioritize because the talent is similar. How does the offensive side grade out at #28? Who could be available that would be good value...even if we already have a good starter in this role (WR for example)?

If everyone pegs Denver for a defensive player at 28, but there is better value for the offensive side of the ball why not go straight BPA instead of BPA at a position of need? Take the defensive BPA at position of need in the second since the talent is sim; maybe trade up to get the proper value.

Maybe it's already been discussed, but what offensive prospects have mid to late first round grades? Linemen, WR's, TE's, RB's?

Just curious about a draft day surprise.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

What I meant was he's not going to get to the quarterback from a 4-3 DE spot, just like Ayers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
First off, I don't know much about college prospects. What I'm gathering from reading everyone's posts and mock drafts is that a defensive player should/will be taken at #28. Is there greater 'need' on this side of the ball?

Our slot seems to be in no-man's-land as far as the available defensive talent that will be on the board. It seems everyone is clamoring over someone else. I see some saying that a big board second round is difficult to prioritize because the talent is similar. How does the offensive side grade out at #28? Who could be available that would be good value...even if we already have a good starter in this role (WR for example)?

If everyone pegs Denver for a defensive player at 28, but there is better value for the offensive side of the ball why not go straight BPA instead of BPA at a position of need? Take the defensive BPA at position of need in the second since the talent is sim; maybe trade up to get the proper value.

Maybe it's already been discussed, but what offensive prospects have mid to late first round grades? Linemen, WR's, TE's, RB's?

Just curious about a draft day surprise.

Well, I certainly don't think we're in no man's land where we pick. In fact, we're guaranteed a good player at DT, CB, S, or DE.

Offensively I'm not sure what position we would even pick. OL? Probably not. We have guards and a center. We have our tackles. Doesn't seem logical there. RB? Only Eddie Lacy, and while RB is a need, we can easily get a back in another round. WR? Maybe, and I think it's a darkhorse pick here, but after Welker, I think a later pick (2nd or 3rd) is more likely. If we do take a guy in the first at WR it'd probably be someone like DeAndre Hopkins

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

What I meant was he's not going to get to the quarterback from a 4-3 DE spot, just like Ayers.

This is true. Jones would have to move to DT if he played here. However, Ive said the same thing for Derek Wolfe too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Carradine doesn't do anything for me. Coming off ACL Tear, most of his experience is JUCO, 1 year starting D-1.

Alex Okafor is Robert Ayers but 10 pounds lighter. Anyone expecting him to come in and be a sack guy will be sorely disappointed.

Why does eveybody want to compare DE's to Robert Ayers? Okafor is a far more polished player in college than Ayers ever was. Okafor can also rush the passer far more effectively. Not saying he will be a great pass rusher, but surely he will come up with more than 6.5 sacks in his first four seasons. I expect Okafor to make a fine LE who can play the run well and get you 6-8 sacks a year.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Why does eveybody want to compare DE's to Robert Ayers? Okafor is a far more polished player in college than Ayers ever was. Okafor can also rush the passer far more effectively. Not saying he will be a great pass rusher, but surely he will come up with more than 6.5 sacks in his first four seasons. I expect Okafor to make a fine LE who can play the run well and get you 6-8 sacks a year.
That's probably what his ceiling is and it's not what we're looking for. Von Miller and Derek Wolfe get those snaps at LE.

Alex Okafor is a lot like Ayers. Just with better production. Datone Jones is nothing like Ayers and I don't know why people made that comparison.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

That's probably what his ceiling is and it's not what we're looking for. Von Miller and Derek Wolfe get those snaps at LE.

Alex Okafor is a lot like Ayers. Just with better production. Datone Jones is nothing like Ayers and I don't know why people made that comparison.

Agreed once again. Datone Jones is, in some ways, more like Derek Wolfe. Not the best comparison, but he's a tweener DE/DT. A poor man's Justin Tuck?

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: