Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first mock here: 2 rounds w/ trades
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: My first mock here: 2 rounds w/ trades Reply with quote

First and foremost, let me say I am new around here, although only in terms of having an account. As a Jagaur fan who has not had a ton to look forward to during the season, I have as of late been super involved in following the draft process and have always been a fan of reading mock drafts.
Having gotten that out of the way, let me just say that mock drafts I post are not always intended to be a serious attempt at being accurate. I often times like to throw in interesting scenarios I have thought up, be it trades or just shocking draft choices.
---------------------------------------------------------
TRADES
• Kansas City trades #1 to Buffalo for #8, #42, and 2014 first rounder: I doubt this happens, and the compensation KC gets might be totally off, but I feel that with Alex Smith headed to KC and no lock for the #1 overall pick, KC would definitely embrace moving out of the #1 spot. From Buffalo’s perspective, they definitely want a new QB, and with Oakland, Arizona, and even Cleveland and Jacksonville as threats to nab the top QB in the draft, Buffalo makes the move up to #1 for their franchise QB.
• New York Jets trade Revis to Cincinnati for #21 and #37: Once again, I doubt this happens, but I think that barring some cap maneuvering by other teams, the Bengals make a lot of sense for projecting a Revis trade this offseason; the Bengals could use a CB and they have a load of cap space to pay Revis. Right now, with Revis looking for a major payday as well as the substantial injury he suffered, NYJ probably wouldn’t get a lot more than a first and second, despite how good Revis actually is. That is why I do think they are best to wait until the trade deadline to move him.
• Atlanta trades #30 to New York Jets for #37 and #74: Jets move into the bottom of the first to make sure they nab the QB they want among the second tier of guys. Atlanta, not being overly enamored with any of the guys available at #30, happily obliges and pick up a 3rd round pick in the process.
• Philadelphia trades #35 to the 49ers for #63, #76, #152: The 49ers have an abundance of picks and more than likely will package some to move up for players they really want. Needing to focus on boosting their secondary, SF moves up to get the 2nd and 3rd pick of the second round, as there will be good players they will covet at those spots.

ROUND #1

1. BUF(v/KC): Geno Smith QB – Fitzpatrick is not the answer, and Geno is the #1 QB in the class. You don’t win in the NFL without a QB, and Buffalo knows that. (As is, I think Buffalo can actually be quite a good team if only they had a good QB)
2. JAX: Dion Jordan LEO – At this point, I think pass rusher is almost a lock for the Jagaurs in the first round. I probably most prefer Ansah if only because he is such a blank slate and Bradley could mold him as he pleases, but as it stands, I think Jordan makes the most sense. With his size, speed, coverage ability, etc., he seems to be the best option for the LEO role.
3. OAK: Shariff Floyd DT – Floyd to Oakland seems to be a trendy pick right now, but I do think it makes sense. With a lot of needs on the defensive side, get the best defensive player available. Floyd has been rising, and with Lotulelei’s supposed heart condition, I think Floyd is the best DT in the class right now.
4. PHI: Eric Fisher OT – While I actually have Fisher as the #1 OT right now, even if Joeckel was better, I like Fisher more playing in the offense Kelly will likely implement. He is the more athletic OT and should be more effective for the Eagles under Kelly.
5. DET: Luke Joeckel OT – While people are suggesting Milliner won’t makes it past the Lions, I am thinking they do not anticipate Joeckel or Fisher to be there. The Lions did take Reiff just one year ago, but he is better suited for RT and Joeckel is just a phenomenal LT who should come in and be effective immediately. A good CB could be had later on.
6. CLE: Ziggy Ansah OLB – I think Ansah is going to be a stud, and he could really turn into whatever the coaching staff wants him to be. His Senior Bowl performance, coupld with his combine showed me that he could become a really good 3-4 OLB, which I would envision him as under Horton in Cleveland.
7. ARI: Matt Barkley QB – I am buying into the rumor that Barkley is not getting past Arizona (assuming Geno is gone). Arians has a way with QBs, and Barkley showed a lot of talent prior to this past season. Between having Arians as his HC, and Fitz/Floyd as his top 2 WRs, I could see Arizona as THE ideal landing spot for Barkley, and the team that makes the most sense for him to go to as a first round pick.
8. KC(v/BUF): Dee Milliner CB – Getting one of the top tackles would certainly be nice, but by making sure Albert is back next year, KC allows itself to get the best player at this spot, and Milliner fits the bill. With good size, speed, and overall ability, grabbing Milliner makes a load of sense for the Chiefs.
9. NYJ: Barkevious Mingo OLB – The Jets would have loved to take Milliner to “replace” Revis, but they can’t so they grab the explosive pass rusher from LSU. Rex should have loads of fun getting this guy for his defense.
10. TEN: Chance Warmack OG – Perhaps the best OG prospect in recent history, Warmack is an OG who definitely deserves to go early. Tennessee needs to build up that O-Line if they want to help CJ in the running game and Locker develop as a passer.
11. SD: Lane Johnson OT – It is not a secret that SD could upgrade their O-Line, and Lane Johnson is really impressing people. He could even go earlier, but in this scenario he falls to a team that will REALLY benefit from his abilities.
12. MIA: Björn Werner DE – Miami needs to rush the passer and Werner is pretty good at doing it. While I will say that he is overrated by most, he is still a very good player who can be very effective opposite Wake.
13. TB: Star Lotulelei DT – Ecstatic that he falls, TB rushes to the podium to grab Lotulelei. If not for the heart issue, he would likely be a top 5 pick. While Richardson is also a consideration, I think Lotulelei would pair better with McCoy.
14. CAR: Sheldon Richardson DT – Also in need of DT help, Carolina rushes to draft the DT the Bucs pass on. As it is, I think Richardson is the guy who makes more sense for the Panthers, so this worked out well for both of them.
15. NO: Jarvis Jones OLB – The Ryans love themselves some 3-4 OLBs, and each one gets a really good player to fill that spot in their defense. I am not overly high on Jones, even without considering his medical condition, but as a mid first rounder, he presents good value to a team that needs a really good OLB for their new defense.
16. STL: Kenny Vaccaro FS – With no real viable options at OT or OLB, I think STL nabs the best FS on the board. I have encountered people who do not like any S in the first round, but Vaccaro is really good in my opinion, and makes a lot of sense at the spot for STL.
17. PIT: Damontre Moore OLB – Pittsburgh could definitely afford to get younger and better at the OLB position. While Moore had a very forgettable combine, he is still a very talented football player who can get after the passer.
18. DAL: Jonathan Cooper OG – Dallas needs help at the interior spots on the O-Line. Cooper is a hell of a football player who should be able to provide that help.
19. NYG: Xavier Rhodes CB – As a NY-er who sees a lot of Giants games, I cannot recall the last time I have been overly impressed with a CB on the team. Rhodes happens to be a very good football player who I really like. In time, a trio or Amukamara/Rhodes/Hosley could be REALLY good.
20. CHI: DJ Fluker OT – The O-Line is bad enough in Chicago to warrant a RT at #20. It so happens, Fluker is also as dominant a RT prospect as I recall, and while Carimi was only draftes 2 years ago, this line needs a much talent as possible, and positions could be figured out afterward.
21. NYJ(v/CIN): Desmond Trufant CB – The Jets “replace” Revis with one of the more intriguing CB prospects in this draft. In my opinion, he could end up as the most effective CB out of this year’s draft.
22. STL(v/WAS): Cordarelle Patterson WR – I think that the Rams need to help Bradford as much as possible if they want to contend with SF and SEA in the NFC West.
23. MIN: Keenan Allen WR – I like Ponder and want him to succeed. The Minnesota front office likes him too and even if Harbin is still there, they need to get Ponder a really good WR to throw the ball to.
24. IND: Jesse Williams NT – Pagano worked in Baltimore and knows how important goo D-Linemand are to a defense. Without a real solid option at NT, Williams can immediately come in and upgrade the position. Josh Chapman, another former Crimson Tide should be able to be a good DE for the defense.
25. SEA: Tyler Eifert TE – If Allen fell, I figure he would be the pick, but since he is not there, Eifert is a huge upgrade to the TE spot and he presents another weapon for Wilson to utilize.
26. GB: Tavon Austin WR – Whether or not he is a similar player to Cobb, Austin would make the GB offense even more dangerous than it already is. As it stands, I never really saw GB as being traditional in terms of #1 WR, #2 WR, etc., so replacing Jennings with Austin seems like a reasonable thing to consider.
27. HOU: Alec Ogletree ILB – Ogletree has baggage, but he also has enormous talent. The rich only get richer, as Houston’s defense will greatly benefit from Ogletree lining up inside at ILB.
28. DEN: Kawann Short DT – Denver doesn’t seem to find MLB as THAT big of a need, so I passed on Minter/Te’o. DT is definitely a need, and at this point I think Short is the best DT available, everything considered.
29. NE: Datone Jones DE – Datone Jones is a really good player who should immediately sure up the DE spot opposite Chandler Jones
30. NYJ(v/ATL): Mike Glennon QB – So who is the best QB after Geno and Barkley? I think that when consistent, Glennon can be extremely good. I personally prefer Tyler Wilson, but his tiny hands coupled with him being a bit short, drop him enough in my opinion that Glennon ends up the pick.
31. SF: Margus Hunt DE – The Eastern Block is almost the epitome of potential. Playing for Harbaugh, Fangio, and Tomsula, I really think Hunt can become insanely good and effective.
32. BAL: Kevin Minter MLB – Just like the Jets can only “replace” Revis, the Ravens certainly can only “replace” Ray Lewis. Minter is certainly a better option in my opinion than Te’o.

ROUND #2
33. JAX: Jonnthan Banks CB – Banks really seems to fit the mold of what Bradley likes in his CBs. Banks is big with long arms and can play press coverage well.
34. SF(v/KC): Matt Elam SS – Whitner is just not that good and should be replaced. Elam is a really good player who should be a good start in terms of revamping the secondary in SF.
35. SF(v/PHI): Jamar Taylor CB ¬– CB is also a position that needs improving in San Francisco. Taylor is moving his way up boards and in my opinon would be a solid fit in San Francisco, and yet another step in the right direction for this secondary.
36. DET: Alex Okafor DE – With SF moving up to take the best CB available, Detroit will have to wait yet again to get a CB. Luckily a first round talent is sitting there at DE, another position that could be upgraded in Detroit.
37. ATL(v/ NYJ v/CIN v/OAK): Sam Montgomery DE – A guy who makes sense at #30 had the Falcons not moved down, Montgomery fills a major need for the Falcons.
38. ARI: Terron Armstead OT – It is not often a potential franchise LT is there in the early second, and having their QB, the Cardinals run to grab who they hope can be the LT of the future for this team. Playing weak competition is the big knock on Armstead, but other than that he has a lot of athleticism and talent, and could really become a very good player at the next level.
39. CLE
40. NYJ: Eddie Lacy RB – Shonn Greene is not very good, and having a really good running game will help the Jets while Glennon(since I really think Sanchez is garbage and should not start) develops/refines his game.
41. TEN: David Amerson CB – I have been a fan of Amerson, and while I do think his combine showed he could play CB in the NFL, even if he needs to move to S, Tennessee can plug him in to fill a position of need.
42. KC(v/BUF): Manti Te’o ILB - …and Te’o is finally off the board! With the unfortunate Jovan Belcher incident, ILB became a need for KC. Te’o probably fits better as a 3-4 ILB than 4-3 MLB.
43. MIA: Larry Warford OG – Miami could afford to upgrade the interior of their O-Line and Warford is a very good player to do just that.
44. TB: Logan Ryan CB – It is not often that a college coach that goes on to the NFL drafts his player from college, but I think with a need for CB in Tampa, and Ryan being available, the Schiano-Ryan match makes sense here.
45. CAR: Kyle Long OT – Needing help on at RT, and inside at OG, Long makes sense. He should be able to be a good RT at the next level, and even if not, he almost certainly has the ability to be very effective inside.
46. NO
47. SD: Jordan Poyer CB – With two starting CBs that are old and free agents, San Diego will definitely look to draft a CB relatively early. Poyer is a good player who should be able to start immediately.
48. STL: Khaseem Greene OLB – St. Louis, say hello to you new strong-side LB.
49. DAL: Johnathan Hankins DT – Hankins is a very talented football player, who I think will drop for a bunch of reasons.
50. PIT: Eric Reid FS – Pittsburgh has to start thinking about the days when 33 year old Ryan Clark and 31 year old Troy Polamalu just aren’t starting caliber players anymore. They start now and bring in Reid.
51. NYG: Arthur Brown OLB – The Giants could really use an upgrade (or two) at OLB. Arthur Brown is just that.
52. CHI: Zach Ertz TE – Having added a major talent to the O-Line, now it is time to help Cutler by getting him amother offensive weapon. Even though Jeffery is there, Cutler seems to target Marshall way too much. A TE like Ertz should help him start looking elsewhere and get this offense to live up to its potential.
53. WAS: Jonathan Cyprien SS – Name a position in the secondary, and the Redskins have a huge need at it. Cyprien, in my opinion, makes the most sense at this spot.
54. MIN: Sio Moore OLB - In need of an OLB, the Vikings should be thrilled to get an OLB like Moore to add to this team.
55. CIN: Tank Carradine DE – With Geathers and Johnson set to hit free agency, the Bengals snatch up an extremely explosive pass rusher to help compensate.
56. MIA(v/IND) : DeAndre Hopkins WR – While I do not mean to come off as disrespectful to him, Brian Hartline should not be the #1 WR option on a football team.
57. GB: Barrett Jones C/OG – With Saturday retiring, GB could use a C, and Jones is likely the best one in the draft.
58. SEA: Menelik Watson OT – The Seahawks can afford to upgrade the RT spot, and Watson is a raw player with tremendous upside.
59. HOU: John Jenkins NT - NT happens to be one position that could use upgrading on Houston’s defense. With a guy like Jenkins falling, this seems like a no-brainer.
60. DEN: Darius Slay CB – Champ Bailey is 34, Tracy Porter is a free agent, and this team can really use a good young CB. Slay fits the bill and could even end up the better of the two Mississippi St. CBs in the draft.
61. NE: Robert Woods WR – Lloyd was a disappointment, and Welker very well is out of NE. Woods is (one of) the most polished WRs in the draft this year, and should do very well with Brady as his QB.
62. ATL: Giovani Bernard RB – Turner is not a starting RB anymore, and Koetter’s offense definitely benefits when it has a really good RB in it. Bernard makes a lot of sense at the spot.
63. PHI(v/SF): EJ Manuel QB – Vick is back and Dixon was brought in, but EJ Manuel can be the long term answer at QB for Chip Kelly.
64. BAL: Travis Frederick C – Birk retired, and Frederick is a very good C from a university known for their offensive lineman.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice Bears picks
SquadraOvest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this Niners draft. If Datone slips for some reason, I see him over Hunt, and I could also see a trade-up to make this happen. The trade with Philly also makes a lot of sense.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theindianstud12 wrote:
Very Nice Bears picks
Thank you.

SquadraOvest wrote:
Like this Niners draft. If Datone slips for some reason, I see him over Hunt, and I could also see a trade-up to make this happen. The trade with Philly also makes a lot of sense.
I like Datone Jones, although personally I like him a lot more in the 4-3. Hunt on the other hand, I LOVE in the 3-4. I think that with the right coaching, which I did note I think SF has, he can be a truly dominant NFL player. While I would not suggest he will be Justin Smith, if Hunt becomes what I think he can, Niner fans will be able to feel much calmer when Smith chooses to hang up his jersey and call it a career
Heymangold

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as i hate trading Revis, especially within the AFC, i think i could live with that trade and draft.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay with Okafor, but Warrford is the better player.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Barkley rumors are nothing but smokescreen. He struggles in all of the areas that Arians emphasizes in his passing games (Getting outside the pocket resetting and throwing. Hitting the tight intermediate windows in the 15-25 yard range) Arizona is feigning interest in a player like Barkley to entice someone to either jump them or to select him infront of them and help someone they do covet to fall to their pick,

All you have to do is look at the offensive schematics of the situation to realize that Barkley is not going to come anywhere near Arizona in April.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Jets913

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Mingo to the Jets please, he's got bust written all over him. No to trading back up for Glennon, drafting a 1st round CB to replace Revis also fixes nothing. Only pick I like is Lacy.

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can live with Buffalo moving to 1 and I think Geno Smith is a franchise QB in a weak class. We cleared up ample space so I expectus to be very active in the FA market with us being sleeper dfor Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe setting us at WR for a long while
titwio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Giants mock I've seen this year! I'd be doing back flips if this was the start to draft weekend.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our defense was historically bad last year. worst secondary in nfl history. Why exactly are we drafting offensive players we don't need?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many 3 tech DTs does Oakland really need? It's all they have.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful for the Giants
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
How many 3 tech DTs does Oakland really need? It's all they have.
With Des Bryant and Richard Seymour being FAs, how many DTs do you actually have? I see 2, and one of them is a guy I never even heard of.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: