Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A MUST DO TRADE NO BRAINER!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsypha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: A MUST DO TRADE NO BRAINER!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

We should trade are first-round pick overall (No. Cool and are fifth round pick (No. 136 overall) to San Francisco for their first-round pick (No. 31 overall) and their two picks in the second round (No. 34 and 61 overall). Adding up the total points according to the chart we referenced, the Bills are surrendering 1,438 points, compared to the 49ers giving up 1,452 points on their end. Basically a wash.

Giving us 1 first and 3 seconds filling all are need

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1547644-why-buffalo-bills-should-trade-no-8-overall-draft-pick-to-san-francisco-49ers
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt hate this, but I would hate to pull the trigger to early and miss out on maybe Geno Smith at 8. I think there will be good depth especially towards the end of rd 1 and early rd 2 and we can hit all three with one swing getting a WR (Allen, Williams, Hopkins), LB (Brown, Minter, Ogletree) and QB there too.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that you would think its a no brainer but your going off of the old cba trade sheet. There really isnt any trade value sheet now that the CBA has changed.

in 2011 right after the CBA has been changed the closest trade was with Browns and Falcons.

Falcons gave up 1st, 2nd, and 4th in 2011 and a 1st and 4th in 2012 for the 6th overall.

So my point is a 1st and 2 seconds wouldnt be enough and the bills will lose out on that deal. I think it would have to be a 1st, 2 seconds and atleast a 3rd and 4th this year to be some what close to a good deal

Thanks Max
dsypha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add a 3rd or 4th would be nice but this would allow us to fill all are holes with quality players and spend are cap money on are top free agents also if geno fall pass the jets we can still get him unles some trade up
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also dont think the trade would go through until the bills are on the clock making the trade now wouldnt make any sense. If the niners are willing to give up alot like I said an equivalent would be 1st, 2 seconds, and a 3rd for the bills 8th pick (only no other picks involved) and the bills player they wanted for instance was Geno is already off the board then and the niners see someone they really like that wont be there out of the top 10. I would make the move, grab EJ at 31, cb or wr Rhodes and hunter are my choice, then go for the opposite at 41, a LB at 61. I would be all for that but again i dont see niners giving up that much, who would be worth taking at 8 that they think is amazing is my other question?

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the purpose of this article considering big boards are far from finalized before pro days. Why would San Fran want to trade up to 8 unless Dee Milliner falls?

Im not buying this yet
dsypha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49er have 15 picks that why I agree with the article but you are right I wouldnt make the trade until geno is off the board
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Quite simply, yes, we NEED draft picks to get a couple more players.

But we need a QB more. And the best chance for us to get a good one is staying at #8.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
dsypha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49er have 15 picks that why I agree with the article but you are right I wouldnt make the trade until geno is off the board
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I understand that you would think its a no brainer but your going off of the old cba trade sheet. There really isnt any trade value sheet now that the CBA has changed.

in 2011 right after the CBA has been changed the closest trade was with Browns and Falcons.

Falcons gave up 1st, 2nd, and 4th in 2011 and a 1st and 4th in 2012 for the 6th overall.

So my point is a 1st and 2 seconds wouldnt be enough and the bills will lose out on that deal. I think it would have to be a 1st, 2 seconds and atleast a 3rd and 4th this year to be some what close to a good deal

To the bolded...actually, no. The article states that they based the trade values off of a new trade chart designed by Draftek. Here's the link: http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=BUF

I agree with BillsGuy82 though in that I don't believe there is enough motivation for SF to make this trade. Personally, if I were GM of the 49ers, I'd try to repackage their extra draft picks for future earlier round picks. The article stated that the team is loaded with veterans and sooner or later they will need to replace some, so the future picks would help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about #8 for 31, 34 and a 1st rounder next year?

31, 34, 41(?) and 2 1st rounders in 2014......
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd mind it. Having a late 1st but 3 2nd's, all in the top half of the 2nd round, I'd be pretty pleased. We could draft QB, WR, OLB, CB all within the 2nd round. Not to mention whomever we add in free agency, maybe add a TE in the 3rd round, and we'd have a pretty solid group of young players to build this new team around. You can see by the way they're cutting the older, overpaid vets they want to cut the fat and go with a younger, leaner roster. This would accelerate that. I think the main thing would be still being able to have a choice of possibly every quarterback except Geno Smith, which is our biggest need. If Geno is there, take him, and build the team around him. If not, and this move is available, do it.
I think it should be #8 for #31, 34, and 61, plus something else. A 23 pick jump should require quite a bit, and I think it makes sense for the 49ers as well bc dealing these picks to move up and draft a guy like Milliner or Rhodes would be far more economically logical than trading them for a guy like Revis and re-signing him to a mega-deal, and may allow them to have the space to re-sign Goldson as well.

It works for both sides, and I'd do it in a heartbeat.
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see SF doing this especially if Lotuleilei is still there bc he'd be the type of guy that could possibly be the best player in the draft and Little Harbaugh could have his "Little Ngata" in Lotuleilei. Buffalo would then be able to fill it's large amount of needs with all those picks.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
No.

Quite simply, yes, we NEED draft picks to get a couple more players.

But we need a QB more. And the best chance for us to get a good one is staying at #8.

I'm not sure, as an outsider, I believe that. Your best chance is probably trading up in front of Oakland to get Geno Smith. While Alternatively, you could make this trade, draft a WR in the 1st round and any of the available QB's in the 2nd round and add a LB or DB in the 2nd round and get more overall value. Again that's just an outsiders point of view.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: