Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Damontre Moore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Damontre Moore Reply with quote

After a disappointing combine people are expecting Moore to take a bit of a plunge. I want to know what Saints fans would want to do if he were available at 15. Say we have the choice between he and Werner.. Who would you guys want?

Just so we're not relying so heavily on Moore's combine numbers I'll put his next to Tamba Hali's when he was coming out.

Damontre Moore
6'4" 250 lbs
34 3/4" arms
4.87 40 yard dash
12 reps of 225
35 1/2" vertical
10'2" broad

Tamba Hali
6'2 267
33 3/8" arms
4.87 40 yard dash
18 reps of 225
30" vertical
8'10" broad

I am in no way saying that Moore will be the next Tamba Hali. I am just simply comparing the two's combine/pro day numbers to show that great numbers don't make great players. Moore putting up only 12 reps is definitely a red flag, but Hali's 18 reps at 267 with shorter arms isn't much more impressive. As you can see, Hali lacks the lower body explosion that Moore possesses.

So, what do you guys think? Yay or nay on Damontre Moore at 15?

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
spanky3801

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take him!!!!!!!!!

Anquan Boldin- lousy 40
Tom Brady- not athletic at all
Jimmy Graham- basketball player
Ray Lewis- too small
Drew Brees- too short
Marques Colston- tweener
John Randle- light hips
Adrian Peterson- can't stay healthy
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on who is still available. I am going to make a post-combine update to my OLB list. Only very mild changes. I was never extremely high on Moore in the first place as a 3-4 OLB. I think that he will be a better 4-3 DE. He is very stout against the run and can offer some pass rush. But I don't think that he is an explosive playmaker that you need at that position. I will need to revise my list a bit...but I still have Jones, Werner, and Jordan higher on my list. Ansah really impressed me at the combine. Not his speed..I was expecting that. But I underestimated his quickness and change of direction abilities. I still think that the LB position will confuse him...so you won't see a dramatic bump...but at least his athletic ability suggest that maybe he can make the transition. A much better 4-3 DE prospect though.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind Hali went 20th overall. Maybe a minor trade back and Moore could still be there.

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Damontre Moore Reply with quote

If the question is who would I take between Moore and Werner... Give me the big German.

Moore is a solid player who plays much bigger than his measurables but Werners burst off the snap is really special. Werner can also man one position and set the edge due to his size and power while A&M was forced to get creative with Moore and move him around alot to find mismatches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Damontre Moore Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
If the question is who would I take between Moore and Werner... Give me the big German.

Moore is a solid player who plays much bigger than his measurables but Werners burst off the snap is really special. Werner can also man one position and set the edge due to his size and power while A&M was forced to get creative with Moore and move him around alot to find mismatches.

I agree with Werner > Moore. I was just wondering how us Saints fans felt about Moore as a whole.

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Damontre Moore Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

I agree with Werner > Moore. I was just wondering how us Saints fans felt about Moore as a whole.

As a whole... I like Moore but I think we'd have to utlize him in the same manner the Aggies did but if we were to do that it would be a waste because that is the position I think we will see Wilson (who is more of a physical athlete than Moore) next year.

I feel the Saints will look for a guy that they can put oppsite Galette to man that side of the field and Werner would be a good fit. THis however can change if the Saints were to sign Spencer or Kruger in FA.

FA will dictate our entire draft approach...

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Damontre Moore Reply with quote

Hey Flood,

You see that NFL network interview with Georgia linebacker Alex Ogletree?

Ogletree said Joe Vitt hammered him big time in NFL combine interview. The network tried to get more out of Ogletree but you could see the Saints coach really left an impression on him. He ended it by saying that he left the interview feeling that VItt really likes him though...

THought it was intresting.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Damontre Moore Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Hey Flood,

You see that NFL network interview with Georgia linebacker Alex Ogletree?

Ogletree said Joe Vitt hammered him big time in NFL combine interview. The network tried to get more out of Ogletree but you could see the Saints coach really left an impression on him. He ended it by saying that he left the interview feeling that VItt really likes him though...

THought it was intresting.

Interesting..

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really interesting. I like Ogletree. Amazing coverage skills, he may be a liability in the run. If we were to draft him I wonder what we'd do with Hawthorne.

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
That's really interesting. I like Ogletree. Amazing coverage skills, he may be a liability in the run. If we were to draft him I wonder what we'd do with Hawthorne.

Just wrote a post about it...

Hypnotic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't bother me one bit if we decided to draft him. I'm sure our coaching staff would be able to get the most out of him, but with the free fall his stock his stock has taken I'm not sure the value is there at 15.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: