Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you sign Jermichael Finley if he is released????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you sign Hermichael Finley if he is released?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 14 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

Bears54

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Would you sign Jermichael Finley if he is released???? Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8998146/jermichael-finley-green-bay-packers-says-accept-pay-cut

Jermichael Finley made it clear he wont take a pay cut and rather be released if asked to do so. Rumors have it the packers are going to ask him. He is coming off a disappointing season with 61 rec, which would be a pro bowl type year if you compare our TE to Finley. Finley's agent also made waves in the organization for questioning QBs Aaron Rodgers leadership skills. Also their backup TE Crabtree filled in nicely when Finely was out due to injury.

If he released would, you guys sign him to our squad? I would in a heart beat, and I beat you he would love to come play for us because he would play the Packers 2x a year.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All about the $...if he is looking for around the $8 million a year mark then definitely not...if he is willing to be reasonable then he is worth considering but there is no way I would break the bank for him.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
All about the $...if he is looking for around the $8 million a year mark then definitely not...if he is willing to be reasonable then he is worth considering but there is no way I would break the bank for him.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
+1

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yeah I would... if the price is reasonable. He has some issues with drops but he is a dynamic weapon in the passing game who can stretch the field and for whom teams must account on defense.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's not with GB next season we can likely kiss trading down and grabing Eifert goodbye.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For up to $4 mil I would in a heartbeat, but any higher I would only do with incentive laden clauses. While he has a history of drops, his cases seem overblown in in proportion to other Packers.

Looks like Cobb and Nelson both are quite close to Finley in drop percentage.

Finley - 8.97%
Cobb - 8.65%
Nelson - 8.82%

Not overly happy with almost 9% drop rate, but at least he's productive. Might also want a clause fining him for his moronic agent making stupid claims in the public.
Landru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the crap he talked about Urlacher? No thanks. Could be disruptive in the locker room.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landru wrote:
After all the crap he talked about Urlacher? No thanks. Could be disruptive in the locker room.

That is a concern, Finley didn't make any friends in the Bears locker room last year. However, I would think that Urlacher and Briggs are professional enough to realize that he can only help the team and just steer clear of him if they can't work things out.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landru wrote:

There's any easy solution for that: man up and apologize.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think its that big of a deal and Urlacher wont be here long. I think its very unlikely we sign him though.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

This
One big question I have about Finley: Are you getting the Finley we saw at the end of the season, or the drop-prone one at the beginning of the season?
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This
One big question I have about Finley: Are you getting the Finley we saw at the end of the season, or the drop-prone one at the beginning of the season?[/quote]

Agreed. He's a very talented but he's a very inconstant player. I also believe he will demand too much money and we will look elsewhere for a TE.

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
BEARS24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why get rid of a drop prone TE to get another for more $?
G08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way... dude can't get along with the best QB in football and has a wicked case of the dropsies.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: