Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Combine Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huddle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Post Combine Offseason Reply with quote

This is my wishlist for the offseason:

FA:
M.Wallace (WR), A.Levitre (OG), D.Cox (CB)

Resigns:
R.Starks, C.Clemons, A.Fasano

Cut:
R.Incognito (save the money 4 Mio)

Draft:
1.K.Allen (WR)
Long-legged, reliable No. 1 receiver prospect. Runs solid slants, crossers, speed outs and vertical routes. Good height to win jump balls downfield, will attack the ball in the air with his hands and has good ball skills overall. Lines up in the slot regularly, can get off press with a quick shake at the line and uses his frame to block out smaller corners. Eats up ground quickly on his vertical stems. Agile and physical ball carrier after the catch, can make the first man miss with a quick cut or spin away from tackle attempts, maintaining his balance to continue downfield. Also runs through smaller corners to pick up a few extra yards. Gets down quickly for low throws despite his height. Aware receiver who uses his hands to create space from defenders downfield and gives his quarterback a target when in scramble mode. Good hip flexibility, as he sinks low into his routes and bursts out of the break.

2.K.Long (OT)
Looks the part of an NFL lineman. Has nice height and long, thick arms, which he can extend to keep defenders at bay in pass protection (sometimes using one hand to ward off his man while on the move). Can turn smaller tackles out of the hole with his upper body strength. Decent leg strength and very good flexibility for his height, as well, which helps him drop his hips and anchor and explode from his stance. Excellent mobility given his size, has no issues moving behind the line or pulling in front of plays -- hitting multiple targets at times. Solid on combo blocks when maintaining his bend, and also displays the footwork to get the outside angle on run blocks, move well on zone plays, and also sustain while his man is trying to spin out of pass pro blocks. Plays with attitude, backs up his teammates on the field, cleans up piles.

2.C.Carradine (DE)
Carradine flashes explosion off the snap to challenge the lateral agility of right tackles, and can swipe them away with strong hands to slingshot into the pocket. He also plays with the leverage of a shorter player, brings a strong initial punch to bull lesser tackles off the ball, and simply shoves tight ends away like ragdolls in the run game. Thereís certainly no issue with his motor, as he will hustle to the sideline if the play can be made.

3.J.Pugh (OG)
Very good range and mobility. Good feet. Will sit into his blocks. Experienced player. Plays with body control and balance. Gets to the second level easily. Good pad level. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

3.B.Wreh-Wilson (CB)
Scouts like Wreh-Wilsonís tall, long frame on the outside. He owns the closing speed to cut down receivers quickly after the catch when playing off, and uses his long arms to knock the ball away out of their hands. But he also presents short-area foot quickness to stay with receivers when tight on the line, as well as the powerful extension to knock them off their routes.

Depth Chart:

RB: Miller
WR1: Wallace
WR slot: Bess
WR2: Allen

TE: Fasano/Clay
LT: Martin
LG: Levitre
C: Pouncey
RG: Pugh/Jerry
RT: K.Long
----------------------------------
RE: Wake
DT: Soliai/Odrick
DT: Starks
LE: Vernon/Carradine
OLB: Misi
MLB: Dansby
OLB: Burnett

CB1: Cox
CB2: Marshall
CB nickel: Patterson
SS: Jones
FS: Clemons

What you think about this team ?

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. I'd exchange Allen for Patterson if we go the WR route, and I wouldn't resign Starks. Maybe use a 3rd rounder for DT depth if that's a concern.
ojmcduff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that scared me is having 2 rookies on the right side of the OL. Overall I like it though.
Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft is alright if Pugh is not in it. Dude has dinosaur arms. Also, Long is more fit to be moved inside or to stay at LT. We can't just keep changing player's original position. Cox is getting franchised and Levitre is going to want big $. Wallace and Levitre might take up around 70% of our cap even with Incognito gone. Smarter move would be to keep Incognito and move him to RG, draft an athletic guard, pay Wallace, and get some more players in FA like a CB or TE.

Replace Pugh with Ryan Swope.
WR1: Wallace
Slot: Bess AND Swope
WR2: Allen/Matthews

O-Line: Martin, K Long, Pouncey, Incognito, Jerry/Garner/rookie/FA
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy thing is that this is a realistic offseason. Great job. Only thing I would say is that I don't think Wilson is getting out of the 2nd round

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this off season. I am fine with signing Wallace. Still unsure about Keenan Allen but he has high potential. The draft was great. Drafting for future and filling voids now. Really like the Wreh-Wilson and Cox additions to the secondary.

Overall I'd say B for this off season.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: