Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tavon Austin?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Tavon Austin? Reply with quote

Would it be a ridiculous assessment to say he reminds me of Percy Harvin entering the NFL draft? He is extremely versatile, fast and a TD machine. I would love to have a Percy Harvin in this offense. Will he be there at 28? Is there a good cb/mlb that can drop to round two for us?

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
rhuston

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is definitley a guy I could live with with the first pick. He seems to have that toughness that many smaller guys do not possess. I would be excited if we picked him. I do like Hunter a lot also, and would love Patterson but no way will he be available.

If we go offense I would love him as much as anyone.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
He is definitley a guy I could live with with the first pick. He seems to have that toughness that many smaller guys do not possess. I would be excited if we picked him. I do like Hunter a lot also, and would love Patterson but no way will he be available.

OK if you got Xavier Rhodes, a good mlb prospect, and Austin at 28 who do you take? I'm a huge fan of impact players especially if I could get one at 28.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
FabrizioHC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see him in Fox's over conservative offense
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Tavon Austin be my first choice at #28 given the other options likely available? No. But would I be upset with the pick? No.

Austin is an elite athlete, and I'm not using that term loosely, who can change the game any time he has the ball in his hands. His mere presence on the field forces defenses to take him into account which only serves to open up opportunities for other players to make plays. That's big. It might take him a season or two to grow into a real game-changing role in the NFL and he is a risk to get hurt, but the difference he can make on the field makes it only a measured risk in drafting him.

FabrizioHC wrote:
I don't see him in Fox's over conservative offense

This statement smacks of ignorance. Was Fox's offense, which was as much McCoy's, Gase's and Manning's offense, "over conservative" (I'm sure you mean overly conservative) in the regular season? Or are you basing this off the kneel down decision in the playoff game? I have to assume it's the latter and is of the same line of over-reactive, narrowly-focused line of thinking that posits Champ needs to move to safety and Rahim Moore should be cut; which are foolish over-reactions.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be fully on board with this pick. You need weapons in todays NFL and Austin absolutely is going to be a weapon.

I will say this, idk where you line Austin up every play. I think you have to move him around. You have to have a game plan set up of how youre using him every week (variety of ways) to maximize his effectiveness and make him worth that 28th pick.

I think Patterson is more of a Harvin if I'm comparing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
rhuston wrote:

OK if you got Xavier Rhodes, a good mlb prospect, and Austin at 28 who do you take? I'm a huge fan of impact players especially if I could get one at 28.

I hate impact players. There is just no place on the team for them.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be quite happy with the pick. A weapon like that is necessary on offense these days. Instantly makes Denver even scarier. How do you even begin to cover everyone?

Thanks, Tzimisce
LW33

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's another kid who is drafted quite a Bit higher due to the combine performance.
brncos4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would be ok with the pick, but i would rather have the TE from notre dame..he reminds me of a gronkowski type guy..big hands, cacthes everything and would open up the middle of the field..i dont know alot about him but have watched some tape on him and like what i see..goes up and grabs everything...
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I'd be fully on board with this pick. You need weapons in todays NFL and Austin absolutely is going to be a weapon.

I will say this, idk where you line Austin up every play. I think you have to move him around. You have to have a game plan set up of how youre using him every week (variety of ways) to maximize his effectiveness and make him worth that 28th pick.

This.

elliot878 wrote:
I think Patterson is more of a Harvin if I'm comparing.

Not this. Laughing

I have Austin as an elite athlete but in need of bulking up. Hes going to get crushed with his brittle frame. I dont have him as the physical player that Harvin is but Austin is a better deep-threat WR than Harvin will ever be.

It comes down to what we do in FA at the slot position (i.e. Welker, Stokley, Amendola) or if this staff thinks Decker should go to the slot, in which that case I would be all for Cordarelle Patterson as an outside player. Hes so good at his route-running already that its remarkable to think how good he can be when he starts learning to catch the football with his hands instead of his chest. I project him to be like Chad Johnson. Silky smooth route-running and footwork, needs work on hands and beating press.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go a little old school here and say Austin reminds me more of Eric Metcalf then anybody. I think he is going to be more of a threat lining up in the backfield and actually taking some reps at RB then people think. I watched a lot of him this year since where I live WVU is on a lot and he has great vision and able to find holes. I can see him getting about 5 or so carries a game and do some damage plus being a great receiver and returner. He is one of those players you have to get him touches because he is dangerous, I like to think of him that he is everything the Bears wanted Hester to be on the offensive side.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order of players I want who could be there at 28.

1. Tavon Austin
2. Xavier Rhodes.
3. Desmond Trufant
4. Alec Ogletree
5. Kawann Short

So yes please bring Austin to Denver

Props to Jamison on the sig
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought. From what I've read some of Austins value comes in the return game. That said, thats of no value to Denver.

You've got to think the staff are pretty pleased with Holliday as a returner. It's not that unusual for a team ot have one small guy (-180 lbs) as a return guy and Offensive speciaist. (WR, RB limited carry / touch guy)

I can't think of a team carrying two though.
bhslinebacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Just a thought. From what I've read some of Austins value comes in the return game. That said, thats of no value to Denver.

You've got to think the staff are pretty pleased with Holliday as a returner. It's not that unusual for a team ot have one small guy (-180 lbs) as a return guy and Offensive speciaist. (WR, RB limited carry / touch guy)

I can't think of a team carrying two though.

If Austin were to be the pick, Holliday would become expendable. Yes he is electric in the return game, but he has ball security issues and is not a viable asset on offense, which Tavon would be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: