Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith to Buffalo Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you support the idea of Buffalo Bills drafting Geno Smith at #8?
Yes
73%
 73%  [ 28 ]
No
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
I'd rather draft another QB (T. Wilson, M. Barkley, M. Glennon, E. Manuel, R. Nassib, other)
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Keep Fitz & wait until 2014
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

jracesBillsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
jracesBillsFan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
jracesBillsFan wrote:
Smith will not be there at #8 when the Bills pick, either the Eagles or Cards will pick him. If the Bills want him they are going to have to move up, with only 6 draft picks I don't see that happening.

Out of all the teams picking ahead of us the Eagles common man. The Lions and the Eagles are the two teams I am the least worried about. Vick, Foles and Dixon already on the roster they will add to the defense or Oline in my opinion.

And the Cards seem pretty keen to let Stanton and Hoyer battle it out. Not saying they won't draft a QB, but with all their needs including the o-line i doubt they take 1 t 7. Raiders are a real possibility..if Palmer is cut.

I just don't see Andy Reid having two career backup QBs battling it out for the starter role his first season with his new team, if thats his plan he might as well sign Fitzpatrick as well. Reid is starting over with a new team and needs a QB to start fresh with, Smith, especially after his pro-day is the best available QB in this years draft and IMO will be taken before the Bills are on the clock. Raiders are possible as well if Palmer is cut but I was basing my first post on who is on current rosters now.

There is no way in hell Reid goes QB with the first pick. They gave up a 2nd for Alex smith. He would get fired ASAP for drafting Geno.

I'm really confused as to what the heck jracesBillsFan is talking about. I talked about the Cards signing Stanton and having Hoyer. Then he goes on about how Reid won't go with two career backups. Not sure if he thinks Red is the HC of Arizona or what.. Confused

Yeah my bad, meant Bruce Arians will pick a QB not Reid. As far as teams having other needs that arguement can be made for the Bills as well. We have at least 4-6 possible starter positions open (QB, WR2, OG, SS, TE if Chandler doesn't come back 100%, OLB still need upgraded and CB2 is still pretty weak). No doubt the Bills need a franchise QB but I just don't think Smith is there at 8 and don't think anyone else is worth the pick.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect KC to go with a LT, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they took Geno for the future.

Oakland, Philly, and Arizona are all possibilities, though I think Arizona has the highest possibility out of all the teams ahead of us. I think Oakland goes with a DT or pass rusher and Philly takes either a LT or Milliner. I think if KC takes Joeckel and Philly takes Fisher (or vice versa), Arizona will take Geno.

Of course there's always the possibility of someone (Jets maybe) trading up into the top 4 to secure him as well.

I also have to wonder if Cleveland would take him now that they've beefed up their defensive front 7 with Kruger (and Groves). Weeden doesn't seem to be the answer there, and they might look at Geno as well.

Basically, there's a lot of possilities. I think if we want to make sure we get him, we'll have to trade up.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been watching a lot of highlights of Geno this weekend and it made me think that if we are lucky enough to get Geno would we possibly go after Stedman Bailey in round two? He seems to have a great understanding with him and I could see the Bills drafting him and trying to give Geno a target he is comfortable with. Would anyone think this is a good idea?

The night is dark and full of terrors.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
So I've been watching a lot of highlights of Geno this weekend and it made me think that if we are lucky enough to get Geno would we possibly go after Stedman Bailey in round two? He seems to have a great understanding with him and I could see the Bills drafting him and trying to give Geno a target he is comfortable with. Would anyone think this is a good idea?

I think Bailey is a solid player but taking him in the second is a bit of a reach. If he's there in the 3rd and we haven't filled the WR void I definitely say we consider grabbing him. Obviously if we take Geno at 8 it would be wise to take one of his main targets so he's comfortable.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

I think Bailey is a solid player but taking him in the second is a bit of a reach. If he's there in the 3rd and we haven't filled the WR void I definitely say we consider grabbing him. Obviously if we take Geno at 8 it would be wise to take one of his main targets so he's comfortable.
Ah okay, I didn't really know where he is projected to go. I just meant take him at some point of the draft really, Indy did it with Luck and Fleener and although it didn't work out very well with Fleener yet I think it would be a good idea for Buffalo to try. The dude can play as well, I was impressed by him when I was watching those highlights(which I realize don't tell the whole picture). He isn't very big though and I think that might go against what OBD is looking for.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

Ah okay, I didn't really know where he is projected to go. I just meant take him at some point of the draft really, Indy did it with Luck and Fleener and although it didn't work out very well with Fleener yet I think it would be a good idea for Buffalo to try. The dude can play as well, I was impressed by him when I was watching those highlights(which I realize don't tell the whole picture). He isn't very big though and I think that might go against what OBD is looking for.

I think the Bills will seriously look at doing something similar if they draft Barkley at 8, I see them adding Woods in round 2.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is relevant again !! Flynn to Oakland and Palmer on way to Zona is best possible situation for us Geno fans.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im much rather Geno be trade bait to trade down in the draft..

I still do not see him as being superior to Barkley, or have nearly the upside of Bray or Glennon..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

I still do not see him as being superior to Barkley, or have nearly the upside of Bray or Glennon..

Same. I'd love to trade down with someone looking to draft him, and pick up some extra picks in the process.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Same. I'd love to trade down with someone looking to draft him, and pick up some extra picks in the process.

There is no question I am a huge Geno supporter, but if we can trade out of 8 to someone willing to trade the farm for Geno then I think we should take. If were able to get an extra 1st and 2nd out of it, along with some later picks then it would be silly not to entertain the idea the very least!

Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

There is no question I am a huge Geno supporter, but if we can trade out of 8 to someone willing to trade the farm for Geno then I think we should take. If were able to get an extra 1st and 2nd out of it, along with some later picks then it would be silly not to entertain the idea the very least!

I agree, but I mean besides us, who really needs a QB behind our spot? The Jets who are directly behind us. Not to mention this draft lacks top end quality. I just don't see a scenario where a team would trade up for him, at least from the 1st round.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes because it means the Eagles would have passed on him at #4
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#8 seems the highest spot he could go, value-wise.
You have to ask yourself if the Bills could trade down to 15 or so, would you take him then?
If that is the case you have to consider him at #8.

He may not be the be-all-to-end-all, but if you go all-in, you go all-in at QB.
Maybe he's Mark Sanchez.
Maybe he's Aaron Rodgers.

You can't have it both ways.
There is always somebody willing to trade in front of you for "their" guy.
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Geno is available at 8 you take him. a franchise QB has more value than all the draft picks in the world. Geno is a franchise QB. his college career absolutely crushes all competition (Manning bros, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers), RGIII is the closest comparison stats-wise. i feel as a player he's similar to Aaron Rodgers. here's the college careers of Rodgers, RGIII and Smith:

Rodgers
comp/att
424/665
comp%
yds
ave per comp
td/int
43/13

RGIII
comp/att
800/1192
comp%
yds
ave per comp
td/int
78/17

Smith
comp/att
988/1465
comp%
yds
ave per comp
td/int
98/21

from what i've seen of Geno Smith, he has the arm, he goes through his progressions when he needs to, he moves well in the pocket, his ball placement is excellent and he's an intelligent, humble man. he literally has everything you want and none of what you don't. i don't know why there's the possibility of him being available at 8. he's the clear cut #1 player in this draft imo. my best hope that he falls to us. the biggest knock against him is that his team wasn't good enough to win a National Championship.

TL;DR version:
imo, Geno Smith is the best chance at getting a franchise QB this year. a franchise QB is more valuable than roster full of pro bowl players you could get by trading the pick.

sadly, i don't believe Geno will be there at 8 and there isn't another QB worth taking that high.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off what you just said Offseasonchamp..

I am right there with you on the comparisons. I remember watching WV games and saying to myself he has a Rodgers type style to him. He gets this ridiculous notion that he's a mobile QB (pure racism tbh) but he would much rather stay in the pocket and deliver the football to his playmakers. Whenever I watch an interview with this kid I fall in love with him, he is so genuine and truly loves this game. Because of that i know he wont be a bust -not saying he will be a Super Bowl winning QB but at the worst I see a Matt Schaub. Like I said, I love the kid so maybe I am completely blinded by that..but time will tell. And if i were Buddy Nix i would do anything to get Geno Smith.

Here are some interviews with him that I've thoroughly enjoyed and hope you do to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJS8eYOU6q0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumYzEgsdw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHOJengnu8[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: