Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith to Buffalo Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you support the idea of Buffalo Bills drafting Geno Smith at #8?
Yes
73%
 73%  [ 28 ]
No
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
I'd rather draft another QB (T. Wilson, M. Barkley, M. Glennon, E. Manuel, R. Nassib, other)
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Keep Fitz & wait until 2014
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction is if Geno is not on the board at 8 the bills take EJ manuel at 8. If the bills are set on getting a qb and dont see them being a huge difference I dont see why they wouldnt go with the back up plan at 8. After reviewing this draft not only are the qbs not seperating from each other all other players arent either. I see 5 players who prove they can start right away and make an impact and thats LT Luke, LT Fisher, OG Warmack, DT Floyd and CB Milliner. Then you have guys who can be taken any where from 6-25 LB Jarvis Jones, LB Dion Jordan, QB Geno, QB Manuel, CB Rhodes, S Vaccaro, DE Mingo, DE Werner, and so forth. i think that qb should be taken at 8 not because it would be considered a reach because I dont see any wow players worth taking at 8. I have looked at clips of players and i just dont see that they would be an elite player on the bills team at 8.

Thanks Max
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand what people mean when they say Geno smith hasn't separated himself from the other QB's. He had a great season, can make all the throws, makes good decisions, is athletic, but isn't run first, he was consistent. He has completely separated himself. Geno is a top ten prospect and the best QB in this class. The next QB would be Barkley as a top-25 prospect.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Geno has separated himself but not by much I mean its nothing compared to past, look at Andrew luck and RG3 they were clear cut 1 and 2. The rest that year were ok, and I don't care what people say Russel Wilson was a sleeper and didn't think of him being a top qb prospect.

People like Geno, people like Barkley, people like Wilson, etc. it is all preference on it, none of them show that wow factor where this guy will lead this team to 10+ wins his 1st year and he will do great stuff like Luck and Rg3 did last year. I personally think Geno is the guy at 8 and could be that qb the bills are looking for but if he isn't selected, my number #2 that could go at 8 is Ej Manuel he has done everything right and shows that he can improve. I wouldn't be upset at him going #8. I am not a fan of Glennon who just shows arm strength and he hasn't really proven he could take the next step right away some people on this site think differently, same goes with Brey Wilson and Nassib. I just don't see those guys being able to go into camp and compete to start come week 1. Barkley is a big no he has a weaker arm and his shoulder worries me. Cold weather with high winds makes me think they will limit him as a qb because he cant go deep. Personal preference is he went to USC and the qbs look great in college but have shown nothing in the pros, not sure if that means much to people but it does to me.

Thanks Max
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't see him making it to us at #8, Cardinals will snap him up for sure IMO, so I'm getting ready for Jarvis Jones.

If this does happen (we don't get a QB at #Cool who would you guys want to pick up in the 2nd or 3rd? I personally love Tyler Wilson here and would be over the moon with those 2 as our top picks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
can't see him making it to us at #8, Cardinals will snap him up for sure IMO, so I'm getting ready for Jarvis Jones.

If this does happen (we don't get a QB at #Cool who would you guys want to pick up in the 2nd or 3rd? I personally love Tyler Wilson here and would be over the moon with those 2 as our top picks.

in the second round i would have no problems going with Barkley, Glennon, or Manuel. I think they will all be there and they could all help this team in a different way. it all depends on what Nix wants in a QB.

and you with me.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, anything other than Geno is just going to crush me. Laughing

Even Tyler Wilson, the guy who's flag I'v been waving all year, would just be a consolation prize.

And don't be too sure about the Cardinals, they just tendered Hoyer with a 2nd, so right now they have 4 QB's under contract for them. And rumor is they're interested in Cassel. So, lets wait and see.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still with geno or ej, have been for a while, even when people here said ej wouldn't even be a 7th rounder Smile

if all of the qbs are available at 8, between those two, i would pick geno based on talent, intangibles, and potential.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we'll be trading up for Geno now. Not sure I like that, but we'll see.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Looks like we'll be trading up for Geno now. Not sure I like that, but we'll see.

Don't be so sure we will have to trade up.
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Don't be so sure we will have to trade up.

if we are sure on him we have to trade up.

and you with me.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more than willing to trade up as long as we don't have to give up our first next year. I hate giving up future picks. If it will only cost a 1st and 3rd to jump the Cardinals I say we do it.

FFMD: Bills War Room
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Marrone thinks about Geno. I work with a guy who went to WVU and he was saying Geno never beat Syracuse. I know it was not all his fault they didn't win but I wonder if that made an impression on Marrone that he still feels as the head coach of the Bills. It is probably unlikely, I just thought it was a pretty interesting point.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
I wonder what Marrone thinks about Geno. I work with a guy who went to WVU and he was saying Geno never beat Syracuse. I know it was not all his fault they didn't win but I wonder if that made an impression on Marrone that he still feels as the head coach of the Bills. It is probably unlikely, I just thought it was a pretty interesting point.

He had a good defensive gameplan and his D Co-ordinator (now Syracuse HC) always had great gameplans for matching up against WVU.

It wasn't Geno's fault they lost the Pinstripe bowl. It was the WVU lack of a defense, O-line, and running game that did it.

I hope Marrone is high on Geno and won't bring in Nassib too early because he's "his guy".

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Tk3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9047220/nfl-where-buffalo-bills-turn-quarterback

This guy sums up my exact stance..

Do not reach for QB at 8.. Get best value there..

Get value QB in the 2nd..

Always get value.. Always..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9047220/nfl-where-buffalo-bills-turn-quarterback

This guy sums up my exact stance..

Do not reach for QB at 8.. Get best value there..

Get value QB in the 2nd..

Always get value.. Always..

And what if Buddy values Geno at 8?? and isn't it you every year that says if you take a QB is should be in the 1st, because 2nd rounders rarely pan out (into franchise guys) as well as developmental guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: