Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Drafting a QB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Drafting a QB Reply with quote

I do not want the Bills to waste a pick on a QB this draft. There is no one that I want to build a franchise around. I would rather try to get better Players and look to get a QB next year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree. I see a bunch of Russell Wilson type prospects. By that I mean 2nd to 3rd round QBs who under the right scheme could be a the face of a franchise. There is just no Luck or RG3 in this draft that are a sure fire top 3 pick.

Anyways I think Geno is being underrated. I think he will be a great QB. Some seem to think there is no first round QBs but Smith and Barkley should both be a first round pick. Not their fault their defense sucked.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Disagree. I see a bunch of Russell Wilson type prospects. By that I mean 2nd to 3rd round QBs who under the right scheme could be a the face of a franchise. There is just no Luck or RG3 in this draft that are a sure fire top 3 pick.

Anyways I think Geno is being underrated. I think he will be a great QB. Some seem to think there is no first round QBs but Smith and Barkley should both be a first round pick. Not their fault their defense sucked.

I'm a huge fan of Geno right now. I'm about to post my analysis/draft profile of Geno. I see him fitting well here.

FFMD: Bills War Room
joutman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Geno Smith Reply with quote

How could Marrone draft a QB that he beat 3 times. The first couple of times Syracuse did not have a decent team. Check out the game that they played in the snow. Smith looked horrendous. There is a reason that the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith and the Cardinals would rather have Matt Cassell over him.[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Geno Smith Reply with quote

joutman wrote:
How could Marrone draft a QB that he beat 3 times. The first couple of times Syracuse did not have a decent team. Check out the game that they played in the snow. Smith looked horrendous. There is a reason that the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith and the Cardinals would rather have Matt Cassell over him.
I saw the game. Cant really blame Geno. Scott Shafer is a defensive mastermind and knew how to stop Geno. It got to the point were teams were contacting us to ask us how we stopped him. Shafer knew how to confuse him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ Manuel has the tools as well
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think every QB in this draft has their own inconsistency, which is why no one seems to see a "top flight prospect", but I feel that 3 will be better than the others. Those 3 are Geno Smith, Ryan Nassib, and EJ Manuel. If you look at their "concerns" those three have the most coachable deficiencies of any of the QB's in the draft. Smith's main concern is his ability to go through progressions, but he wasn't really asked to in his offense at WV, and he seems like a bright, hard working kid, so he'll learn it. Nassib's main concerns regard his pocket presence (which to me was a lot from learning and running a new offense just a couple weeks before the season began, and he'll gain that as he matures) and his deep ball accuracy, which can be worked on with improved mechanics. Manuel's main concern seems to be that he still seems very raw, and sometimes has poor mechanics. This can be worked on as well.

The other guys, Bray (mechanics and character), Glennon (accuracy, weight, immobility), Barkley (arm strength), and Wilson (presence under pressure, hand size), seems to have issues that are less easily coached than the three mentioned above.

Therefore I would be more than happy if the Bills pick either Geno Smith, Ryan Nassib or EJ Manuel in the draft. Which round doesn't really matter to me, if they believe that that particular guy is their QB of the future, pick him.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Nassib remind anyone else of JP Losman?

TommyC376^^^
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:

Personally he reminds me more of Romo. But that's just me.
I think if anyone reminds me of Losman it's Wilson. I just think he's overrated, it's a personal opinion, but I think he took a hammering this past season and it will affect his game in the NFL along with his small hands leading to fumble issues and his "gunslinger" mentality will cause him to turn the ball over too often.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Not even close. Nassib is a ton more accurate and the one throw he struggles on is a deep route. Although it did look like he was working at it because he looked much better with it at the combine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nassib reminds me more of fitzpatrick. Either way do not want the guy. A lot of talk about Geno being the pick at 8 if he falls and I am starting to agree more and more about it. The bills can go OLB but i think Jarvis Jones wont be avaialable and Dion Jordan is tall and lanky with a shoulder injury, Damonte Moores stock has dropped drastically, Milliner wont get passed 5. So what else is there? Warmack could be a possibility if Levitre walks but again I dont see him being a person to take. Wr can be taken but that position is deep and could be fixed in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

Thanks Max
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013-nfl-draft/2013/3/4/4060264/tyler-bray-scouting-report-attitude-means-everything

Nice read. I'd say its spot on. Greatest upside and greatest risk.

TommyC376^^^
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiithout giving up a lot to move up, I don't think Buffalo has any shot at acquiring Geno Smith. For that reason, I personally wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st round. I'd go with a position that is more likely to be a sure thing. Whether that be Dion Jordan, Milliner(if he's there) or a WR or OL (just throwing a couple ideas out there). This is a very questionable draft class, but there's guys who can be had in later rounds, such as Zac Dysert perhaps or EJ Manuel, who could be quality picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: