Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks "Pimp your Prospect" thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
The only CB prospect worth taking in the first round for our scheme is Jonathan Banks. However, we wont take him as we have 4 CBs on our roster that are clones of him. And there is no way we take a nickel CB in the 1st. There are lots of good nickel CBs in the late rounds, so im not too worried about it.

I forgot about Markus Wheaton. I would love to grab him in the 2nd or 3rd. He had an incredible combine and his stock almost seemed to drop Confused He would give us that great deep threat and separation that we have needed, even if he doesn't have the size we are looking for.
I like Xavier Rhodes more than Banks. Rhodes is the perfect fit across from Sherman.

Do you want to trade browner?
No, not unless there's an incredible offer on the table or something. I don't really want us to take Rhodes as I think he wouldn't get to shine, but if Browner didn't exist, Rhodes would be very high on my list of players I want.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trading Browner. We didn't lose a step when Lane and Maxwell filled in for him. It makes me think that our CBs might be a product of system? Either that or Schneider is really good at scouting CBs. Either way, if we could get early 3rd round value for him, I wouldn't mind trading him. That being said, I am perfectly fine if he stays on our team.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
I wouldn't mind trading Browner. We didn't lose a step when Lane and Maxwell filled in for him. It makes me think that our CBs might be a product of system? Either that or Schneider is really good at scouting CBs. Either way, if we could get early 3rd round value for him, I wouldn't mind trading him. That being said, I am perfectly fine if he stays on our team.
Product of what system? We have next to no pass rush. I think we just have good CB's.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes will fail at corner.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Embelish. Simply stating something is a pretty awful argument Laughing

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He's far too physical in my mind and plays with erratic hips (in which I mean he'll commit his hips one way to even the slightest twitch in the receivers route). His physicality is going to be a huge reason I see a switch to safety in his future. He's pretty poor at playing the ball in the air and got away with a lot of hand play in college that I don't see him getting away with at the next level. He relied on it quite a bit with some fairly mediocre opponents so I don't see it as some easy habit to drop, either.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He's far too physical in my mind and plays with erratic hips (in which I mean he'll commit his hips one way to even the slightest twitch in the receivers route). His physicality is going to be a huge reason I see a switch to safety in his future. He's pretty poor at playing the ball in the air and got away with a lot of hand play in college that I don't see him getting away with at the next level. He relied on it quite a bit with some fairly mediocre opponents so I don't see it as some easy habit to drop, either.
You know which guys are really handsy? Both our starting CB's. Rhodes will figure out how physical he's allowed to be at this level. He'll have a Brandon Browner type transition into the NFL as far as penalties go. He'll get quite a few early on but he'll settle back in. The difference is he's a much better athlete than Browner.

I don't know how you can say he's pretty poor at playing the ball in the air. He's not on Sherman's level, but he's much better than the Kelly Jennings of the world. I really don't see these poor ball skills you're trying to elude to.

His hips are fantastic, but they're more than ample for how he plays. He's long and knows how to use the sidelines as a defender. He's not a guy you'd want to line up at NB obviously. His physicality is a bonus, not a detractor.

I feel like you just describe a shorter, more athletic Brandon Browner. Are you still expecting us to move him to FS?

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

You know which guys are really handsy? Both our starting CB's. Rhodes will figure out how physical he's allowed to be at this level. He'll have a Brandon Browner type transition into the NFL as far as penalties go. He'll get quite a few early on but he'll settle back in. The difference is he's a much better athlete than Browner.

I don't know how you can say he's pretty poor at playing the ball in the air. He's not on Sherman's level, but he's much better than the Kelly Jennings of the world. I really don't see these poor ball skills you're trying to elude to.

His hips are fantastic, but they're more than ample for how he plays. He's long and knows how to use the sidelines as a defender. He's not a guy you'd want to line up at NB obviously. His physicality is a bonus, not a detractor.

I feel like you just describe a shorter, more athletic Brandon Browner. Are you still expecting us to move him to FS?

Rhodes doesn't have the press skills that Browner has that allows him to be so good in the first 5 yards. Browner makes up for a lot of his deficiencies with that press. I don't think Rhodes can make up for those same deficiencies because he doesn't have the wingspan, strength, and general technique that Browner has. Not to mention Browner is somewhat of a liability in that we constantly need to shade Earl to his side. You really want that kind of player in the 1st? Because he's not making it to our 2nd.

If you don't see his poor ball skills you haven't watched enough of him. He's fine playing the ball and generating PDs when he's in position, but he struggles to locate the football in the air when his backs to the ball. This is something Sherman is remarkable at and it's something that Kelly Jennings was awful at. Rhodes is somewhere in the middle, but he's definitely closer to the Jennings' of the world.

I think there's something that separates guys like Browner and Sherman from guys like Rhodes and Prince Amukamara. Browner and Sherman get handsy because it's a strength in their play. Rhodes and Amukamara seem to get handsy to avoid being beaten. It's a lot of counter rather than being the aggressor and that's when you get dinged for PI in this league. Sherman and Browner always get complaints for being handsy, but they are also VERY skilled at what they do and how to avoid flags. I don't think that transition is as easy as you'd like to believe and I don't think Rhodes would necessarily pick it up just by watching our guys.
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Rhodes doesn't have the press skills that Browner has that allows him to be so good in the first 5 yards. Browner makes up for a lot of his deficiencies with that press. I don't think Rhodes can make up for those same deficiencies because he doesn't have the wingspan, strength, and general technique that Browner has. Not to mention Browner is somewhat of a liability in that we constantly need to shade Earl to his side. You really want that kind of player in the 1st? Because he's not making it to our 2nd.

If you don't see his poor ball skills you haven't watched enough of him. He's fine playing the ball and generating PDs when he's in position, but he struggles to locate the football in the air when his backs to the ball. This is something Sherman is remarkable at and it's something that Kelly Jennings was awful at. Rhodes is somewhere in the middle, but he's definitely closer to the Jennings' of the world.

I think there's something that separates guys like Browner and Sherman from guys like Rhodes and Prince Amukamara. Browner and Sherman get handsy because it's a strength in their play. Rhodes and Amukamara seem to get handsy to avoid being beaten. It's a lot of counter rather than being the aggressor and that's when you get dinged for PI in this league. Sherman and Browner always get complaints for being handsy, but they are also VERY skilled at what they do and how to avoid flags. I don't think that transition is as easy as you'd like to believe and I don't think Rhodes would necessarily pick it up just by watching our guys.

I feel like browners ball skills are also very underrated as well. I don't remember see him dropping an easy one. I also don't see how Rhodes is much more athletic, he has 4.3 speed and caught Adrian Peterson from behind. He has a great vert as well
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

This is going no where. What's the wager going to be?

Go ahead and find me some instances of what you're talking about with Rhodes, there's tons of tape of him on youtube. 5 or 6 games from 2012 alone.

FSU just doesn't play a whole lot of press. That doesn't mean Rhodes wont be good at it, it means it's an unknown. However in the instances they allow him to do it, he looks very good. Even when they have their CB's play close without pressing, Rhodes does a great job of turning and running.

The only issue I see is his use of hands after 5 yards, but I already address that.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that BB is great at picking off the ball. He has made some very nice picks that a lot of corners couldn't make.
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I do agree that BB is great at picking off the ball. He has made some very nice picks that a lot of corners couldn't make.

Yup. Dude has the second best hands on our defense, and that's only because Sherman is ridiculously good at finding the ball
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR:
Tavon Austin- You may say..this guy is short and we already have Tate and Baldwin. I cannot ignore that he is the most explosive player to come out of the draft since Percy Harvin. Unlike Harvin, he actually has a good attidue. Since we run the read-option 8-15 times a game. I'd like to see Austin in for 4-7 of those. Leon is getting old, and we pay him 3.5 MM per year. Austin can play inside or outside. The thought of him being on STL or SF makes me cringe.

Keenan Allen- his half brother looked for him a lot, but also missed him wide open on many occasions this year..If he was on a team with an above average QB, he could have led the nation very easily in receiving.

Quinton Patton- I love this guy. He's going to be great 3-5th round value.I think CB Banks said he was the hardest guy to cover all year, and Banks plays in the SEC.

I could easily add 5-6 others that I really like (Hunter, Swope, woods..ect), however these are the guys I like the most.

DT:
Brandon Williams
Sheldon Richardson
Sharrif Floyd
Star Lotulelei

WLB
Sio Moore
K.Greene

DE:
Tank Carradine

"We all we got, we all we need"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

This is going no where. What's the wager going to be?

Go ahead and find me some instances of what you're talking about with Rhodes, there's tons of tape of him on youtube. 5 or 6 games from 2012 alone.

FSU just doesn't play a whole lot of press. That doesn't mean Rhodes wont be good at it, it means it's an unknown. However in the instances they allow him to do it, he looks very good. Even when they have their CB's play close without pressing, Rhodes does a great job of turning and running.

The only issue I see is his use of hands after 5 yards, but I already address that.

And I addressed it as well. I said he's not going to be able to correct that habit as easily as you appear to think he will.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pimped him earlier in the year but just had a monster pro day so im gunna pimp him again. Syracuse DT Deon Goggins ran a 4.75 40 yard dash, 31 reps on the bench press (heard he could of did more but stopped), 37 1/2 vertical jump. These numbers would of ranked him top 5 among DL in all those. Ive been saying all year he could be a nice grab in the 5th-7th rounds. I feel he can be a nice depth D-line this year and help the pass rush and develop into a great player for us!! The guy is a monster against both the run and pass. We need to take a shot on him if we get a chance!!!

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: