You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrugges Mock, last till April.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Jrugges Mock, last till April. Reply with quote

Draft:

1st - Dee Milliner, CB. Alabama. ( 60, 200lbs. )
( Milliner was pretty good most of the season imo, and at the combine proved he was athletic enough to belong at the next level. Hes not my favorite choice at 5 but I think Fisher/Joeckel will be gone, Warmack I like but Milliner can sure up the back side with Houston and the others for a few years to come hopefully and there isnt another guy in the backfield as talented besides MAYBE Trufant in this draft. )

2nd - Margus Hunt, DE. SMU. ( 67, 280lbs. )
( Massive, athletic and strong player. Lions will have a very tall, strong, athletic almost intimidating line with Hunt/Suh/Fairley/Jones weighing around 280lbs. )

3rd - Dallas Thomas, OG. Tennessee. ( 65, 310lbs. )
( Hes pretty athletic for a guard with quick feet. Rarely is beaten on the interior with pass rush moves and is strong enough to stand up bull rushs. Had some real battles this year in the SEC. Hes not a polished run blocker but he does move well down field and can pull well which works good for our offense. His strength is standing up players and holding the pocket which also is good for our pass happy offense. I think Thomas might be a natural fit at guard for us and a easy pick if available. Hes a LG/LT through most of college but I dont think its out of the relm to add 5-15lbs of mass and move to RG. )

4th(comp)- Devin Taylor, DE. South Carolina. ( 67, 265lbs. )
( Lengthy and great speed around the edge. Hell likely just be in a reserve role behind Willie. Which is good prolly for Taylor his first year but imo the kid has a shot to earn a starting role off the get- go.)

5th- Josh Boyce, WR. TCU. ( 511, 205lbs. )
( Solid compact WR with 4.3 speed. Hes got real potential imo, good strength, 4.3 speed, but he falls slightly due to offseason surgery but its only for a broken pinky toe. He also had some bad QB play this year which made his numbers take a bit of a hit. )

6th - J.C. Tretter, OL. Cornell. ( 64, 310lbs. )
( Strong, atheltic, compact type of Olinemen. Not long- enough imo to be a true LT type but can hold down RT or either guard position or even work-out as our future C with some good coaching for a year or so. Its a big jump from Ivy league football to the NFL so time is needed but the kids shown to put in the work in the past evolving from a 237lbs TE as a freshmen to what he is now. )

7th- Quinn Sharpe, P/K. Oklahoma State. ( 61, 200lbs. )
( Great punter, and pretty good kicker too. Should upgrade our special teams and could eventually replace Hanson once he retires. )

Signings:

- Lions resign DT Corey Williams to a 2 year contract worth 3 million dollars, 1.12 million dollar signing bonus, 940k dollar salary.

- Lions resign RB Joique Bell to a RFA tender worth 1.26 million.

- Lions resign K Jason Hanson to a 1 year contract worth 1 million dollars, 60k dollar siging bonus, 940k dollar salary.

- Lions resign TE Will Heller to a 1 year contract worth 840k.

- Lions resign DT Andre Fluellen to a 1 year contract worth 715k.

Roster:

OT: Jason Fox, Corey Hilliard
OG: Dallas Thomas, Bill Nagy
OC: Dominic Riaola, Dylan Gandy
OG: Rob Sims, J.C. Tretter
OT: Riley Reiff,
TE: Tony Schfeller, Brandon Pettigrew, Will Heller
WR: Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson, Mike Thomas, Josh Boyce, Brian Robiskie, Kassim Osgood, *Ryan Bryoles
RB: Reggie Bush, Mikeal Leshoure, Joique Bell
QB: Matt Stafford, Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore

DE: James Jones, Devin Taylor
DT: Nick Fairley, Andre Fluellen
DT: Ndamukong Suh, Corey Williams
DE: Margus Hunt, Willie Young, Ronnell Lewis
OLB: DeAndre Levy, Tahir Whitehead
MLB: Stephen Tulloch, Travis Lewis
OLB: Ashlee Palmer, Doug Houge
CB: Chris Houston, Ronald Bartell, Jonte Green
S: Louis Delmas, John Wendling
S: Quin Glover, Ricardo Silva
CB: Dee Milliner, Bill Bentley, Chris Greenwood

K: Jason Hanson
P: Quinn Sharpe
LS: Don Muhlbach
KR/PR: Mike Thomas

Last edited by Jrugges on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmudd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is john fox? jk jk looks good to me not flashy but fills the wholes with solid players. Only thing is i really like Hunt but not so much when i found out he is 28.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmudd wrote:
who is john fox? jk jk looks good to me not flashy but fills the wholes with solid players. Only thing is i really like Hunt but not so much when i found out he is 28.

AHAHAHAH Right? Whoops I'll edit it back to Jason. Lol, but Margus Hunt will be 26 when the NFL season rolls by. Still old but not 28.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting Fox/Hilliard at OT really scares me, but I like what you did with the defense. If they can patch one position together along the offensive line this year they can solidify it next year. You can't fix every problem in one offseason.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the early second is early for Hunt, but I could be wrong.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much like everything you did but Thomas. Like you said, I see him more as a LG prospect. I want a big country boy to take over at center and RG, give me Frederick there and you nailed it.
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this would be a great off season. Hunt scares me a little bit but I think he has a good shot with the new and improved secondary and his line mates taking attention.

I do agree with Stylish about Frederick. I want Jones or Frederick in the 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft as far as hitting needs. Not sure where to go at #5 honestly.

I prefer OL right now as safer but cant fault your draft

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: