Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMDI '13 War Room part II - Bidding Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
Thanks Jrugges, hope things are going well for zona

Are we willing to give anything up for AJ Hawk?
Eh, I prefer to not trade with division rivals. But, if he has a friendly contract, I guess it's worth a look. Can he play outside though? And, how much better than Palmer and McRath is he?

I'm not a big fan of Palmer starting.

I think we should consider Hawk, but I'm not so sure about a 5th for him.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Oakland is offering "much more" than a 6th at the moment, so I'd say he is probably going to be too expensive for the modest upgrade he'd bring.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Apparently Oakland is offering "much more" than a 6th at the moment, so I'd say he is probably going to be too expensive for the modest upgrade he'd bring.

It sounds like someone is trying pretty hard to get us to overpay for him then. If Oakland is offering "much more" then they can have him.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

It sounds like someone is trying pretty hard to get us to overpay for him then. If Oakland is offering "much more" then they can have him.

Both times I was involved in trade talks this offseason I was told a division rival was offering more. Both times I said "good, I like watching division rivals overpay and weaken themselves". Both times the following response was "But, but, but...."

It is one of the oldest, dirtiest, and most useless tactics in the books.
LION KING

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hate our Defense!

Nothing has improved in that area with these moves passing on a Corner in the 1st round is a mistake yet again we need to add young talent key part being TALENT! Wink

I would of traded down before ever taken another Offensive player 1st round this year we can't keep ignoring the defense year after year!

Desmond Trufant CB is going to be the best Corner in this draft we clearly could of moved down and added picks and still improved our Corners!

Not a fan of a TACKLE at 5 just don't like the pick!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:

Nothing has improved in that area with these moves passing on a Corner in the 1st round is a mistake yet again we need to add young talent key part being TALENT! Wink

I would of traded down before ever taken another Offensive player 1st round this year we can't keep ignoring the defense year after year!

Desmond Trufant CB is going to be the best Corner in this draft we clearly could of moved down and added picks and still improved our Corners!

We tried HARD to move down and add picks. Noone would trade up. We even tried torture, but noone would take it.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LION KING wrote:

We tried HARD to move down and add picks. Noone would trade up. We even tried torture, but noone would take it.
Besides, we havent ignored the defense. We traded for 2 safeties, signed another, signed a starting CB, we drafted a DE in round 2, and improved the DL depth. The weakest spot is OLB, but one of the OLB's come off in passing situations, and that would be Palmer who is good against the run.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Unfortunately the only ones being tortured are the fans. Laughing

You and I are pretty much numbed to pain as a result.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is stupid to hate taking a tackle at 5. This offense is built around Stafford and CJ. Protecting and helping those two is smart

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LION KING

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When SWISS CHEESE would be upgrade on our defense then ya you can hate a OFFENSIVE TACKLE again being our 1st round pick we just wasted one on that position not to long ago and we haven't wasted a top 10 pick on a DB since WESTBROOK which was a long long time ago! Shocked

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
When SWISS CHEESE would be upgrade on our defense then ya you can hate a OFFENSIVE TACKLE again being our 1st round pick we just wasted one on that position not to long ago! Wink
Did you even bother to look at the depth chart? And, Reiff is a wasted pick? I don't get that logic where a good hard working player is a waste, but whatever.

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
When SWISS CHEESE would be upgrade on our defense then ya you can hate a OFFENSIVE TACKLE again being our 1st round pick we just wasted one on that position not to long ago and we haven't wasted a top 10 pick on a DB since WESTBROOK which was a long long time ago! Shocked

You don't reach for need. Milliner was drafted. Next CB not worth 5

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something to look at i think would be trading our late round picks for proven veterans at either OLD or DE

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
something to look at i think would be trading our late round picks for proven veterans at either OLD or DE
Getting more DE's would be nice. I think we should try to get a OG too (Moffit for our 5th would be great).

Should we sign the punter we signed in real life?

R.I.P. Stylish
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:
Getting more DE's would be nice. I think we should try to get a OG too (Moffit for our 5th would be great).

Should we sign the punter we signed in real life?

id go cheap vet for the punter. moffit for a fifth would be a go if seattle wants it. Maybe we should consider Fox at RG

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: