Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMDI '13 War Room part II - Bidding Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Can't really complain because I wasn't here to vote, but I think Hunt was a bit of a reach where we were.
Would've been my view a few weeks ago, but I wouldn't have thought it to be a huge reach (always figured he'd go in the 2nd).

Hunt's combine was just ridiculous though, everything from the running, jumping, lifting, and positional drills. His size is ridiculous as well. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go relatively early, like in the middle of the 1st round.

He's a freak in the mold of J.J. Watt

I can understand what you're saying, and Hunt might end up being a stud like you think. However, I think that for every mid level prospect, who has had their stock skyrocket due to blowing up at the combine, who actually lives up to their freakish athletic potential, there are half a dozen other mid level prospects who have their stock skyrocket and don't live up to expectations.

Just don't think we are one of the teams in a position to take chances on a guy like that.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Can't really complain because I wasn't here to vote, but I think Hunt was a bit of a reach where we were.
Would've been my view a few weeks ago, but I wouldn't have thought it to be a huge reach (always figured he'd go in the 2nd).

Hunt's combine was just ridiculous though, everything from the running, jumping, lifting, and positional drills. His size is ridiculous as well. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go relatively early, like in the middle of the 1st round.

I can understand what you're saying, and Hunt might end up being a stud like you think. However, I think that for every mid level prospect, who has had their stock skyrocket due to blowing up at the combine, who actually lives up to their freakish athletic potential, there are half a dozen other mid level prospects who have their stock skyrocket and don't live up to expectations.

Just don't think we are one of the teams in a position to take chances on a guy like that.

curious as to who you would have went for?

our other major consideration was larry warford OG

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

I would have taken Warford over Hunt, but I'm a pretty big Warford fan and have mocked him to us in both of my mocks.

Team Stylish

iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like warford myself but the oline is in much better shape than DE's and this was our last substantial piece to improve at an area.

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
i like warford myself but the oline is in much better shape than DE's and this was our last substantial piece to improve at an area.

Both areas are a position of need, so I'd rather get the better prospect. That's just my drafting philosophy.

Team Stylish

iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW i wanted ogeltree, was the best player left for me

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLovetheLions wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:

Just realized Nala was still available. I think I would have preferred him over both.

Team Stylish

stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:

Both areas are a position of need, so I'd rather get the better prospect. That's just my drafting philosophy.
It was a tough decision, Warford was also my other favorite. In real life, I dont know if I could've pulled the trigger on Hunt.

Much easier to make the call for play.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
iLovetheLions wrote:

It was a tough decision, Warford was also my other favorite. In real life, I dont know if I could've pulled the trigger on Hunt.

Much easier to make the call for play.

Very true, and like Phreak said earlier, if it works out, we look like geniuses, if not, no one will care.

Team Stylish

Jrugges

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the picks so far. Very sexy. Stud LT, possibly the top end rusher... Great job!
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jrugges, hope things are going well for zona

Are we willing to give anything up for AJ Hawk?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:

Eh, I prefer to not trade with division rivals. But, if he has a friendly contract, I guess it's worth a look. Can he play outside though? And, how much better than Palmer and McRath is he?

R.I.P. Stylish
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

Eh, I prefer to not trade with division rivals. But, if he has a friendly contract, I guess it's worth a look. Can he play outside though? And, how much better than Palmer and McRath is he?

He played in the 4-3 during his first few years in Green Bay and shined... Was by far our best LB during the 4-3 years when we were rolling with Hawk, Barnett and Poppinga...

He'd cost you about 5.3m

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

He played in the 4-3 during his first few years in Green Bay and shined... Was by far our best LB during the 4-3 years when we were rolling with Hawk, Barnett and Poppinga...

He'd cost you about 5.3m
Sounded great all the way up to 5.3 million Laughing

What would it cost to trade for him?

R.I.P. Stylish
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

He'd cost you about 5.3m
Sounded great all the way up to 5.3 million Laughing

What would it cost to trade for him?

5.3m...

Hence the fact we're only looking for a 5th Laughing . We're actually going to owe 4.8m in dead money tho.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17

Jump to: