Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers in pursuit of Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
neezy007


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 9195
Location: El Paso
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Is it possible that we could be trading Goldson?



We could have traded him if we had tagged him. There are no sign-and-trades in the NFL. It's not in the player's benefit. Goldson would have to sign a deal with us before march 12th, then be traded on march 12th. Why would Goldson do that, when he can simply not sign with us and sign with the team of his choice? So no, we can't trade Goldson. He doesn't belong to us, right now. If we do sign him, it's to keep him.


I didn't know that. I figured it was unlikely but a man can dream can't he?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnz5429


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1126
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any current news on if the niners are interested in Revis at all. Revis is 28 so he hs at least 5 years left if he can recover from injury back to his orginal form and ability
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14406
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnz5429 wrote:
is there any current news on if the niners are interested in Revis at all. Revis is 28 so he hs at least 5 years left if he can recover from injury back to his orginal form and ability


Yesterday's news that I heard on local radio was someone quoting a 49ers executive as saying we are 99.99% sure we have no interst in Revis.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7849
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we also weren't interested in Peyton last year.. I don't put much stock into amything they say at this time
_________________

-kiltman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see some of these Jets fans react when the team gets far less in a Revis trade than they expected. I am surprised the Jets fans didn't think their team could get the naming rights to Baalke's next kid too.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23099
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
is there any current news on if the niners are interested in Revis at all. Revis is 28 so he hs at least 5 years left if he can recover from injury back to his orginal form and ability


Yesterday's news that I heard on local radio was someone quoting a 49ers executive as saying we are 99.99% sure we have no interst in Revis.


There's a high chance we're getting him then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27663
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Gamble was cut and I would LOVE to go after him. He does have injury concerns but won't demand as much as the other CBs on the market either. This is the type of move we usually make as well.............................
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sbrown


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 9312
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Chris Gamble was cut and I would LOVE to go after him. He does have injury concerns but won't demand as much as the other CBs on the market either. This is the type of move we usually make as well.............................


gamble was a cb i loved coming out of college. not sure of what he can bring, but much like carlos rogers, he may come in and play better based on the aspects of playing on a winning team, and better scheme. But at this point, I'm still not sold on it as being our starter at cb
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27663
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
gamble was a cb i loved coming out of college. not sure of what he can bring, but much like carlos rogers, he may come in and play better based on the aspects of playing on a winning team, and better scheme. But at this point, I'm still not sold on it as being our starter at cb


Gamble before last season was one of the best corners in the game, and of course last year just got hurt. He was playing lights out once again, but the only concern he has is injuries. Two of the last three years he's missed some action. If healthy, which he should be, no reason for him not to be the starter. Well, I guess it also depends on what they do with Culliver. Continue to use him as the NB or start him?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justme400e


Joined: 12 May 2009
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Johnz5429 wrote:
is there any current news on if the niners are interested in Revis at all. Revis is 28 so he hs at least 5 years left if he can recover from injury back to his orginal form and ability


Yesterday's news that I heard on local radio was someone quoting a 49ers executive as saying we are 99.99% sure we have no interst in Revis.


There's a high chance we're getting him then.


My first thought after reading that the Niners said "We have no interest".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23099
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roto.

Jets GM John Idzik has yet to give Darrelle Revis' agents permission to talk to other teams, which is turning off potential suitors.

Quote:
Before executing any trade, interested teams need to talk to Revis' agents for various reasons. Idzik, stubbornly and without foresight, isn't letting that happen. "If I'm making this deal, there's a lot of stuff I need to know," said one NFC exec. "I need to know if he's healthy. I need to know if he wants to play for us. I need to know if I'm going to get a long-term deal or is this one year and we'll see. But I talk to the Jets and they're like, 'OK, what're you offering?' I can't begin to figure it out."

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3104
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profootballtalk.com reports the Jets have a "good" trade offer on the table for Darrelle Revis.
The offer is classified as "good" in terms of compensation coming the Jets' way and the financial terms that would be extended to Revis. However, that financial package has yet to be shared with Revis and his representatives due to GM John Idzik not giving Revis' camp permission to discuss a new contract with other teams. The Falcons, Broncos, and 49ers have recently denied interest in Revis, but a rumor of Eagles GM Howie Roseman "crunching numbers" and "putting together an offer" for Revis surfaced on Sunday.

roto

so who wants to play the guessing game?
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27663
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with TB or a surprise team like NO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adamq


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 7849
Location: Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina Panthers
_________________

-kiltman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13362
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saskatchewan Roughriders.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group