Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers in pursuit of Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingnothing wrote:
Anyone have any opinions on Grimes? Or how much money he is asking for?

I really do not know much about him...

smallish corner coming off an Achilles injury and about to hit 30 years of age. Can flip and run with most WRs... scrappy... good ball skills...

I don't think we should throw money his way. Build through the draft. It's a thick and talented DB class.. and Rogers isn't likely going anywhere. So draft a rd 1-4 kid and develop him behind our trio of CBs as he pushes Cox in camp.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
kingnothing wrote:

smallish corner coming off an Achilles injury and about to hit 30 years of age. Can flip and run with most WRs... scrappy... good ball skills...

I don't think we should throw money his way. Build through the draft. It's a thick and talented DB class.. and Rogers isn't likely going anywhere. So draft a rd 1-4 kid and develop him behind our trio of CBs as he pushes Cox in camp.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Sometimes "insiders" have to whore themselves out, and do tricks for either agents or GMs. That's the way they buy their inside info. They have to leak out rumors every now and then, and in return, they will the real insider news first. So, as far as rumors are concerned, I would never listen to Schefter or Mort. When it's time to confirm news, though, I would.

... and why should we listen to YOU about listening to them!?!

Because my mommy says I'm smart.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
kingnothing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
kingnothing wrote:

Thanks. I was thinking he was youger. Like in the 26 - 27 age range.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/309343462329827328

Quote:
Told that the #49ers haven't even discussed a trade for Darrelle Revis with the Jets. Team was preoccupied with other trade matters.

Hmm....
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
GoLdRuSh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

Quote:
Told that the #49ers haven't even discussed a trade for Darrelle Revis with the Jets. Team was preoccupied with other trade matters.

Hmm....

I second that "hmm".

Who is on the trade block? What player is disgruntled that we would actually want to trade for?
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoLdRuSh wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

Quote:

Hmm....

I second that "hmm".

Who is on the trade block? What player is disgruntled that we would actually want to trade for?

I'm guessing the other "trade matter" was the Alex Smith deal.

It just seems like a new conflicting report is out there every day.
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that we could be trading Goldson?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Is it possible that we could be trading Goldson?

We could have traded him if we had tagged him. There are no sign-and-trades in the NFL. It's not in the player's benefit. Goldson would have to sign a deal with us before march 12th, then be traded on march 12th. Why would Goldson do that, when he can simply not sign with us and sign with the team of his choice? So no, we can't trade Goldson. He doesn't belong to us, right now. If we do sign him, it's to keep him.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appearing on NFL Live Wednesday, ESPN's Ed Werder predicted that the Jets will not get a first-round pick for Darrelle Revis.
"I think it's unlikely that the Jets can get a No. 1 pick," said Werder. "I think a lot of teams might consider giving up a (second-round pick) or less. The Jets are dealing from a position of obvious weakness. Two reasons: He's coming off ACL surgery in the final year of his contract. (And) his contract demands really have potential suitors worried the most. Teams know that if they wait a year, he'll become a free agent. They could get him for nothing." In addition to the 49ers and Falcons, Werder mentioned the Bucs and Lions as potential Revis suitors.

roto
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
GoLdRuSh wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

Quote:

Hmm....

I second that "hmm".

I'm guessing the other "trade matter" was the Alex Smith deal.

It just seems like a new conflicting report is out there every day.

Percy Harvin?
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, when it comes to the Niners reports are irrelevant. These guys are the master of keeping things inside the house (Aside from Smith benching), and aren't going to show their cards just yet.

As for the other trade matters, I'm fairly certain they are talking about the Smith trade.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying this report. I don't think Baalke wants to rent Revis unless it's an extremely favorable trade.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
I'm buying this report. I don't think Baalke wants to rent Revis unless it's an extremely favorable trade.

The Marathe quote about having an expensive defense being "unsustainable" is sticking with me. Because we're going to have to allocate resources to offense soon. A Davis, Iupati, Kaep, Crabs. All are on their rookie contracts. On defense we have to spend on Aldon. Already signed Bowman.

It makes me think we're letting Goldson go for sure. And that we won't sign Revis to a blockbuster deal (especially giving up high picks) when we have to pay a big QB contract sometime in the next 2 years.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

The Marathe quote about having an expensive defense being "unsustainable" is sticking with me. Because we're going to have to allocate resources to offense soon. A Davis, Iupati, Kaep, Crabs. All are on their rookie contracts. On defense we have to spend on Aldon. Already signed Bowman.

It makes me think we're letting Goldson go for sure. And that we won't sign Revis to a blockbuster deal (especially giving up high picks) when we have to pay a big QB contract sometime in the next 2 years.

This.

Who do you guys think we absolutely need to lock up within the next couple of years, players that are essential to our success.

Crabtree, Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, Iupati, and A. Davis are the big ones in my mind. I could see Justin taking a pay cut here in the next couple of years with his mind on winning a superbowl. I could also see a guy like Ahmad Brooks getting an ultimatum (paycut or be released) within the next couple of years in order to clear room for a guy like Aldon. It'll be interesting to see who we decide to keep around, but those I listed above should be the priorities.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: