Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers in pursuit of Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Bucs are the likely Revis destination, if the Jets move quickly http://wp.me/p14QSB-7ChS

Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Bucs are the likely Revis destination, if the Jets move quickly http://wp.me/p14QSB-7ChS

Go Bucs! Over pay him! Overcompensate the JETS! Just make certain our 9ers aren't the ones making that mistake. Laughing
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong thread. Sorry Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane

I'm hearing CB Darelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs. Details just need to be ironed out.

more on revis.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane

I'm hearing CB Darelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs. Details just need to be ironed out.

more on revis.

baron and goldson deep
with revis outside.

that has the looks of a nice secondary

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrelle Revis is owed a $1M roster bonus Saturday.
A meager $1M shouldn't affect the urgency when negotiating a trade of this magnitude. But this is the Jets, so you never know. Per ESPN New York, they're engaged in talks with the Bucs but "no trade appears imminent." Meanwhile, Revis is on vacation in Paris and a picture of him wearing a Falcons hat has surfaced via his manager's Twitter page.

roto
P-Willy52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read that revis to the bucs is being delayed, as the Jets are requesting the 13th pick for Revis, Bucs are said to be offering 2013 2nd rounder, or 2014 1st rounder.

1-0
sbrown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont see anyone giving up that high of a first rounder or any forst rounder for him, without having the leisure of working him out. He just started on the treadmill so the risk is much greater. I think he is going to go for a 2nd rounder at best. And the jets just have to take that deal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tampa Tribune doesn't expect the Bucs to entertain a Darrelle Revis trade for a few more weeks.
Beat writer Roy Cummings thinks the Bucs will see what else free agency has to offer while also waiting for the Jets' asking price to come down. Cummings thinks a trade could come to fruition around the time of April's NFL Draft. There is one thing of which we're certain: Revis will be traded at some point.

roto
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owner Woody Johnson left the door widely ajar Sunday night when asked whether the Jets will trade Darrelle Revis.
The Jets are trading Revis and you can take that to the bank. "Its not one player," said Johnson. "No team is just one player away, maybe with the exception of the quarterback. You cant be distracted by one player. You have to look at everything." Johnson called reports he doesn't want to sign Revis long term, "a little bit exaggerated." Asked if Revis would be on the Jets' 2013 roster, Johnson replied "It depends. Wed like to have him on the team. But were trying to always make the team better. Hes on the team right now."

roto
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The biggest takeaway from our first full day at the league meetings in Phoenix is that, with the Jets and Buccaneers taking strong opposing positions as to the trade value of one of the best defensive players in football, the Buccaneers are close to moving on. The belief is that the Jets want a package headlined by a first-round pick, and that the Buccaneers are willing to part with, at most, a 2014 first-round selection.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/19/bucs-losing-interest-in-revis/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
The biggest takeaway from our first full day at the league meetings in Phoenix is that, with the Jets and Buccaneers taking strong opposing positions as to the trade value of one of the best defensive players in football, the Buccaneers are close to moving on. The belief is that the Jets want a package headlined by a first-round pick, and that the Buccaneers are willing to part with, at most, a 2014 first-round selection.

So it looks like nobody is giving up a 1st for Revis. And that includes us. We probably aren't even offering pick 34 for him, IF we are still interested in him.

Ignoring the financial implications for a second, Revis for pick 61 would be a steal but the Jets won't let him go for that cheap.

I'm very interested to see how this all goes down.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

So it looks like nobody is giving up a 1st for Revis. And that includes us. We probably aren't even offering pick 34 for him, IF we are still interested in him.

Ignoring the financial implications for a second, Revis for pick 61 would be a steal but the Jets won't let him go for that cheap.

I'm very interested to see how this all goes down.

its difficult for the Jets to get much for him right now. The have 0 leverage. Revis isnt even running yet for teams to get a full evaluation on him. when you look at a derrick rose who tore his acl nearly a year ago and hasnt come back but yet iman shumpert tore his on the same day as rose and has been back for 2 months already. not every one responds the same so to invest a first and more picks PLUS millions of guaranteed dollars and NOT know his condition, teams will just pass. The jets are trying to get compensation based on 2009 revis. Teams arent that dumb or anxious.
What will make it worse is come draft time and teams draft cornerbacks, driving revis market even further down. they may have to wait until trade deadline during the season after revis has shown some sort of post injury performance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: