Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers in pursuit of Darrelle Revis
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: 49ers in pursuit of Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---sources--niners-in-pursuit-of-darrelle-revis-211130553.html

Quote:
What will a San Francisco 49ers team already loaded with young talent do with more 2013 draft picks than can possibly make their roster?
Three words: Pursue Darrelle Revis. The 49ers are among a handful of teams that have discussed making a run at Revis this offseason, according to two sources. In fact, the 49ers are poised to make a run at Revis even if it’s just for one season (although that could be problematic from Revis’ standpoint).
The bottom line is that if the New York Jets are serious about retooling their roster as quickly as possible, getting a fistful of picks from the 49ers could be a fine answer. And if history is any indicator, the 49ers will be more than willing.

Thought this would be worthy of its own thread as its a big name acquisition...

As for my opinion...like the talent, not too afraid of the compensation (probably a 2nd or something like that), but i am afraid of the contract Revis wants, the headache that cause, and the potential that we could only have him for 1-2 years. Whereas with our picks we should be looking for long-term contributors.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
VD85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give up our 2 2nds for him with ease. I saw some where the Jets want at least a 1st and a 3rd in return for Revis..interested to see how this unfolds cause boy would that defense be nasty!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thanks much rather take Xavier Rhodes or Johnathan Banks with the first or the first second. much better value imo, no needing to deal with giant contracts.

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pass on Revis the cost isn't the problem Revis is the problem. I don't like the one season rental either reminds me of the Deion Sanders rental and yes i know that's the last SB win we had. But i am still opposed to getting Revis we have a good team mentality and strong Veteran leadership that Revis could affect. Draft a youngster or go another direction just don't get us stranded on Revis Island.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather pick up one of the available CB FAs, then give up a bunch of picks and money to Revis.

I do think Revis could be that missing piece to ring #6, but I don't want to mortgage away our future for a one year run.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get Revis, thats a sign Goldson is out for sure.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
o_0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes? Banks? Guys this isn't just any player we're talking about here. This is REVIS ISLAND. The guy that can play one with absolutely no help and single handedly eliminate any receiver in the NFL. I'd much rather pay the best defensive player in the NFL then Goldson. Let Goldson walk, trade a first and third for Revis, then sign or draft a safety with one of our many other picks.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
Rhodes? Banks? Guys this isn't just any player we're talking about here. This is REVIS ISLAND. The guy that can play one with absolutely no help and single handedly eliminate any receiver in the NFL. I'd much rather pay the best defensive player in the NFL then Goldson. Let Goldson walk, trade a first and third for Revis, then sign or draft a safety with one of our many other picks.

This is Revis Island, after missing a year due to injury.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
o_0 wrote:

Plus, I'd cry if we gave up so much to acquire and possibly re-sign Revis, only to turn around and use him in sissy-soft, 10 yard cushions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
o_0 wrote:

ACLs injuries are not nearly a big deal anymore. They're pretty much sprained ankles nowadays. As long as the medical checks out, the question isn't wether he'll ever become Revis Island again, its when...

BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
o_0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if we trade for Revis, resign Goldson to a long term deal with a really low cap hit the first year, and then just let Revis walk after the season?

BP wrote:
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
What if we trade for Revis, resign Goldson to a long term deal with a really low cap hit the first year, and then just let Revis walk after the season?

that's a complete waste and we trade away potential for a rental.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:

depends on what we give, but i wouldnt mind if it wasnt much

say we give a second (which might not be enough) for a one year rental. i know hes worth more, but this is without an extension so its a second for a year rental

then if he does well and is reasonable, we resign him. if he wants too much or whatever else, he walks and gets a big contract somewhere. then we get a third comp pick

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:

The opposite would be plausible as well. We play Revis at his current low salary, franchise tag Goldson at over 7mil, let him walk after the year and use the money to re-sign Revis.

But I'm not really interested in Revis. He doesn't seem to be a "the team, the team, the team"/blue collar type of guy. He seems more to be a "me, me, me/on an island" type of guy.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
If we get Revis, thats a sign Goldson is out for sure.

or Carlos Rodgers whose salary is in the ballpark of Revis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: